Horton Disgruntled with B's Management?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Horton Disgruntled with B's Management?

I really wish stanjon would learn how to edit the quote box. Actually, I really wish he wouldnt post anymore since 100% of them are too long and idiotic.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to stanjon's comment:

youIn response to kelvana33's comment:

I really wish stanjon would learn how to edit the quote box. Actually, I really wish he wouldnt post anymore since 100% of them are too long and idiotic.

you wrote something I answered  respectfully and now you resort to insulting words. Did I insult you ? no of vourse nit but you had to show hiw pompous you are didn't you? You think you are a smarter person now how doyou figure. Kelv if my posts are so idiotic then why  do you read them . Why do you need for m posts to be banned when all you need to do is push ignore- stupid little idio!  itts ok you been working too hard and like Chow removing scraping off the toe jam off your wives toes and then cooking it because the mrs is too tired 

to cook you both a dinner.

oh you sweet sweet gentlemen! Every woman's dream !! pushovers suckers!

if you're making a post to say "you aren't smarter than me," you should pay a little more attention to spelling and grammar. You do make a very good point though. We should all put you on ignore. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Disgruntled that they wouldn't overpay him?  He got overpaid by the CBJ - hope he enjoys the early offseason in Columbus and nice house he can buy witn that new contract.  His wife was having a tough time with the kids - hire a nanny.  He is a professional athlete with limited opportiunity in his career to cash in, and guess what, he cashed in.  Good for him, but he wasn't getting that money in Boston and he knew it.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

It's not just him, Kel.  Lots of people are failing to do so.  It's the fools and many regulars as well.  Dez and Shupe are excused because they're all iPad or tablet junkies.  The rest are just being lazy and are showing no respect for the people who want to read what is written.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

since this is a speculative thread ....

Nathan, I don't like Boston

OK !!! you got it

holy krap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

since this is a speculative thread ....

Nathan, I don't like Boston

OK !!! you got it

holy krap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done, Nathan Horton.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

It's not just him, Kel.  Lots of people are failing to do so.  It's the fools and many regulars as well.  Dez and Shupe are excused because they're all iPad or tablet junkies.  The rest are just being lazy and are showing no respect for the people who want to read what is written.

Is there a list to go by for who not to respond to ? If there is one........F it. It's not my list. It's someone else's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

Can someone attach a link that states that his wife was unhappy in Boston?  I think that was just made up on this board!

Hang - Horton's agent mentioned that Nathan wanted to be in a "non-traditional" market. So that is when the Boston and hockey media went to work. And of course this forum blew up.

True Sandog.  And it's because his agent is full of crap.  NH left for the money.  But because his agent said it wasn't about the money - it was about the lifestyle - that opened up a can of worms.  

Agents should keep their mouths shut and not comment to the media.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Is there a list to go by for who not to respond to ? If there is one........F it. It's not my list. It's someone else's.

I'm not sure what you're referring here.  I seems like the fight is on with every post.  I will not be joining the fray, however.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

HORTONS WIFE IS A DOODY HEAD !SHE HATED BOSTON AND CLAM CHOWDER AND SAM ADAMS BEER! IF SHE SAID "HAI NATE THIS PLACE IS SILLY CRAZY LETS GO SOMPLECE QUIYET!" 

Nate SHOULD HAVE SAID "NO WAY JOSE! THIS PLACE RULZ! FORGET YOU LADY IM A MAN" AND SCORED A MILION GOAL FOR BRUINS!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

thats what i took away from this thread.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

thats what i took away from this thread.

That about sums it up, Davey.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I'm not sure what you're referring here.  I seems like the fight is on with every post.  I will not be joining the fray, however.

I am referring to the comment you made that it's lazy and disrespectful to others with who a person is responding to. If others feel that way with who I respond to .......then I apologize.

But on the other hand I will not have someone suggest that because they don't like the poster, I shouldn't respond to them. They are not trolls. They are Bruins fans with ideas that I don't agree with.

Unfortunately, I will not be joining the group of uppity thinking posters who try to control this.

Enough of the sweet talking with the kinder, gentler Nas..............I have more fraying and fighting to do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Hang - Horton's agent mentioned that Nathan wanted to be in a "non-traditional" market. So that is when the Boston and hockey media went to work. And of course this forum blew up.

True Sandog.  And it's because his agent is full of crap.  NH left for the money.  But because his agent said it wasn't about the money - it was about the lifestyle - that opened up a can of worms.  

Agents should keep their mouths shut and not comment to the media.[/QUOTE]

An attorney in front of a microphone or camera keep their mouths shut ?

Heh

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I am referring to the comment you made that it's lazy and disrespectful to others with who a person is responding to. If others feel that way with who I respond to .......then I apologize.

But on the other hand I will not have someone suggest that because they don't like the poster, I shouldn't respond to them. They are not trolls. They are Bruins fans with ideas that I don't agree with.

Unfortunately, I will not be joining the group of uppity thinking posters who try to control this.

Enough of the sweet talking with the kinder, gentler Nas..............I have more fraying and fighting to do.

I didn't say anything about who you can or cannot respond to.  My statement was about editing the quote box...which you always do.

Again, many here are looking for a fight.  This is a perfect example.  I'm not interested.  Go fight with SanDog about typos.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Can someone attach a link that states that his wife was unhappy in Boston?  I think that was just made up on this board!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Saying he left for the money, is the same, out in left field speculation, as the wife stuff, except it's even less logical.  From virtually every angle, it appears the B's were genuinely surprised that Horton wasn't interested in coming back.  Had it been "only" about the money...or even "mainly" about the money, Nathan would've looked at the B's offer, as well as the others that would have been submitted by probably 6 or 7 other teams besides Columbus.  Everything was signed, sealed, and put to bed with the Columbus deal by July 5, meaning he didn't possibly have the time to adequately "shop" the market(particulars would have been hammerred out a day or 2 earlier).  Agents, players, and team executives often speak in riddles, half truths, and outright deception.  Sometimes, when it suits their agenda, they're forthright.  In this case, the facts suggest everything was laid out truthfully.

The fact that Horton scored a great contract by our standards, means nothing.  It's inconsequential, when arguing he "went solely to the money".  He didn't have time to.  Appears Horton got a great offer from a team outside the hockey belt.  An offer that suited him both, in terms of money, and serenity.

When players sign a deal right out of the FA gate, it's usually about much more than just money, and the reason is simple.  Making a quick decision limits ones ability to get the most dollars.     

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

...not that NAS needs my support, but the way I read his reply was that he was/is disgruntled that many posters simply hit the Reply to this Post button and add their $0.02 - dragging out the overall length of the reply. A little housekeeping before posting would go a long way.

I didn't feel it was in any way aimed at who is replying to who(whom?).

BTW -  I think Horton moved because he became a successful Jack-in-the-Box franchisee and was told that that was going to be his location. Just speculating, of course.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

Saying he left for the money, is the same, out in left field speculation, as the wife stuff, except it's even less logical.  From virtually every angle, it appears the B's were genuinely surprised that Horton wasn't interested in coming back.  Had it been "only" about the money...or even "mainly" about the money, Nathan would've looked at the B's offer, as well as the others that would have been submitted by probably 6 or 7 other teams besides Columbus.  Everything was signed, sealed, and put to bed with the Columbus deal by July 5, meaning he didn't possibly have the time to adequately "shop" the market(particulars would have been hammerred out a day or 2 earlier).  Agents, players, and team executives often speak in riddles, half truths, and outright deception.  Sometimes, when it suits their agenda, they're forthright.  In this case, the facts suggest everything was laid out truthfully.

The fact that Horton scored a great contract by our standards, means nothing.  It's inconsequential, when arguing he "went solely to the money".  He didn't have time to.  Appears Horton got a great offer from a team outside the hockey belt.  An offer that suited him both, in terms of money, and serenity.

When players sign a deal right out of the FA gate, it's usually about much more than just money, and the reason is simple.  Making a quick decision limits ones ability to get the most dollars.     

I disagree with just about everything you say here steve.  Not really worth arguing though because only a few people know the truth and none of them post here!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I disagree with just about everything you say here steve.  Not really worth arguing though because only a few people know the truth and none of them post here!

[/QUOTE]

Sure it is hang.  If you disagree speak up.  We don't always have every minute detail.  Judges and juries don't either, but they still have to make decisions on what' information is available.  We have some facts from which to draw conclusions, coupled with comments.  If your take makes more sense...I'd like to hear it.  In fact, when someone makes a comment as strong as yours, they're kind of obligated.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

steve- can't the Bruins want Horton back (at their number and term) and have that be inconsistent with Horton's expectations?  Seems  fairly common to have both of those conditions be true?

Also, wouldn't put too much stock in the timing either, seems like negotiations happen in advance of the official window opening.  Horton's agent knew the market based on the conversations he was in on, including, during the negotiation window this year.  Some 60+ players signed on July 5th, so "shopping" the market probably happened.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

I know why Horton left. I will share it with all of you in August, once I get back from vacation.

It was not his wife, his injury or money. It was more of a personal nature.

Talk to you all later.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

I know why Horton left. I will share it with all of you in August, once I get back from vacation.

Talk to you all later.

What a cliffhanger?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Talk to you all later.

What a cliffhanger?

And if the Don gets whacked on vacation we may never find out.

• Sections
    Shortcuts