Horton Here'sa Why! He Went Away.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Horton Here'sa Why! He Went Away.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls. Don Bruino is going to tell you a story.

You will either like it or you won't: One or the other.  Save your comments and keep them to yourselves on this matter - I personally could not care less. If you like it - post you like it. If you don't like it - post you don't like it. That's all.

So to spruce things up before the start what will be a certain wonderful season of Bruins hockey and board posting. We're here to entertain and inform - Here is the Story:

For a fortnight, Nathan Horton was hearing murmurs, through the hockey grapevine, that he was being shopped. He had scored only 4 goals in his previous 17 games, and he had been sulking for over a week. He felt the Bruins were showing him no respect.

In the early morning of March 26, the Bruins agree to a deal that would ship out Nathan Horton. The deal was conditional on Nathan signing a long-term deal.

The deal was worked out with either Columbus Blue Jackets or Dallas Stars. I have not been able to find out which one for certain. Coming the other way from Columbus was Derek Brassard and another player. From Dallas the player was Loui Ericksson.  Another deal was already bubbling with Calgary for Jarome Iginla, his replacement.

However, since Nathan would be a free agent at year end, he decided that he would not agree to any deal. He wanted a chance at the Cup, this time from beginning to end. At the end of the campaign he would leave because of the disrespect.

The deal fell apart in less than 48 hours. Columbus went after Marian Gabor and got him; Louis Ericksson went nowhere. They missed out on Jarome, as you already know, and now PC was in scrambling mode.

He tried to pry Ericksson with a different deal - no go. Last resort, they agreed on Jaromir Jagr.

And even though none of the prior deals worked out, the Bruins almost triumphed again. Nathan went running to Columbus and Loui Ericksson found his way to Boston.

And Tyler Seguin is gone to where he can play the way he wants, score lots of points and win nothing: the rerun of the Joe Thornton story.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Horton Here'sa Why! He Went Away.

If it is in a players contract that he can choose, via a NMC/NTC, where he wants to go then so be it. The Bs have Ericksson and Iginla now and Horton has an easy drive into to work, easier press core to handle and his retirement contract. Good for him but now he is the enemy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Why are we still discussing this? Time to put it to bed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

If there's one thing that's clear to me, it's that he didn't want to be here.  Whether that's due to him feeling disprespected because the B's were trying to deal him, or something else, doesn't really matter.  Bottom line was he wanted out of Boston, just like Kessel and TT, and others before them.  It's a tough business.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Bottom line was he wanted out of Boston, just like Kessel and TT, and others before them.  It's a tough business.

Did TT want out of Boston... or just a year off?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

[QUOTE]

Bottom line was he wanted out of Boston, just like Kessel and TT, and others before them.  It's a tough business.

Did TT want out of Boston... or just a year off?

[/QUOTE]

If he really wanted to be here, I'm sure he could have worked it out with PC.  Instead, he stuck it to him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Plus Seguin was tagging his wife.   Double-down on disrespect for poor Nathan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

whaaaaaaatttt?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Interesting stuff. The only thing that confuses me, and i saw it on the first episode of Behind the B, is that Chiarelli seemed to really want Horton back, and kind of shocked he would not re-sign. Anyone else share these thoughts?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I hope you have good proof of that. Saying something like that without knowing for sure is... not nice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Interesting stuff. The only thing that confuses me, and i saw it on the first episode of Behind the B, is that Chiarelli seemed to really want Horton back, and kind of shocked he would not re-sign. Anyone else share these thoughts?

I saw that too kel, but you never know if PC was just posturing for the camera.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

[QUOTE]

I hope you have good proof of that. Saying something like that without knowing for sure is... not nice.

[/QUOTE]

Proof?  That rumor has been swirling around for awhile.  I don't have video evidence or an eyewitness account, but I  have a few contacts that I trust that confirmed it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Could be Hang, but he was on te phone with hi agent, and they didnt seem to posture when dealig with the Segun matter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Proof?  That rumor has been swirling around for awhile.  I don't have video evidence or an eyewitness account, but I  have a few contacts that I trust that confirmed it.

[/QUOTE]

I am just sensitive about stuff like that. Rumours are rumours, and that to me crosses a line. IF it is true then sure, but unless you know for certain, I'd prefer we don't post people's personal laundry.  

Smile

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Could be Hang, but he was on te phone with hi agent, and they didnt seem to posture when dealig with the Segun matter.

[/QUOTE]

I'm always leery of those behind the scenes shows kel.  You know that management always has a ton of motivation to show themselves in the best light.  It's quite possible that PC was only willing to give Horton a short, cap-friendly deal.  And if I'm NH, I might feel disrespected too, and probably would have walked given the pot of gold he got from Columbus.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

This situation seems to be the go-to rumor when a player leaves a team unexpectedly. They said the same thing about Jeff Carter and Hartnell's wife before he was traded to Columbus.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Makes a certain amount of sense to me, wheat.  Nothing crazy or inconsistent with what we've seen since. 

Are you not entertained?!?!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Makes a certain amount of sense to me, wheat.  Nothing crazy or inconsistent with what we've seen since. 

I'm not disputing it, just a little inconsistent with what we saw in regards to Chiarelli on the show.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

I am just sensitive about stuff like that. Rumours are rumours, and that to me crosses a line. IF it is true then sure, but unless you know for certain, I'd prefer we don't post people's personal laundry.  Smile[/QUOTE]

You well know what gets said on here, so you can't be sensitive on BDC. There are already a few on here who try to change subjects of threads...it's worthless.

You know what to do if the kitchen gets too hot. Don't be another who want to change this board. Roll with it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I gotta believe that if Seguin was messing with his wife Horton would have beat this snot out of him. That or another on the team would have addressed it in a very convincing way.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Even that, kel.  They were trying to move him prior to the deadline and the Gaborik/Brassard deal.  Then he had a huge playoffs right up to the finals, the Bruins had identified Seguin as the one to move, and now keeping Horton was more interesting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

I gotta believe that if Seguin was messing with his wife Horton would have beat this snot out of him. That or another on the team would have addressed it in a very convincing way.

I agree & I think it's nothing but bullkief! NO WAY....NO WAY something like that doesn't cause issues in the room! A room that has that hanging over it's head doesn't go to the SC Final & win a game when down 4-1 with 10 mins left in game 7. It's nothing but someone being a newsbag!  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Yeah that whole Seguin/Horton's wife thing seems like a nasty rumor to me too.  The kid is single, rich and good looking...he can have any single woman he wants.  Doesn't make any sense that he would choose a veteran's wife to chase around.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Yeah that whole Seguin/Horton's wife thing seems like a nasty rumor to me too.  The kid is single, rich and good looking...he can have any single woman he wants.  Doesn't make any sense that he would choose a veteran's wife to chase around.  

Yea even if she was an ex playboy bunny!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

So much for Bruin locker room harmony, eh hang? Should this be true wouldn't it prove to be a distraction?

Sections
Shortcuts