Horton: Good News

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Horton: Good News

11m (1:30am)

Just watched Nathan Horton walk down the hall at United Center. Didn't notice any injury. Looked pretty mobile.

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Horton: Good News

Pierre said he's been playing with a lingering upper body injury and it looks like he hurt it worse. I dont like the fact that nobody hit him and he didnt come back..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Looked like a popped shoulder. He pushed at the defender to get at the puck in front of the net. He exterted too much. Does seem a bit fragile.

Better they pop it back and let him rest for a few days.

Where's the cortisone?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

He may have left the rink with no adverse effects, but not coming back when there was 3 periods of OT makes me think he will be out a while.Maybe he'll be back if the series goes 6 or 7.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Have a look. Hopefully, it won't be bad. It certainly doesn't look like more than a popped shoulder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L9jHxOXgBY

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Looked like a popped shoulder. He pushed at the defender to get at the puck in front of the net. He exterted too much. Does seem a bit fragile.

Where's the cortisone?

Lol playoff hockey

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The question becomes. If Horton can't go who takes his spot and how will it affect the other lines. If he can't go I'm guessing Seguin takes his spot.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Seguin is correct.  Yeti on the third line?  

Don't judge me monkey!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Im still hesitant to put the Yeti in there...but then again what are our other options? Pandolfo? Spooner? Tough call...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I'm for the Yeti if need be. I don't feel comfortable with Pandolfo or Spooner at this stage.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Have a look. Hopefully, it won't be bad. It certainly doesn't look like more than a popped shoulder.

Pretty sure it's related to the injury he sustained in the Iginla fight in the last regular season game against the Pens late April. Watch the youtube video on that one. It's the same side/shoulder. He was out for a while with that. I wouldn't be suprised if he needs some repairs in the offseason to get that addressed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to ROWDYRODRUST's comment:

I'm for the Yeti if need be. I don't feel comfortable with Pandolfo or Spooner at this stage.

As odd as it seems, it may actually be the best choice.

How are the lines then?

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin

March-Bergergon-Jagr

Daugavin-Soderberg-Peverly

Paille-Kelly-Thornton

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I would swap Seguin and Jagr. Segs has had tons of sucess with Bergy and March. We really need to get Seguin going. I think Jagr's style fits in better with Krejci & Looch too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to MDsizzle's comment:

I would swap Seguin and Jagr. Segs has had tons of sucess with Bergy and March. We really need to get Seguin going. I think Jagr's style fits in better with Krejci & Looch too.

I agree.  I'd also like to see Krejci be setting Jagr up on the first line.

That second line of Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin had some real magic last season.  Seguin's been playing great but he just hasn't had any luck going for him.  Maybe putting him back with these two is the adjustment he needs to start netting a few.  If he pots one, the flood gates will open.  He's hustling, winning puck battles, and playing great defense.  I'm pleased with his play so far in the past couple games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to MDsizzle's comment:

I like Jagr on the Bergeron line.  He brings better possession skills to that line.  His size, board work, and passing are great for Marchand and Bergeron.  Seguin doesn't provide those things.  Looch has been handling the hitting on the #1 line anyway, as Horton hasn't been physical for awhile becasue of his shoulder separation.  He has used his skating, his shot, and passing.  Something that Seguin can do.  I think the 3rd & 4th lines need some changes.

Lucic Krejci Seguin

Marchand Bergeron Jagr

Paille Peverly Daug

Spooner Pandolfo Soderberg 

Bruins aren't rolling 4 with Campbell injury, Kelly has been abysmal all year, and obviously CJ has no faith in #22.  Load the 4th up with 3 centers and see what happens in their 10 minutes of ice time.  I feel that Pandolfo can contribute in the dot and on the PK just as well as Kelly.  Spooner and Soderberg can skate.  And if someone falters on line three, juggle the bottom 2 accordingly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Where's the cortisone?

Thats' Don Cortisone...the Goddoctor.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

per dreger: doubtful for game two

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hawks 3rd line much stronger then ours.   bolland shaw bickell were great for them.  

My lines would be 

dk/seguin/lucic.  Bergie line

kelly/peverly/paille.  

Soder/doug/ST- used very little.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Hawks 3rd line much stronger then ours.   bolland shaw bickell were great for them.  

My lines would be 

dk/seguin/lucic.  Bergie line

kelly/peverly/paille.  

Soder/doug/ST- used very little.  

Whoever it is this is the key.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

might as well go for a soda.

ending threads since '07

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Per ESPN NHL updates,

"Bruins Nathan Horton listed as day-to-day with upper-body injury"

That's somewhat encouraging that he isn't officially out for the remainder of the Finals.

Hopefully he can get some rest, sit out Game 2, shoot him up with cortisone and painkillers so he's ready for Game 3 or 4, and then surgically repair the injury in the offseason.

The poor guy just can't catch a break with injuries.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night nor do I think I am Dr. Recchi but no one seeing Horton with his arm in a sling is a good sign.

I said on all of of the BDC thread-lineup-predictions throughout the playoffs, if Bruin fans see Pandolfo on the ice for Boston at anytime..."we in big trouble"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

An upper body injury is not what the Chicago Blahocks saw in Horton.  He will be a target.  Take him out early is going to be the focus.  Separated shoulders are not something one can simply take pain killers to alleviate the pain.  Caron maybe the answer, but one thing is for sure, it ain't Plainawful.  Yeti is still intriguing.  He has to be better offensively than Caron.  

Don't judge me monkey!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to 4everbruins's comment:

Pretty sure it's related to the injury he sustained in the Iginla fight in the last regular season game against the Pens late April. Watch the youtube video on that one. It's the same side/shoulder. He was out for a while with that. I wouldn't be suprised if he needs some repairs in the offseason to get that addressed.

I heard that also...but he was slashed at the net...He was grabbing his wrist Did anyone else see that ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

In response to 4everbruins's comment:

[QUOTE]

I heard that also...but he was slashed at the net...He was grabbing his wrist Did anyone else see that ?

[/QUOTE]
    Ive had a couple seperated shoulders before,you tend to grab wrist or lower arm to support shoulder,sometimes they can just pop them back in and your good to go.i never was though,I couldn't do nothing for couple of weaks,but I'm a big baby.