Horton Here'sa Why! He Went Away.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Horton Here'sa Why! He Went Away.

Sorry to hijack the thread and take it in a different direction.  In the end, doesn't really matter why Horton left, does it?  My comment was intended to be a little tongue-in-cheek.  That said, I had it confirmed by sources I trust.  For those who know me, I am hoping being a "rumor-mill" guy is not my brand. 

Happy the B's have Iginla & Eriksson, which is an upgrade over Horton & Seguin IMO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Dave24's comment:

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

[QUOTE]Proof?  That rumor has been swirling around for awhile.  I don't have video evidence or an eyewitness account, but I  have a few contacts that I trust that confirmed it.

This situation seems to be the go-to rumor when a player leaves a team unexpectedly. They said the same thing about Jeff Carter and Hartnell's wife before he was traded to Columbus.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, and that was proven to be a vicious lie when all was said and done. A guy decided he'd start the rumour just to see how quick it would spread while giving no thoughts to the lives being hurt in the process. Sadly, I know there are some folks who still think it's true.

http://articles.philly.com/2009-12-24/sports/25269112_1_rumor-carts-scott-hartnell

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Sorry to hijack the thread and take it in a different direction.  In the end, doesn't really matter why Horton left, does it?  My comment was intended to be a little tongue-in-cheek.  That said, I had it confirmed by sources I trust.  For those who know me, I am hoping being a "rumor-mill" guy is not my brand. 

Happy the B's have Iginla & Eriksson, which is an upgrade over Horton & Seguin IMO.

Agree,  the bruins have moved on with Iginla and Eriksson. I would hope we all do the same.  The only thing worth talking about is preparation for Tampa. That is where the focus should be and only.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

That's not a hijack at all Crowls. The topic was why Horton left and you floated a reason. Seems reasonable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Plus Seguin was tagging his wife.   Double-down on disrespect for poor Nathan.

A little common sense says this is entirely false.  Look at Seguin's web pages and the young women (recently girls) that he hangs out with.  Then look at Horton's wife, she is good looking, but in comparison she looks old.  And of all those young women Seguin hung out with, they all claim they're just friends and nothing is going on.

Plus, if you know a little about players lives even by the little you can gather from the 24x7 programs on NHL network, HBO and now NESN, you learn pretty quickly that there is very little free time during the season - so any liason between a player and another player's wife would be tough to sneak in.

Think about one of your co workers where you work long hours, could one of them figure out a way to have an affair with your wife without you noticing?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nope, that's not you at all, amigo.  I'll believe that a trusted source told you it's true. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

Agree,  the bruins have moved on with Iginla and Eriksson. I would hope we all do the same.  The only thing worth talking about is preparation for Tampa. That is where the focus should be and only.

I disagree.  Any hockey related subject (and many that aren't) are fine.  If all we ever discussed was the B's next (or last) game, we'd be bored silly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

I disagree.  Any hockey related subject (and many that aren't) are fine.  If all we ever discussed was the B's next (or last) game, we'd be bored silly.

[/QUOTE]

I think I still am.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Sorry to hijack the thread and take it in a different direction.  In the end, doesn't really matter why Horton left, does it?  My comment was intended to be a little tongue-in-cheek.  That said, I had it confirmed by sources I trust.  For those who know me, I am hoping being a "rumor-mill" guy is not my brand

Your comments are always welcome and needed. No apologies necessary.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

crowls - i've been told the exact same thing by someone who was in the bruins camp this pre-season. in my mind, it 100% happened. A real shame as I think it lost the bruins two players. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

crowls - i've been told the exact same thing by someone who was in the bruins camp this pre-season. in my mind, it 100% happened. A real shame as I think it lost the bruins two players. 

In my mind, it 100% didn't happen.

It doesn't make sense on about 100 different levels.

Do you have any idea of how much time these guys spend together?

And also, why didn't the Don Bruino put it into his report?  He seems to have an inside track.

Believe what you want.  I don't buy it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

[QUOTE]

And also, why didn't the Don Bruino put it into his report?  He seems to have an inside track.

[/QUOTE]

its not like i'm reading an eklund report and believing it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

And it's also not like you're hearing it from someone that witnessed it with their own eyes. I'm with BH on this in finding it hard to believe for many reasons. I'm not calling anyone a liar. I just choose not to believe it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

And it's also not like you're hearing it from someone that witnessed it with their own eyes. I'm with BH on this in finding it hard to believe for many reasons. I'm not calling anyone a liar. I just choose not to believe it.

fair enough. i heard this from a guy who is in the bruins organization. a player, not someones sister that works in fan relations. he said it 100% happened, and was 100% why horton left, and was the final straw for seguin. Believe what you will. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

fair enough. i heard this from a guy who is in the bruins organization. a player, not someones sister that works in fan relations. he said it 100% happened, and was 100% why horton left, and was the final straw for seguin. Believe what you will. 

Done and done!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Hopefully Loui and Iggy will make us forget about both guys on Thursday night.  I think they will.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Hopefully Loui and Iggy will make us forget about both guys on Thursday night.  I think they will.

I already said my goodbyes to them long ago Hang. I'm a big Eriksson fan and it's hard not to like Iginla's overall body of work. I've got nothing bad to say about Horton or Seguin but I'm very pleased with the replacements. Add Riley Smith to the list as another immediate return on the Seguin/Peverley deal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Seems to be the trendy thing now. Player gets traded, now word is he slept around with another players Trophy wife. I doubt it. I've heard/read the Hartnell/Carter, Iafrate/Pearson, Lebrons mom/West etc...Who knows.

I can confrim this though. Lane Kiffin was fired after his wife was caught in bed with Kelvana. Not sure why Lane would lose his job over it, but now it's out there and good lord is she hot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

OK.  I'll go with this for a moment.

So maybe...

Horton has an issue with Seguin sleeping with his wife, so he signs with Columbus figuring he's only going to have to keep tabs on his wife the number of times Columbus plays the Bruins.

And Bruins Management knows that Seguin is a problem so they get rid of Seguin becuase he might sleep with someone else's wife.

So now Horton only has to worry about his wife sleeping with Seguin every time Dallas plays Columbus.

OK, forget about the maybe part.

Horton is still married to her

As far as Horton's wife being a playboy model, Seguin was rumored to be with a CURRENT playboy model that I know of, not a playboy model from nearly 10 years ago.  (Note Tammy Horton was Playboy's coed of the week in 2004, she's 31).

And again, do you have any idea of how much time they spend "at work" during the season?

Do you think Seguin can skip practice or take another plane to an away game?

Answer me this question, let's say you have a pretty heavy job where you work about 60 hours a week.  And let's say you have a coworker doing the SAME hours.  And that coworker can find time and opportunity to seduce your wife?

Plus another thing that bothers me quite a bit is that there is a presumption that Horton's wife is a totally mindless bimbo that could be easily seduced.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

So maybe...

Horton has an issue with Seguin sleeping with his wife, so he signs with Columbus figuring he's only going to have to keep tabs on his wife the number of times Columbus plays the Bruins.

And Bruins Management knows that Seguin is a problem so they get rid of Seguin becuase he might sleep with someone else's wife.

So now Horton only has to worry about his wife sleeping with Seguin every time Dallas plays Columbus.

As far as Horton's wife being a playboy model, Seguin was rumored to be with a CURRENT playboy model that I know of, not a playboy model from nearly 10 years ago.  (Note Tammy Horton was Playboy's coed of the week in 2004, she's 31).

And again, do you have any idea of how much time they spend "at work" during the season?

Answer me this question, let's say you have a pretty heavy job where you work about 60 hours a week.  And let's say you have a coworker doing the SAME hours.  And that coworker can find time and opportunity to seduce your wife?

Plus another thing that bothers me quite a bit is that there is a presumption that Horton's wife is a totally mindless bimbo that could be easily seduced.

[/QUOTE]

just repeating what i heard man. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

just repeating what i heard man. 

That's cool.  You just bought some cred actually.  

Some details would be better.  Pictures or video clip would be best.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Does this also include threads started by "Rusty". Just kidding lol.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]

So maybe...

[/QUOTE]

Attempting to introduce 'logic", when discussing infidelity is ridiculous.  Believe what/who you want folks, but attempting to disprove a dalience because of work, or the fact she's 31, or the fact there are thousands of others out there, is absurd.

Ever see the dog Jesse James was playing with?  People don't do these things for tactical/academic/spiritual reasons.

It may or may not be true, however, if it's been confirmed by a key inside member of the B's....there's more probability in that scenario, than all of the opposing theory combined.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Remembering the clip of the Bs "war room" this summer, the Bs management team looked shocked at Horton leaving for Columbus.  Seguin then was quickly decided upon as trade bait, then traded.  Horton may have been shopped during the trade deadline, just maybe many more were as well.  I would not disagree with wheats on his rumor analysis.  I tend to look at that film clip and surmize Horton was a player the Bs wanted to keep.  Playoff production probably.  I never really cared about who is sleeping with whom. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

As for the Horton's wife stuff...this is hockey, not stupid girl TV.

I couldn't care less about it.  That's probably why I don't watch MTV.

Sections
Shortcuts