Horton: Good News

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: Horton: Good News

Just hope they are sure he's 100%. Would rather they bring someone up than to have him reinjure and have to shorten the bench again. Hawks will be targeting that shoulder once he's back.

If they do fly in a replacement -- make sure they pack a bottle of TD Garden ice so Horton can baptize the United Center playing surface.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Just read on twitter that he practiced today and looked good.  Alternated shifts with Seguin on his usual line.  It said he was shooting fine and appeared to have no real movement limitations.  If Hortons out it looks like the lines would be

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin

Matchand-Bergeron-Jagr

Paille-Soderberg-Peverly

Daug-Kelly-Thornton

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger 11m (1:30am)

Just watched Nathan Horton walk down the hall at United Center. Didn't notice any injury. Looked pretty mobile.

Hey Einstein, it's an upper body injury. Did you expect a noticeable lower-body limp?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:

[QUOTE]

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger 11m (1:30am)

Just watched Nathan Horton walk down the hall at United Center. Didn't notice any injury. Looked pretty mobile.

Hey Einstein, it's an upper body injury. Did you expect a noticeable lower-body limp?

[/QUOTE]

a seperated shoulder would normally mean a sling. Einstein

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=18463&navid=nhl:topheads

Video of Horton practicing today.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Practiced with out body contact ,not sure if Hawks will refrain from body contact,

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

In response to Stuke50's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to 4everbruins's comment:

[QUOTE]

Have a look. Hopefully, it won't be bad. It certainly doesn't look like more than a popped shoulder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L9jHxOXgBY

Pretty sure it's related to the injury he sustained in the Iginla fight in the last regular season game against the Pens late April. Watch the youtube video on that one. It's the same side/shoulder. He was out for a while with that. I wouldn't be suprised if he needs some repairs in the offseason to get that addressed.

I heard that also...but he was slashed at the net...He was grabbing his wrist Did anyone else see that ?

[/QUOTE]
    Ive had a couple seperated shoulders before,you tend to grab wrist or lower arm to support shoulder,sometimes they can just pop them back in and your good to go.i never was though,I couldn't do nothing for couple of weaks,but I'm a big baby.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, and that's exactly what he did in both instances. And it wasn't a slash Stuke, he tried to push the Blackhawk defenseman, and immediately winced in pain, and grabbed his wrist.

If he plays, the Hawks will be looking to put hits on him. I guess the Bruins can give him a needle to dull the pain, but man......he's got to this thing fixed or it's just going to keep happening.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"We'll have to make a decision on him tomorrow," Bruins Head Coach Claude Julien told media following the team's practice. "It was encouraging to see him out there today. If he feels good tomorrow, he's in the lineup, simple as that."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

It looks like Horton will play tonight. Great news! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

You said it brutha, i don't think they'd let him play if they didn't think he could play the whole game.Put it this way, he's better than questionable. Cortisone man, that's the ticket.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

[QUOTE]

You said it brutha, i don't think they'd let him play if they didn't think he could play the whole game.Put it this way, he's better than questionable. Cortisone man, that's the ticket.

[/QUOTE]

I sure hope he is ready because the last thing I want to see is him getting hurt again early forcing CJ to over play some others. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Fluto reported he's playing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I sure hope he is ready because the last thing I want to see is him getting hurt again early forcing CJ to over play some others. 

[/QUOTE]

Yup Dez. Exactly what I'm worried about. Let's hope he lasts the whole game and that he's not a liability out there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Yup Dez. Exactly what I'm worried about. Let's hope he lasts the whole game and that he's not a liability out there.

[/QUOTE]

People are free to support Thornton as a player but personally, I worry every second he's on the ice. I'm also not a big Daug fan.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

At 7 minutes a game, Claude obviously takes dez's view on Thornton. But I still think he played maybe the best series of his life v. Rangers and when he's with Paille and Campbell, he's a quality guy. Losing Campbell basically ended the playoffs for Shawn as a guy who can do something productive. It's sad.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You'd have to think the B's would be worried about him getting hit on his 1st shift and being out for the rest of the game. With a good tape job and some painkillers they must think he can tough it out, if not i wouldn't be playing him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I agree with you guys. If he's ready to go I'm very glad. I really like Horton. I've always been one of his supporters. 

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Horton will play tonight.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

People are free to support Thornton as a player but personally, I worry every second he's on the ice. I'm also not a big Daug fan.

[/QUOTE]

I would like to see someone in the line-up in place of Daug.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You'd have to think the B's would be worried about him getting hit on his 1st shift and being out for the rest of the game. With a good tape job and some painkillers they must think he can tough it out, if not i wouldn't be playing him.

[/QUOTE]

I have to believe he'll be targeted. There's no hiding the fact he's got a bum shoulder now. I hope it doesn't hurt the club by playing him.

Sections
Shortcuts