Horton Disgruntled with B's Management?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Horton Disgruntled with B's Management?

At the end of the day who cares why Horton left. It was reported HE did not like living in a big city. Whatever the reason, it was his choice to make. He's off to Columbus with a 37 million dollar deal and a wife that looks like that. Good for him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[/QUOTE]

Sure it is hang.  If you disagree speak up.  We don't always have every minute detail.  Judges and juries don't either, but they still have to make decisions on what' information is available.  We have some facts from which to draw conclusions, coupled with comments.  If your take makes more sense...I'd like to hear it.  In fact, when someone makes a comment as strong as yours, they're kind of obligated.

[/QUOTE]

I believe Horton is the type of guy who wouldn't just walk away from the B's without at least giving PC the chance to lay an offer on the table.  I also believe PC did in fact put forth an offer and NH didn't like it, and the gap was so wide that negaotiating to the middle ground wasn't going to work for NH either.  So he left for the big payday.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If one is going to believe all this hullabaloo, I should start believing what I heard today.  Seguin was involved with Horton's wife.  Now that is right up there with Badhab's thread from a week or so ago.  I will go back to my original thought, good luck Tyler. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I believe Horton is the type of guy who wouldn't just walk away from the B's without at least giving PC the chance to lay an offer on the table.  I also believe PC did in fact put forth an offer and NH didn't like it, and the gap was so wide that negaotiating to the middle ground wasn't going to work for NH either.  So he left for the big payday.  

Based on what?  Did you have dinner with him 20 times?  We know nothing about the man.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Based on what?  Did you have dinner with him 20 times?  We know nothing about the man.

Based on my opinion that I doubt he woke up one morning and said to himself "I hate this place.  I'm outta here."  After all, he was a big part of a very successful team.  Players generally want to play for such teams.

You're right though NAS, there are many things we don't know.  Maybe my OP has some merit and he was disgruntled with management.  We just don't know, so we try to understand by talking about it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[/QUOTE]

Saying he left for the money, is the same, out in left field speculation, as the wife stuff, except it's even less logical.  From virtually every angle, it appears the B's were genuinely surprised that Horton wasn't interested in coming back.  Had it been "only" about the money...or even "mainly" about the money, Nathan would've looked at the B's offer, as well as the others that would have been submitted by probably 6 or 7 other teams besides Columbus.  Everything was signed, sealed, and put to bed with the Columbus deal by July 5, meaning he didn't possibly have the time to adequately "shop" the market(particulars would have been hammerred out a day or 2 earlier).  Agents, players, and team executives often speak in riddles, half truths, and outright deception.  Sometimes, when it suits their agenda, they're forthright.  In this case, the facts suggest everything was laid out truthfully.

The fact that Horton scored a great contract by our standards, means nothing.  It's inconsequential, when arguing he "went solely to the money".  He didn't have time to.  Appears Horton got a great offer from a team outside the hockey belt.  An offer that suited him both, in terms of money, and serenity.

When players sign a deal right out of the FA gate, it's usually about much more than just money, and the reason is simple.  Making a quick decision limits ones ability to get the most dollars.     

[/QUOTE]

steve- can't the Bruins want Horton back (at their number and term) and have that be inconsistent with Horton's expectations?  Seems  fairly common to have both of those conditions be true?

Also, wouldn't put too much stock in the timing either, seems like negotiations happen in advance of the official window opening.  Horton's agent knew the market based on the conversations he was in on, including, during the negotiation window this year.  Some 60+ players signed on July 5th, so "shopping" the market probably happened.

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely Crowls.  It just doesn't really look like it went down that way, and if it was...still doesn't mean he "went for the money".  Just means Columbus offerred more than Boston.(which I feel makes perfect sense).  There's a lot more potential out there than 2 teams though.

In order for the "going for the most money" theory to float, one has to make several assumptions, the first being some kind of conspiracy.  It would have been easier, and cleaner for Hortons camp to merely spew the canned,  "offer I couldn't refuse...had to look out for my future, family yada, yada", and the Bruins to merely go to the cupboard and take out the old "more than we were comfortable spending, yada, yada".  For Horton, why go to such lengths coming up with a lie, when you're opening yourself up to more ridicule than the truth?  Doesn't add up.  For the Bruins, the admission that they were very surprised at Horton's decision, suggests they're not as "up on things" as maybe they should be.  Why would they go along with Hortons lie, when the truth of him merely accepting a bloated contract makes them look better.  Doesn't add up.

Then there's the obvious.  What Horton ended up doing, was perfectly matched to what Horton was saying. 

As far as "shopping", I agree it's naive to assume there isn't some of that going on before the deadline, however, it's equally naive to assume a player can secretly wring every last penny out of the marketplace without being caught, if you try and move too far ahead of the time frame.  It takes some time to get wined and dined by potential suitors, and with this years free agent pool, it's silly to think that only Boston and Columbus were interested in Horton.  If it's all about the money, Horton and company didn't have time to exhaust all of those possibilities.

Those 60+ players you're talking about are a testament to my point.  It's not all about the money.  It's all about being in the ballpark monetarily(which agents have well documented) then choosing your employer.  The DNA of most pro hockey players will do the Iginla thing if given the choice.  All things equal, they'd sooner play for the team with the best chance to win.  After that, there are dozens of considerations.  Not many go "just for the money", simply because in todays NHL, there's usually at least a team or 2 that will match.(why offer sheets are so useless).  When we see how NHL GM's throw money around lately, it's a stretch to assume "anyone" couldn't get more than they're getting.

I know it's boring, but I think Horton, the Bruins, his agent, and his family were telling the truth.  He wanted a new location to pursue his craft.  Anything more is just detail, but doesn't change the fact he didn't want to play in Boston anymore.  I think Columbus was the type of market he wanted to play in, and they offerred enough to make him very content,... so he signed.  That's not simply chasing the most money. 

Hurry back from vacation Don.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

If one is going to believe all this hullabaloo, I should start believing what I heard today.  Seguin was involved with Horton's wife.  Now that is right up there with Badhab's thread from a week or so ago.  I will go back to my original thought, good luck Tyler. 

I heard the same thing from multiple people Isla.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

OK Nathan.  I believe you now.  Enjoy your nice quiet life with your puppet Davidson...Yeah, guys with families can't possibly play in Boston.

Horton said he realized that some people in Boston might not be able to understand the move.

“I’m thankful for my opportunity in Boston. I met a lot of great people, I’ve had great teammates, I had a great time there,” he said. “I just think that to be in this city, it’s a great opportunity for me and my family to be in a house and for it to be a little bit more quiet. That’s what I was looking for.”

Horton’s new contract will result in a $5.3-million cap hit. He’ll collect $29-million in the first five years of the contract.

Davidson was angry that panelists on a TV sports show out of Canada put down Horton for coming to Columbus, saying that he was “going into the woods” or moving to “Green Acres.”

“Family is a big part of this,” Davidson said. “Columbus is a terrific city. It has so much to offer.”

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Didnt multiple people also hear that he was found at frog pond passed out or something too?

The whole seguin and hortons wife thing stinks of 'what can we make up that will make this seem soap opera-y'

Why cant the reasoning behind all this just be he was going after a long-term deal and a big payday that he knew he probably wasnt getting in Boston?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

Didnt multiple people also hear that he was found at frog pond passed out or something too?

The whole seguin and hortons wife thing stinks of 'what can we make up that will make this seem soap opera-y'

Why cant the reasoning behind all this just be he was going after a long-term deal and a big payday that he knew he probably wasnt getting in Boston?

You don't think it's entirely possible that BOTH things happened? I heard it in the hockey locker room from a couple of guys that know people in the Bruins organization. Not saying its 100% true, but I have to think there could be some basis behind the claims.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

In response to DaveyN's comment:

You don't think it's entirely possible that BOTH things happened? I heard it in the hockey locker room from a couple of guys that know people in the Bruins organization. Not saying its 100% true, but I have to think there could be some basis behind the claims.

Possible? Yes. I also think him being abducted by aliens and who we are seeing isnt really Nate Horton but an alien transplant is within the realm of possibility. Do I think it happened though? Absolutely not.  There is no way to sit in the same locker room and play on the same ice with a guy that was with your wife.
    It would literally take a direct quote from a 100% completely reliable source confirming that it happened for me to believe it.   Otherwise, this all seriously sounds like the b**chy table in the cafteria in high school.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[/QUOTE]

Possible? Yes. I also think him being abducted by aliens and who we are seeing isnt really Nate Horton but an alien transplant is within the realm of possibility. Do I think it happened though? Absolutely not.  There is no way to sit in the same locker room and play on the same ice with a guy that was with your wife.
    It would literally take a direct quote from a 100% completely reliable source confirming that it happened for me to believe it.   Otherwise, this all seriously sounds like the b**chy table in the cafteria in high school.

[/QUOTE]

Tell that to Jeff Carter and Scott Hartnell.  And let's not forget Shanahan is married to ex-teammate (and old friend) Craig Janney's ex. ..I wonder how they met??!!  There's probably many more too.

And don't forget about the BU players with recent legal troubles...a report came out claiming the players had a culture of "sexual entitlement".  Wouldn't surprise me if it's a widespread issue at many of the higher levels.  Chicks like hockey players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[/QUOTE]

Tell that to Jeff Carter and Scott Hartnell.  And let's not forget Shanahan is married to ex-teammate (and old friend) Craig Janney's ex. ..I wonder how they met??!!  There's probably many more too.

And don't forget about the BU players with recent legal troubles...a report came out claiming the players had a culture of "sexual entitlement".  Wouldn't surprise me if it's a widespread issue at many of the higher levels.  Chicks like hockey players.

[/QUOTE]

Hang, you know that was just a rumor made up by a guy on the internet as an experiment right? There was no truth to it whatsoever. There was even talk of trying to charge the guy for it since it was such a blatant lie.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hang, you know that was just a rumor made up by a guy on the internet as an experiment right? There was no truth to it whatsoever. There was even talk of trying to charge the guy for it since it was such a blatant lie.

[/QUOTE]

I thought it was true but whatever, adultery is everywhere so no story about it shocks me anymore.

This thread has turned into quite the maze of information and most of it is just junk!!  I'm done here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought it was true but whatever, adultery is everywhere so no story about it shocks me anymore.

This thread has turned into quite the maze of information and most of it is just junk!!  I'm done here.

[/QUOTE]

It does indeed happen Hang. Iafrate got traded out of Toronto but his wife stayed to keep banging Leeman who was the Leafs top goal scorer at the time. I also heard recently that Don Sweeney found Ray Bourque banging his fiance.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't think they needed a report for that. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If Seguin slept with Horton's wife, Seguin would be in a wheelchair...for life.  Horton would destroy that pussbag.

What a stupid concept.  Whomever came up with that one is a complete deeeeeebag.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Based on my opinion that I doubt he woke up one morning and said to himself "I hate this place.  I'm outta here."  After all, he was a big part of a very successful team.  Players generally want to play for such teams.

You're right though NAS, there are many things we don't know.  Maybe my OP has some merit and he was disgruntled with management.  We just don't know, so we try to understand by talking about it.

Hang, he wanted a big fat contract and to move his fine wife where she wanted to be.  a lot of players realize that playing for successful teams gets them huge paydays.  See my last 6 weeks of ranting.  See horton.  

His wife wanted to be in a bikini 12 months a year and out of a hockey market.  Hes not exactly mr personality.  I knew he was leaving.  I wont miss him one bit.   

His health concerns are the reason he turned into a soft player.  He didnt want to risk injury during the year so he would miss our on turning it on in the playoffs.   

i was never a big fan dating from the time the deal was made.  Go hide in a hockey dump and enjoy not making the playoffs and never even coming close to a cup.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

It does indeed happen Hang. Iafrate got traded out of Toronto but his wife stayed to keep banging Leeman who was the Leafs top goal scorer at the time. I also heard recently that Don Sweeney found Ray Bourque banging his fiance.

Good thing they dont play in the nfl or it would be another type of banging.  When did banging become ok to type in here.  Banging! 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Hang, he wanted a big fat contract and to move his fine wife where she wanted to be.  a lot of players realize that playing for successful teams gets them huge paydays.  See my last 6 weeks of ranting.  See horton.  

His wife wanted to be in a bikini 12 months a year and out of a hockey market.  Hes not exactly mr personality.  I knew he was leaving.  I wont miss him one bit.   

His health concerns are the reason he turned into a soft player.  He didnt want to risk injury during the year so he would miss our on turning it on in the playoffs.   

i was never a big fan dating from the time the deal was made.  Go hide in a hockey dump and enjoy not making the playoffs and never even coming close to a cup.  

Columbus isn't really a tropical paradise, Shupe.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

His wife wanted to be in a bikini 12 months a year and out of a hockey market.  Hes not exactly mr personality.  I knew he was leaving.  I wont miss him one bit.   

Columbus isn't really a tropical paradise, Shupe.

Beat me to it. Ohio doesn't scream beaches and sunshine for 12 months. Come to think of it the only beaches in Ohio are on lake Erie... and that's nowhere near Columbus.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

What a stupid concept.  Whomever came up with that one is a complete deeeeeebag.

Agreed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to stanjon's comment:

not seguin who deserves the beating its his wife. Horton isnt married to Tyler. Based on what of some of you said with conviction I might add , horton should pretty much do whatever she so desires because she is such a hotty. shes a disgusting dirty hor.and Horton a stupid big idiot.  somehow his move is becoming more clear. this sort of stuff may be more common then we think. I guess there's  not enough communication among them - losers! or how about - come on Horton make her happy give her another cok .don't be such s caveman!

You have just cemented yourself as not only the dumbest person in this thread, but one of the dumber people ive encountered on this wonderful world wide web.

Horton's wife is a w***e because....of a rumor? Class.

She deserves a beating? 

You knuckle-dragging, mouth breathing idiot.  Take an english class and get a life. Literally every single time I see your name next to a comment in any thread I strap myself in for some good ol fashion idiocy.

You literally just said its ok to beat a woman.  Seriously?

SERIOUSLY?!

• Sections
    Shortcuts