Horton injury?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Horton injury?

I've watched the replay several times and I can't see what happens... is Horton just fragile?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Horton injury?

Yes very.  And soft.  Get him outta here on the first flight at seasons end.  Great skill and can play tough.  Chooses not to and doesnt want to mess his head before signing a contract next year.  Hes got the cleanest jersey on the club.  ST has marks from the boards he runs into   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

okay, I can't tell if that is sarcasm or not... but 13 goals is 4th best on the team, who do you think will make up the difference?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

okay, I can't tell if that is sarcasm or not... but 13 goals is 4th best on the team, who do you think will make up the difference?

No. not sarcasm.  What do you think hes worth.  If its higher then 3 million i will take a pass.  hes ryder.  And the replacement is already here.  Jagr.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

And when Shawn Thornton misses a hit n rattles the boards not even John Scott would go after him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

And when Shawn Thornton misses a hit n rattles the boards not even John Scott would go after him.

Haha. You know it san dawgy. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I've watched the replay several times and I can't see what happens... is Horton just fragile?

It looked to me like fell on his wrist.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

It looked to me like fell on his wrist.

Thats what it looked like to me as well.  Along with a great, im done till playoffs.  I will show up and then sign a big contract bc ive proven im healthy.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Jagr can replace Horton next year. As long as Nathan is ready for the playoffs he can miss all the rest of the regular season games if he wants, i wouldn't care.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Jagr can replace Horton next year. As long as Nathan is ready for the playoffs he can miss all the rest of the regular season games if he wants, i wouldn't care.

To be honest i dont either.  Get back for the playoffs.  Score a lot.  Win another cup.  Then get out.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

To be honest i dont either.  Get back for the playoffs.  Score a lot.  Win another cup.  Then get out.  

That's how I envision it too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

If Nathan helps the B's win another cup by scoring big goals? I hope the B's management see's the intelligence to resign him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

I definitely wouldn't resign him for more than he is making now. If he takes a discount, maybe you can find a way to stick him on the roster somewhere, seeing as the upcoming free agency class seems weak.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Shupe, you said he's Ryder... I think this team misses Ryder... 3rd line hasn't been the same since.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Shupe, you said he's Ryder... I think this team misses Ryder... 3rd line hasn't been the same since.

I dont miss him a bit.  Kelly had a career year last year.  Peverly has stunk.  Ryder will wow you one in 10. Pass. We have lucic following into those ugly footsteps.  Ryder scored some key goals.  He frustrates you more then he pleases you.  

I wont miss horton either.  Thanks for the cup win.  resign jagr who at 41 brings it every night.  My god if he played this hard when he was the most dominant player in hockey he would be in the top 3-5 discussion.  He is an amazing talent.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

13 goals in 43 games is nothing to sneeze at.  That's a 25 goal pace in a normal regular season, which is pretty darn solid.    

St.Louis, Giroux, Datsyuk, Elias, Ribiero, Cammalleri, Eberle, Doan, Burrows, and Gallagher are all players with currently 13 goals.  You don't just rid your team of players of that caliber as they are hard to replace.    

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

13 goals in 43 games is nothing to sneeze at.  That's a 25 goal pace in a normal regular season, which is pretty darn solid.    

St.Louis, Giroux, Datsyuk, Elias, Ribiero, Cammalleri, Eberle, Doan, Burrows, and Gallagher are all players with currently 13 goals.  You don't just rid your team of players of that caliber as they are hard to replace.    

With Krejci passing and Lucic creating room, I think many players could replicate Horton's season thus far.  While it's of an extreme level, look at what Kunitz is doing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Never ever compare nathan horton to datysuk.  EVER!  

St Louis is getting up there but franchise player, same with doan, datsyuk, giroux and eberle is approaching that.   I would take every player on that list over horton in a second.  There are very few people in the world better then datsyuk. 

Jagr can and will replace horton.  Or at least i hope they make that move.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Not comparing him...some don't even play the same position....just saying they have the same amount of goals.  The puck has to get to the back of the net somehow (regardless of style of play) and Horton has done this the same amount as those other guys.   That's significant if you look at the other guys on that list---ALL guys you would probably keep on your team, right?  

I think he would have even more goals if the play of DK and Lucic were more consistent.  These guys make up one of the most inconsistent "first" lines in the NHL.  So much so that they are no longer the Bruins top unit anymore.  It is Bergeron, Marchand and Seguin

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Lucduf,

i know you are trying to use a stat to strengthen your pt.  but you cant compare one short season with overall career numbers.  Horton gets prime time minutes, has a lazer and can skate.  He is a 20-25 goal guy.  Hes also soft and disappears for long stretches.  its hard to sneeze at those goal totals but he will be replaced and i dont think there will be a drop off.  Hes frustrating bc he has the game that makes you want him to play like he did against washington every night.  

Again, those guys are franchise players you are comparing him to  Burrows is the best comparison  and that guy brings his game almost every night.  

I wont miss him.  I think hes played extremely careful this year in order to sign a big contract at seasons end.  i dont blame him.  I would likely do the same thing.  Man his wife is hot.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Shupe,

He's more of a 25-30 guy based off his career stats.  4 mill cap hit for a 25 (with the potential to hit 30)  goal scorer is pretty darn good in this NHL.  Plus, he is still only 27 years old.  He is coming off a major head injury and into a shortened season and is still on a good clip.

I do think he disappears from time-to-time but so does DK and Lucic.  But at the same time, he has a terrific shot and has that unteachable ability to finish when in close.  Guys like that are hard to come by even if they have some deficiencies in their game.     

I do think he'll become a cap casualty for the B's this offseason as other teams will probably want to pay him 5-6 million would be my guess.  Depending on who else is out there, he might be worth it for the B's at 5 million.  

We do agree that his wife is hot.    

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

With so little cap room next year and Rask to sign as well, I can't see the Bruins resigning Horton even if he is lights out in the playoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

A hot wife dosn't put pucks in the net and is proiably the reason he doesn't score as much as he should because he is destacted by other things. But all kidding aside Horts will help us in the playoffs and next year is PC's decision. I hope the B's continue to improve as a hockey team and beat the Hawks in the finals. Horts is injured and I give him credit to try and boost the B's with the fight against Iggy, he will be back before seasons end and play good.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Never ever compare nathan horton to datysuk.  EVER!  

St Louis is getting up there but franchise player, same with doan, datsyuk, giroux and eberle is approaching that.   I would take every player on that list over horton in a second.  There are very few people in the world better then datsyuk. 

Jagr can and will replace horton.  Or at least i hope they make that move.  

You won't get any player on that list for around 3 mil, which seems to be ballpark for what most think Hortons worth.  I don't disagree with anything you say about either Horton, or Ryder, but I agree with BFINJ that Ryder is missed, and so will Horton if he goes.  Both players have "hands", and this team can't subtract any of those, and be as good.  Kelly, Peverly, Paille, these kinds of players have their strengths, but you just can't subtract any "finish" from this team and be as good.  It has to be replaced.  I don't see Jagr as that replacement.(he's the replacement for Ryder that we finally got).  I don't have any problem seeing Horton go, but I'm thinking that money will only buy another guy with the same kind of rep.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

I'd take almost anyone of those players over Horton, and so would most GM's in the league. He's gotten really slow and I'm not thinking it's going to get better next year. If you had a choice of who to resign, Jagr by far. Whether either stays, we'll see. I'm sure somebody will offer them both way more than they're worth, like most UFA's.

Sections
Shortcuts