Horton Day-to-Day with undisclosed injury

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Horton Day-to-Day with undisclosed injury

bruised ego?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

No one will get the call.  Maybe Seguin moves up?  Marchand in for Seguin with Bergeron, Paille on the 4th.  Sorry Max. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Two for two today, roler.

"Horton said the injury started when he was hammered to the bench last week and hurt his feelings.  He has suffered from criticism since, adn the problem has gotten progressively worse, developing into a deep bruise.  He is expected to be re-evaluated when the swelling in his head subsides."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I just assumed he forgot his vagisil today or something.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Anyone know of the time frame for a player returning from bring on the rag?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Taz,
    it wont be 1/4 of the money, it'll be additional, theres not cap relief for a player just not dressing... so, technically horton will cost us his salary, plus his replacement..

but BB is right, this is a perfect situation to dress paille back to the 4th line.. I think Caron is still next up on the depth chart from providence at this point too..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bring Paille in no difference, bring Sauve in big difference. If Chiarelli wants the same he will get the same unless he brings some speed with hands into the fray either via trade or call up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

question sandog is do we have the cap room? if not its gotta be paille, unless we send kampfer or mcquaid down, and play stuart...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Horton Day-to-Day with undisclosed injury:
    question sandog is do we have the cap room? if not its gotta be paille, unless we send kampfer or mcquaid down, and play stuart...Posted by rolerhoky19

No we don't Chiarelli only has 200K right now so my pipe dream of actually seeing what Sauve can do up in Boston with NHL talent (well some have talent ?) is just that wishful thinking so Paille it is.

PC needs to clear room now because most teams will be finished making major moves before Feb. 28th. That date is not that far away now. If PC waits to long he will run into the same problem he had last season not enough cap room then he'll have to waive someone.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

thats not really a cap issue though, were carrying 5 mill on injury right now (approx) have a full team, and 200k..

if we had 1.5m laying around you'd hear all the "jacobs wont spend talk" right?

the only move we can make at the dead line would involve ryder.. he the only player we just just resigned who can move enough money to bring someone back in return.. unless rask can start to play like thomas, and thomas can be moved in a package that brings an NHL backup back..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Horton Day-to-Day with undisclosed injury:
    thats not really a cap issue though, were carrying 5 mill on injury right now (approx) have a full team, and 200k.. if we had 1.5m laying around you'd hear all the "jacobs wont spend talk" right? Posted by rolerhoky19

That's very true but I do think PC will do some small salary dumps to get some wiggle room the where and the who is up for debate. If Chiarelli were to send Ryder down I'm sure Jacobs would want payroll at 61Mil not 64Mil so we'll see.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Roler, usually  you make some sense, not that I agree with, but noone is moving Thomas. Horton is probably playing the same as he did in Florida, which is not what a #3 choice should be, but, it may be where his mental game and attitude have morphed. Unfortunately, as with many other current problems, CJ has no clue how to motivate Horton, same as Wheeler, same as Ryder. It's now time for Neely and Chiarelli to get involved and recognize that CJ is not the thinking man's coach that this team needs. His decisions are like scatter shot rather than incisive. Ledting CJ do "his Job" is not working, just like keeping Recchi on Bergeron's line is not working because Rex 's talents[ skating, passing, handling the puck] are not working as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Also, the guys to move up are Arneil and Caron, Sauve, while a sniper has not been progressing since he is back from injury.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, I do NOT get the repeated attempts to put Ryder with Savard.

Bogie - CJ's conviction re: Recchi may have much to do with last year when Recchi looked old and slow until the last three months of the year when he geared up to be one of the Bruins most consistent players in the playoffs.  They need to change his role a bit, though.  He's killing the PP - but he needs to be there for his prowess on the tip and garbage goal.  So...figure out a way to keep the puck away from him and get him to the front of the goal!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Bogie,
    I am like one of 5 people saying you don't trade thomas, but looking at the idea of bringing a player in at the trade deadline the only guy you can move is ryder (last year of a contract 4m cap hit)..

You can't move chara you wont improve the team, you cant move savard unless he is playing better, and if so why trade him? 

You can't move bergeron we just extended him, and while moving him might add offense I doubt it improves the team..

Moving thomas (i am not for it) and getting back a goalie to back up rask (if rask is playing at thomas's level) is the only move that can free cap room, and improve the team with out doing long term damage..

Trading stuart wont free up any money, you neither will wheeler etc..

I wasn't saying i want this, or that, just giving the reality of the current team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Horton Hears a Boo
    ...all the size and skill you need and no gonads, must make Cam ill.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Surprising reaction by some on here to Horton all of a sudden.. Is the bloom off the rose?  The guy has been productive since arriving.. 26pts in 39 games, +15 on the team , most in that category, second on team in scoring..He has fought guys... yes, I agree he has been  a little less productive, but maybe now we know why, .. Some are hard to please I guess...

Still have to explain to me how come Krejci has been getting a pass here lately... Where has he been? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

I saw Horton grab his left shoulder after contact  in one of his  few shifts  in the third period

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Good points cowboy...maybe Krecji is a little beaten up from that blueline hit he took, boy did he get rattled.  Bottom line is the scorers need to start scoring.

On another note, I really wish the league would do something to try to re-establish rivalries.  Some of these games are so void of emotion that they become hard to watch.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

B's have their record b/c of TT.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Rumor has it chess-master Chiarelli is working a 10 year no trade contract for Ryder!

Sections
Shortcuts