Horton is just a goal scorer, period.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Horton is just a goal scorer, period.

I still smile when I think of the huge goals he scored en route to the Cup in 2011.  It's amazing that he can still do it after his injury.  What a great story.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Horton is just a goal scorer, period.

Timely goals, too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

yep Nathan scores so many big goals ..unreal ! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

So far, I've loved what I've seen from him this year. In fact, the entire line of Lucic-Krejic-Horton has been impressive.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Agree and they need another one. Tonight game reminded of how the Bruins lost to the Caps last year in the playoffs. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Agree with you, B's Legion...if Krejci would be traded for a sniper, Seguin could play center and we would gain offensive power...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I think Lucic is the bigger key to that line. Lucic is as good a passer as he is a goal scorer. Im not saying the long pretty passes, but more the simple or grind it out little pass that gets plays going. He even has nice passes in the offensive zone. I just dont think many people notice that part of his game, because they just dont look at him that way. But he's more of an all around player that many might not give him credit for.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

He's always hovering, so to speak. He has a good feel of where to be positioned.

This is a real good way of putting it, that's how I feel about it.

Wow only took what ? 6 or 7 games before we started seeing suggestions of trading Krejci lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

He's always hovering, so to speak. He has a good feel of where to be positioned.

This is a real good way of putting it, that's how I feel about it.

Wow only took what ? 6 or 7 games before we started seeing suggestions of trading Krejci lol

This because Krejci has a very good value on the market and we could get an interesting player formhim..not saying I would trade Krejci cause I really like him but if we could get a real ggod sniper for him ...why not listen.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

This because Krejci has a very good value on the market and we could get an interesting player formhim..not saying I would trade Krejci cause I really like him but if we could get a real ggod sniper for him ...why not listen.....

Who's going to pass the puck to this new sniper Bourque ?

The Bruins have not lost in regulation to start the season and you want PC to entertain options of trading the organizations best playmaker ? This is what eventually got MOC fired.

facepalm

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Who's going to pass the puck to this new sniper Bourque ?

The Bruins have not lost in regulation to start the season and you want PC to entertain options of trading the organizations best playmaker ? This is what eventually got MOC fired.

facepalm

Ridiculous! To be talking about trading anyone after a 5-0-1 start. The other thing is Neither Lucic, or Horton have the greatest speed. DK as Jack nicknamed him the Matrix, because he slows the play down & it helps L & H be able to make plays, join the rush late (like last nite). How do we know if whomever the Bruins get for DK? They'll have the same kind of chemistry? So, I don't get this stupid talk of breaking up your 1b line when they're winning hockey games. The other thing is that right now they're winning with only 3 lines providing the offense. The 3rd ine is doing nothing as far as putting points up on the board. You want to break up one of the lines (the 1b line) why? Dumbest thing I ever heard!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I was talking about it throughout the lockout.  I have since changed my mind.  Krejci to me looks far better this season then I remember him last season.  I have been very impressed by the whole line.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to Remi72's comment:

Agree with you, B's Legion...if Krejci would be traded for a sniper, Seguin could play center and we would gain offensive power...

What, like Kessel? 

LMFAO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I still smile when I think of the huge goals he scored en route to the Cup in 2011.  It's amazing that he can still do it after his injury.  What a great story.

We should nickname him " Horton the Clutch."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

What, like Kessel? 

LMFAO.

What is up with Kessel, the Bruins 4th line players all scored goals before Kessel. I will not mock Kessel those days are over with. I been listening to the Toronto fans and radio stations they are all going on the band wagon about Kessel. Kessel thought it was tough  playing with Boston media, Toronto media/fans will be tougher on him if this keeps up.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:

What, like Kessel? 

LMFAO.

What is up with Kessel, the Bruins 4th line players all scored goals before Kessel. I will not mock Kessel those days are over with. I been listening to the Toronto fans and radio stations they are all going on the band wagon about Kessel. Kessel thought it was tough  playing with Boston media, Toronto media/fans will be tougher on him if this keeps up.

He's just in one of his patented dry stretches. I am sure he will come around and score a ton of goals, then disappear again, and miss the playoffs......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

That line is one of the best in East right now. I would not touch it.  In fact, I'd put the top 2 lines up against any in the NHL.

Rock, I agree completely. Nothing wrong with trying to improve in other areas (LW 3rd line) but those top 2 lines need to be left alone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to boborielly224's comment:

What, like Kessel? 

LMFAO.

He's just in one of his patented dry stretches. I am sure he will come around and score a ton of goals, then disappear again, and miss the playoffs......

Exactly. He'll get his as he always has, and always did in Boston or Toronto. I am no huge fan, but there is one simple fact. He scores goals. He averaged 34 goals a year over the past 4 years. Not bad by anybody's standard. He still doesn't play much in his end, but his play making has gotten much better.

His goal totals beat the heck out of Horton.  I'm just saying.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Right now he's the only center that is clicking and so is his line. 

Bergeron and Seguin might have tore it up in the Swiss league but they're really struggling. I see Seguin turning it on and at least Bergeron wins faceoffs.  Marchand is playing very well.

Pev and Kelly ..... no comment.

4th line not bad if only they don;t scored on as much.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Exactly. He'll get his as he always has, and always did in Boston or Toronto. I am no huge fan, but there is one simple fact. He scores goals. He averaged 34 goals a year over the past 4 years. Not bad by anybody's standard. He still doesn't play much in his end, but his play making has gotten much better.

Perhaps, but until Kessel actually scores a series winning goal in the playoffs I would chose Horton over him any day of the week....:)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Perhaps, but until Kessel actually scores a series winning goal in the playoffs I would chose Horton over him any day of the week....:)

It really is the dicotomy of Phil isn't it. 2 Equal but different parts. A guy that can light it up, but ultimately, doesn't make his team better. Since I live here in Leafland, I get to see and hear all about the Leafs. This is a bad team, and Phil doesn't make them any better.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

It really is the dicotomy of Phil isn't it. 2 Equal but different parts. A guy that can light it up, but ultimately, doesn't make his team better. Since I live here in Leafland, I get to see and hear all about the Leafs. This is a bad team, and Phil doesn't make them any better.  

That's right. There have been more than a few goalscorers that are really just complementary players and he is one of them. No disrespect to Phil (ok maybe a little) but he is just not a franchise kind of guy no matter how much the media has tried to pump him up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ah the conumdrum, Krejci or Horton before the next Cap crises.  Nope, I am staying the course of "let it be".  Seguin is a center, but until he can score on a consistent basis this year let us just drop the Krejci trade talk.  A money crunch is undeniable yet the logical choice to dump salary next year will come along in the months ahead.  I more inclined to be reticent and enjoy the winning while it is so apparent.  Go Bs.  

Sections
Shortcuts