Horton leaving

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Horton leaving

Pierre LeBrun reporting on ESPN that Horton wants to try free agency. Really Horton?? Ok...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: Horton leaving

Going to miss him,inconsistent during regular season,but turned it up for play offs,wasn't the same after game one when he wrecked his shoulder,don't know who Bruins will replace him with on  first line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I'm guessing that the term of the contract may have been the problem.

Chiarelli may not have wanted anything more than 3 or 4 years, and Horton is probably looking for 6 to 8 years.

I think he is to big a risk to sign long-term, but you know that some GM will give him what he wants.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Gonna suck seeing smiles leave..............Go get em Horts! wherever you go just dont score against the Bruins please................

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

I'm guessing that the term of the contract may have been the problem.

Chiarelli may not have wanted anything more than 3 or 4 years, and Horton is probably looking for 6 to 8 years.

I think he is to big a risk to sign long-term, but you know that some GM will give him what he wants.

An educated guess and I would add Horton probably wants more per year as well. He will get it on the open market for sure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

As much as I've liked him as a Bruin, he's become injury prone. Between concussions and his chronic shoulder issues, he's not been as effective as his earlier days with the Bruins, though he sure seems to pick it up come playoff time!

Good luck Horty!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

This could very well be Horton's Mr's. Saying she wants to leave too. Maybe she's been offered a modeling job in LA & I doubt LA wants Penner back. I think people forget that the wives have a lot of say of what happens to a family move. It's not always the players choice.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

For a guy his size, I expected him to be tougher. Yes he had injuries but at times he reminder me of Ryder .Just gliding out there. Not sure I'll miss him too much....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I find it odd that the agent has gone out of his way to say it's not a financial decision.  If it isn't for money, what could it be?  The problem certainly can't be a lack of success or playing time or opportunity to shine.

Not to be all Commie on this place, but I wonder if there is a major personality conflict involved.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Good luck without Krejci, Horton will never be as productive again. How many tap in goals can you remember that Horty has been on the end of? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFLhuI9t2RU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYDWvGFHGkI

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Can't blame Horton for wanting to cash in as a UFA. With his injury history who knows whether the next hit he takes may be his last.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

A little off topic but someone suggested PC offer Clarkson the $4 million/year contract rejected by Horton.

Anyone think this is viable or even desirable?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

A little off topic but someone suggested PC offer Clarkson the $4 million/year contract rejected by Horton.

Anyone think this is viable or even desirable?

Clarkson will get more.... Believe it or not.... $5m per /$35m....I think this is probably what Horton was looking for....I think one of these two ends up in Toronto... Horton is a hometown kid...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Very likely, very likely. Too bad, I would love him on this team.

However, it is a buyers market this offseason and with the likes of Horton, Vinny L and Clowe perhaps he may go for less?

Just trying to be optimistic....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Very likely, very likely. Too bad, I would love him on this team.

However, it is a buyers market this offseason and with the likes of Horton, Vinny L and Clowe perhaps he may go for less?

Just trying to be optimistic....

Just read this quote from Horton's agent.... Interesting......I know that most fans don't know what goes on behind closed doors.... Wasn't Horton happy in Boston?  What drove him to want out? Always seemed he liked playing in Boston...

Nathan has told the Bruins he wants to explore free agency. It's not a financial issue, just a decision to move on," Horton's agent Paul Krepelka told TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I find it odd that the agent has gone out of his way to say it's not a financial decision.  If it isn't for money, what could it be?  The problem certainly can't be a lack of success or playing time or opportunity to shine.

Not to be all Commie on this place, but I wonder if there is a major personality conflict involved.

Keep up, Cowboys.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Just read this quote from Horton's agent.... Interesting......I know that most fans don't know what goes on behind closed doors.... Wasn't Horton happy in Boston?  What drove him to want out? Always seemed he liked playing in Boston...

Nathan has told the Bruins he wants to explore free agency. It's not a financial issue, just a decision to move on," Horton's agent Paul Krepelka told TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie.

Yep, it seems kind of odd, if his agent is not just blowing smoke that is. My initial thought was "of course it is about money." He has been playing on the first line of one of the top teams in the league so it is not about playing time or winning. The B's simply can't pay him what others can due to cap constraints. This to me suggests that it is about money. I have no problem with this.

If there are any behind the scenes issues we will not be privy to them so it is impossible to speculate although more light may be shed when he signs his next deal (where and how much).

Time for someone to step up in his place because there is no cavalry coming on the horizon...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to bosbruins2011cup's comment:

I don't fault any player for getting paid the most they can get its about money so the agent and horton don't need to bs about it no hard feelings from me towards him.

Me neither. Sounds to me that the agent is just playing it nice. Not the worst strategy.

I just hope he doesn't end up in TO or Canadian B's fans will neve rhear the end of it....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

You got to play in two playoffs and went to the final in both. You go hurt in both, what a shame, At least you were part of a cup winner.

But, like you say, it's time to move on. The finals are painful for you. I guess you don't want to see another final again.

Good luck too you, Nathan. By the way, we're the Hawk's 2 goals in 17 seconds great? You had the perfect view! The only thing you were missing was a chair.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Al-Samarraie's comment:

Pierre LeBrun reporting on ESPN that Horton wants to try free agency. Really Horton?? Ok...

Why is it that teams like Pittsburg go out and sign big money players and every year Bruins have to get under cap and let guys go and try to find cheap replacements. Do they overpay the average player.I understand boston did a number on Pittsburg but the money issue like guys like Crosby and company... How do they manage and bruins have to each year let players walk.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

You got to play in two playoffs and went to the final in both. You go hurt in both, what a shame, At least you were part of a cup winner.

But, like you say, it's time to move on. The finals are painful for you. I guess you don't want to see another final again.

Good luck too you, Nathan. By the way, we're the Hawk's 2 goals in 17 seconds great? You had the perfect view! The only thing you were missing was a chair.

I see him going to a contender.  Im thinking san jose.  Possibly to the avs.  ultimately the team i see him with is tbay.  His wife is from florida. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Horton's agent is Paul Krepelka, an Arlington HS kid, who was a really good d-man in his day.  Also, think he still a part of the Bobby Orr Group, so like to think there isn't anything nefariuos behind the comment: "Nathan has told the Bruins he wants to explore free agency. It's not a financial issue, just a decision to move on."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

In response to Al-Samarraie's comment:

[QUOTE]

Why is it that teams like Pittsburg go out and sign big money players and every year Bruins have to get under cap and let guys go and try to find cheap replacements. Do they overpay the average player.I understand boston did a number on Pittsburg but the money issue like guys like Crosby and company... How do they manage and bruins have to each year let players walk.

[/QUOTE]

I can't tell you how many times I've asked myself that very same question.. I think you're on to something when you say we overpay for average players, or rather we have more "decent" players instead of 4-5 "great" players, All in line with the Bruins balanced philosophy,