Horton Disgruntled with B's Management?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Horton Disgruntled with B's Management?

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

what this seems like to me is a wife that didn't like a city. She liked Florida.

Which part of Florida is Columbus in ?

florida and columbus are similar in that they are not a traditional hockey market. I can't believe I actually just responded to that. You knew exactly what i meant in my post. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

hey stanjon, ever think maybe he loves his wife and wants her to be happy?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I loved Horton as a Bruin in the play-offs. In todays NHL there's no way a player is forced to play thru injuries. This isn't the 50's anymore where a player had to play thru a concussion or back injuries or lose his job. Too many laws in place to have that happen. The guy probably just wanted a 5-7yr deal & knew that he wasn't going to get that in Boston. You're only a UFA probably once in your career where you have lots of options & get long term deals. He picked one that he wanted. I don't think it had anything to do with being upset at Bruin management. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

Imagine the odor on a team if word got out the staff tried to make a player do this?  I'd imagine this would not help recruit any future potential UFAs down the road. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeyfan123. Show Hockeyfan123's posts

Ya but the man always comes first

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to stanjon's comment:

[QUOTE]

well how can I answer this. This guys life is being a pro and she benefits ftom that so using  ur line of reasoning

then if she loves him should she not care of his job goals or is not liking a city reason enough.

[/QUOTE]

maybe she would have stuck with it in boston, but he just sensed she was unhappy there, and making her happy makes him happy. It is very clear that you think she should adhere to his wishes. It isn't the 50's 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

well how can I answer this. This guys life is being a pro and she benefits ftom that so using  ur line of reasoning

then if she loves him should she not care of his job goals or is not liking a city reason enough.

[/QUOTE]

maybe she would have stuck with it in boston, but he just sensed she was unhappy there, and making her happy makes him happy. It is very clear that you think she should adhere to his wishes. It isn't the 50's 

[/QUOTE]

come on! she needs to support him. what was wrong with tge 50's anyway? 

[/QUOTE]

can you read? maybe she would have stayed and supported him but he didn't feel right staying in boston knowing it would have made his wife unhappy. Wow. I bet women are really happy with you. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Can someone attach a link that states that his wife was unhappy in Boston?  I think that was just made up on this board!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

"God I love the Bruins."

Wife: Unhappy in Boston ! I like the seafood it is excellent in Boston. I am sure going to miss the clam chowder.

Nathan: I am a steak person myself. End of discussion were moving baby cake. Wait what do you mean clams... , now I am confuse.

Look at this threaders at the moment the bruins are max out on the cap space:

(1) Iginla for a year not bad replacement his last chance for the ring

(2) Rask is signed

(3) Bergy is signed

(4) Erikson is a more consistent goal scorer then Seguin

(5) The Seguin and Pev deal did get some spots fill in Providence

(6) Training camp and preseason will be exciting to watch which kid wants to fill the NHL roster spots ie Soderberg Caron and wait and see if Knight can prove his worthiness

(7) Most recent deals that put Boston into a playoff SC contention team goodbye Thornton Kessel and Seguin. So far the Bruins still have Hamilton from the Kessel deal, and at the moment I am content with this.

(8) So far the bruins Achilles Heal is fixed. Rask and Bergy are Bruins, and Chara is still with the Bruins for a while time for other young d to mature into the NHL roster.

(9) Hamilton will be a complete d man for next season and years to follow.

(10) Peverly did play good playoff when the Bruins did go on and won the SC a few years back. He did not show up last post season so escape goat along with Seguin ( Tyler is he really Bruins material we won't find out but Erikson is more Bruins type player).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

what this seems like to me is a wife that didn't like a city. She liked Florida.

You knew exactly what i meant in my post. 

[/QUOTE]

Actually I didn't. It didn't make sense .

She wanted Florida......so they chose Columbus, Ohio ? Wouldn't they have attempted to sign with the Panthers or Lightning if that was true.

FYI in an interview I heard, Horton said Columbus was their only choice. They didn't visit anywhere else.

So much for the Horton's wife wanting Florida rumours.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

stanjon/marco/bruins8's idea of Horton and his wife on moving day.

Cartoon caveman dragging a woman by her hair

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Can someone attach a link that states that his wife was unhappy in Boston?  I think that was just made up on this board!

hang- didn't you just make up a theory that Horton left because he was angry about being injured and forced to play?  If there is a link to that story it would also be great to share.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

***Speculation Alert***

My "theory" is that Horton wanted a long-term deal and PC wasn't going to give it.  That "forces" Horton to UFA and he lands a great deal for himself; 7 years/ $31.7M or $5.3M per year for the next 7 seasons. 

That's called financial security.  Wasn't getting that deal in Boston and likely would be playing in Winnepeg is they offered 7yrs/ $32M.  And there's nothing wrong with that, Horton earned the right to make his choice.

I thank Horton for his contributions, huge playoff goals in 2011.  I will remember him fondly for that.  I will also remember him for being pretty inconsistent during the regular season, often guilty of floating around.  

I am really excited about the HLK line transforming into the KIL line with Iginla.  Iginla is a materially better finisher, as NH only topped 30 goals in a season once in his career (31 in 2006-07).  Heck, Iginla topped that on his 'back-9" with 32 in 2011-12, making 11 consecutive seasons with 30+ (includes 2 50's & 2 40's).

Get excited about a full year of  Iginla.  Get excited about Krejci finally having a world-class finisher on his wing.  IMO, that's what we should be talking about, rather than why Horton decided to leave.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

[QUOTE]

hang- didn't you just make up a theory that Horton left because he was angry about being injured and forced to play?  If there is a link to that story it would also be great to share.

[/QUOTE]

Oh come on Crowls go back and read the first sentence of my original post.  

One thing is clear.  Horton didn't want to play here.  His wife wanting to move to Columbus has to be the stupidest of any possible reason.  I have not seen any article claiming his wife hated Boston.  I want to see one.  If there is one please post.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

***Speculation Alert***

My "theory" is that Horton wanted a long-term deal and PC wasn't going to give it.  That "forces" Horton to UFA and he lands a great deal for himself; 7 years/ $31.7M or $5.3M per year for the next 7 seasons. 

That's called financial security.  Wasn't getting that deal in Boston and likely would be playing in Winnepeg is they offered 7yrs/ $32M.  And there's nothing wrong with that, Horton earned the right to make his choice.

I thank Horton for his contributions, huge playoff goals in 2011.  I will remember him fondly for that.  I will also remember him for being pretty inconsistent during the regular season, often guilty of floating around.  

I am really excited about the HLK line transforming into the KIL line with Iginla.  Iginla is a materially better finisher, as NH only topped 30 goals in a season once in his career (31 in 2006-07).  Heck, Iginla topped that on his 'back-9" with 32 in 2011-12, making 11 consecutive seasons with 30+ (includes 2 50's & 2 40's).

Get excited about a full year of  Iginla.  Get excited about Krejci finally having a world-class finisher on his wing.  IMO, that's what we should be talking about, rather than why Horton decided to leave.

I agree with everything you say.  But I want to see the article that says Horton's wife hated Boston.  Some here are claiming that is fact.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You knew exactly what i meant in my post. 

[/QUOTE]

Actually I didn't. It didn't make sense .

She wanted Florida......so they chose Columbus, Ohio ? Wouldn't they have attempted to sign with the Panthers or Lightning if that was true.

FYI in an interview I heard, Horton said Columbus was their only choice. They didn't visit anywhere else.

So much for the Horton's wife wanting Florida rumours.

[/QUOTE]

you really didn't understand that I was just saying taht she liked smaller markets? uh. okay then. I was never trying to start any "Horton's wife wanted Florida rumors." In fact I'm not trying to start any rumors. I'm just speculating that his wife was interested in not being recognized when they went out to dinner. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh come on Crowls go back and read the first sentence of my original post.  

One thing is clear.  Horton didn't want to play here.  His wife wanting to move to Columbus has to be the stupidest of any possible reason.  I have not seen any article claiming his wife hated Boston.  I want to see one.  If there is one please post.

[/QUOTE]

and read what others wrote about horton's wife. It was purely speculation on our part. Trust me, that is far more realistic than an NHL team forcing a player who didn't want to play in the stanley cup finals (i'll let you pause here to realize how ridiculous that notion is) to play. That is ridiculous because 1. teams can't do that, the player just says no and that's that. 2. have you seen the list of injuries players have played through in the stanley cup playoffs? they like to play. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

you really didn't understand that I was just saying taht she liked smaller markets? uh. okay then. I was never trying to start any "Horton's wife wanted Florida rumors." In fact I'm not trying to start any rumors. I'm just speculating that his wife was interested in not being recognized when they went out to dinner. 

I was supposed to know that you meant all of this ^^^^^^^......

.... when all that you posted was .......

[QUOTE]

Uh, ya ok ........who wouldn't, right ?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

If she didn't want to be noticed she shouldn't have posed for Playboy!

Horton left for one of two reasons, maybe a combination of both:

1. A better deal

2. He was unhappy

These really are the only 2 reasons that make any sense.  Since he stated that it "wasn't about the money", that leads to #2, unless #1 is a lie.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hang - Horton's agent mentioned that Nathan wanted to be in a "non-traditional" market. So that is when the Boston and hockey media went to work. And of course this forum blew up.