Horton injury?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Horton injury?

Getting hurt while trying to mkae a point and being a tough guy fighting Iggy - Dion Phaneuf stupid.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Never ever compare nathan horton to datysuk.  EVER!  

St Louis is getting up there but franchise player, same with doan, datsyuk, giroux and eberle is approaching that.   I would take every player on that list over horton in a second.  There are very few people in the world better then datsyuk. 

Jagr can and will replace horton.  Or at least i hope they make that move.  

You won't get any player on that list for around 3 mil, which seems to be ballpark for what most think Hortons worth.  I don't disagree with anything you say about either Horton, or Ryder, but I agree with BFINJ that Ryder is missed, and so will Horton if he goes.  Both players have "hands", and this team can't subtract any of those, and be as good.  Kelly, Peverly, Paille, these kinds of players have their strengths, but you just can't subtract any "finish" from this team and be as good.  It has to be replaced.  I don't see Jagr as that replacement.(he's the replacement for Ryder that we finally got).  I don't have any problem seeing Horton go, but I'm thinking that money will only buy another guy with the same kind of rep.  

a lot think horton will cash in at around 5 million.  If horton signs for 3 per i would have no problem signing him.  If that were the case it likely would already be done.  Hes getting north of 4 million in my opinion.  

Again, lets not blend him in with franchise all world players.  Hes not in that class.  Next ryder will be in that class as well.  When we had Ryder we still were just getting by in 1-0 type games.  Which is fine.  Bc a wins a win.  But lets not make it out that horton and ryder are guys you cant replace.  Bc thats not true.  Bergie and marchand are guys you cant replace.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Jagr can replace Horton next year. As long as Nathan is ready for the playoffs he can miss all the rest of the regular season games if he wants, i wouldn't care.

To be honest i dont either.  Get back for the playoffs.  Score a lot.  Win another cup.  Then get out.  

Yes deja vu , just like Ryder.  Can't wait for next years threads on Horton.

p.s. how long till we get to see the home discount thread for Horton ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

St Louis is getting up there but franchise player, same with doan, datsyuk, giroux and eberle is approaching that.   I would take every player on that list over horton in a second.  There are very few people in the world better then datsyuk. 

You won't get any player on that list for around 3 mil, which seems to be ballpark for what most think Hortons worth.  I don't disagree with anything you say about either Horton, or Ryder, but I agree with BFINJ that Ryder is missed, and so will Horton if he goes.  Both players have "hands", and this team can't subtract any of those, and be as good.  Kelly, Peverly, Paille, these kinds of players have their strengths, but you just can't subtract any "finish" from this team and be as good.  It has to be replaced.  I don't see Jagr as that replacement.(he's the replacement for Ryder that we finally got).  I don't have any problem seeing Horton go, but I'm thinking that money will only buy another guy with the same kind of rep.  

a lot think horton will cash in at around 5 million.  If horton signs for 3 per i would have no problem signing him.  If that were the case it likely would already be done.  Hes getting north of 4 million in my opinion.  

Again, lets not blend him in with franchise all world players.  Hes not in that class.  Next ryder will be in that class as well.  When we had Ryder we still were just getting by in 1-0 type games.  Which is fine.  Bc a wins a win.  But lets not make it out that horton and ryder are guys you cant replace.  Bc thats not true.  Bergie and marchand are guys you cant replace.  

I'm not sure there's a GM stupid enough to give him 5 million, just as I'm sure that one will prove me wrong. Maybe if he wins the Conn Smyth come playoff time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

I'm not sure there's a GM stupid enough to give him 5 million, just as I'm sure that one will prove me wrong. Maybe if he wins the Conn Smyth come playoff time.

Has Burke been hired yet?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Mxt,

i didnt think ryder would land the contract he did.  I can see dallas in the mix.   horton has a nice resume.  Constant 20 goal guy, can play physical, lethal shot, big timely playoff goals, size, speed and 27.  I just think he is lazy and soft.  I do worry about his head and i think he plays soft bc of this.  He wants his payday.  He will get it.  It just wont be in boston.  

I also see a florida or tampa as in the mix.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Mxt,

i didnt think ryder would land the contract he did.  I can see dallas in the mix.   horton has a nice resume.  Constant 20 goal guy, can play physical, lethal shot, big timely playoff goals, size, speed and 27.  I just think he is lazy and soft.  I do worry about his head and i think he plays soft bc of this.  He wants his payday.  He will get it.  It just wont be in boston.  

I also see a florida or tampa as in the mix.  

Ryder's contract makes more sense then the contract Horton will be looking for, plus he doesn't have the head issues. Horton, much like Lucic this year, reacts too slow in most phases of the game. Whether he's lazy, or just slowing down, it still should be an issue looking ahead. If he's playing like this on a contract year, I'd be afraid of what he's gonna look like locked in for the next few years. I'd pass unless it's short term and cheap...all that ain't happening.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

Nathan Horton: 2 game seven winning goals on the way to a Stanley Cup. A series of concussions that have held him back since. Doesn't take bad penalties and doesn't cough up the puck nearly as often as his linemate. Gets hurt this year dropping the gloves. 13G 9A 22PIM. Let's dump him!

Milan Lucic: Largely anonymous in the cup run, totally disappeared against the Caps last year. Regularily coughs the puck up, takes dumb penalties, hasn't dropped the gloves in how long??? Displays tons of character deciding to show effort when he gets dropped to the third line, 6G 18A 65PIM. Let's sign him long-term at 6m per!

Let's not all send in those GM applications just yet...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Onthe405's comment:

Nathan Horton: 2 game seven winning goals on the way to a Stanley Cup. A series of concussions that have held him back since. Doesn't take bad penalties and doesn't cough up the puck nearly as often as his linemate. Gets hurt this year dropping the gloves. 13G 9A 22PIM. Let's dump him!

Milan Lucic: Largely anonymous in the cup run, totally disappeared against the Caps last year. Regularily coughs the puck up, takes dumb penalties, hasn't dropped the gloves in how long??? Displays tons of character deciding to show effort when he gets dropped to the third line, 6G 18A 65PIM. Let's sign him long-term at 6m per!

good job using one year as a basis for your argument.  Lets assume you think you are right.  You believe horton has more value today then lucic?   Lucic also has double the amount of hits.   Lets run a stat list longer then one half year.  How about doing a sample of the last three.  

what do you think the bruins should give him?   There simply isnt enough money for anything that goes over 4 million.  3 million and id listen.   But his replacement is in house.  Jagr.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to Onthe405's comment:

You're pointing out the positive things Horton did two years ago. This year, a contract year no less, he's not close to that player. Looking foward, are you thinking we should sign him long term, hoping he regains that form? With a reduction in the cap? No way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Horton has played well, and he's loafed frequently. He's not worth the 4Mil Peter gave him, so let's move on. I am not a Jagr fan on this Bruins team. He still has some skills, but his only actual goal was this last one, the first was all Marchand. He did play well in philly, but he has been more of a distraction than a contributor with the Bruins. Maybe it's just that Claude has no clue as to how Jagr fits in.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

what do you think the bruins should give him?   There simply isnt enough money for anything that goes over 4 million.  3 million and id listen.   But his replacement is in house.  Jagr.  

Even that amount is questionable thanks to the retracting cap.

SanDog is right, in order for Horton or Jagr to stay someone is going to have to be moved.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

bogie I don't agree with your assessment of Jagr's play. That's all I'm going to say.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Lucduf,

i know you are trying to use a stat to strengthen your pt.  but you cant compare one short season with overall career numbers.  Horton gets prime time minutes, has a lazer and can skate.  He is a 20-25 goal guy.  Hes also soft and disappears for long stretches.  its hard to sneeze at those goal totals but he will be replaced and i dont think there will be a drop off.  Hes frustrating bc he has the game that makes you want him to play like he did against washington every night.  

Again, those guys are franchise players you are comparing him to  Burrows is the best comparison  and that guy brings his game almost every night.  

I wont miss him.  I think hes played extremely careful this year in order to sign a big contract at seasons end.  i dont blame him.  I would likely do the same thing.  Man his wife is hot.  

Big play-off? Resign. An ok play-off? Seeya! I really think that Soderberg is the question mark on whether Horts comes back. I think if Jagr wants to play some more. PC resigns him for 2 more. As far as Horton's wife? I dunno how true it is, but most ex play-boy bunnies are HOT! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Horton has played well, and he's loafed frequently. He's not worth the 4Mil Peter gave him, so let's move on. I am not a Jagr fan on this Bruins team. He still has some skills, but his only actual goal was this last one, the first was all Marchand. He did play well in philly, but he has been more of a distraction than a contributor with the Bruins. Maybe it's just that Claude has no clue as to how Jagr fits in.

MAking 5hese kinds of comments shows you have no clue!!! The B's puck possession has improved I bet by 20% sinc3 Jagr has been a Bruin! The pp hasnt improved that much yet, but theyve gotten a heck of a lot more looks! Jagr wasn't brought here to just score you dolt! If you thought that then it's no wonder u speak so foolish! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Horton has something that no other NHL players has....he can scores some very big goals at the right moment ...dont ask me why but he does that...and when he really wants to play ..he can bring a lot to the Bruins....lets see what he does in the playoffs and lets see if the Bruins can win another Stanley Cup with Nathan in the line up....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I know that, and i've not suggested otherwise.  I'm saying he is one of the few B's who has "finish".  Ryder had that quality too, and it's somewhat a rarity on this team.  That "finish" cannot go unreplaced in my opinion.  If you can't afford "all world", and the b's can't...you get guys like Horton.

This team is averaging 2.79 goals per game this season.  Last year, it was almost 3.28.  1/2 goal per game is huge.  This group can't just delete players with offensive upside.  They must be replaced.  You can only be so good defensively, and they're close to topping out there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I know that, and i've not suggested otherwise.  I'm saying he is one of the few B's who has "finish".  Ryder had that quality too, and it's somewhat a rarity on this team.  That "finish" cannot go unreplaced in my opinion.  If you can't afford "all world", and the b's can't...you get guys like Horton.

This team is averaging 2.79 goals per game this season.  Last year, it was almost 3.28.  1/2 goal per game is huge.  This group can't just delete players with offensive upside.  They must be replaced.  You can only be so good defensively, and they're close to topping out there.

Ryder will become free agent after this season..it wouldnt be a bad idea to bring him back in Boston...where he belongs...

19. This post has been removed.