Horton Looking For a "Quieter, Non-Traditional Market."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Horton Looking For a "Quieter, Non-Traditional Market."

In the words of Lebrun:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426856

I guess we were to hard on him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Horton Looking For a

Well there goes my Toronto guess - or any Canadian or Original six team, and Philly and Pitts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Tbay.  Hello. Vinny out horton in.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up back in Florida or even Raleigh, Red.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

is Columbus "quiet" enough?....  how about Nashville?....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Carolina is a good guess. I'm told the arena is awesome. Players love it there. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Just strange.  Maybe Horton doesn't really have the competitive fire, but at the same time his relative calm indifference allows for clutch play in big games.  He came up big when the Bruins needed him but I guess he didn't really enjoy being in a big intense market.  Oh well.  He can find 'small' markets in a lot of places, but for 'quiet' markets I think he'll have to head south.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Just strange.  Maybe Horton doesn't really have the competitive fire, but at the same time his relative calm indifference allows for clutch play in big games.  He came up big when the Bruins needed him but I guess he didn't really enjoy being in a big intense market.  Oh well.  He can find 'small' markets in a lot of places, but for 'quiet' markets I think he'll have to head south.

Yeah, you can't get much smaller than Edmonton and Winnipeg, but they sure as hell aren't quiet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Carolina is a good guess. I'm told the arena is awesome. Players love it there. [/QUOTE]

Pretty area, cost of living inexpensive, winters are mild, great golf and houses are not very high, won't dent your wallet. Aaron Ward has always had good things to say about the area and organization.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

A market that will ignore him during reg season? 

ending threads since '07

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Probably wants to be closer to a year round beach community so he and his wife can enjoy the sun.  Can't blame him...  He probably misses Florida.  Arizona or Anaheim might be some other year round sunshine destinations.  Carolina is cheap but a miserable place to live unless you are on the coast.  Raleigh is not close to the coast by New England standards.

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to red75's comment:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Just strange.  Maybe Horton doesn't really have the competitive fire, but at the same time his relative calm indifference allows for clutch play in big games.  He came up big when the Bruins needed him but I guess he didn't really enjoy being in a big intense market.  Oh well.  He can find 'small' markets in a lot of places, but for 'quiet' markets I think he'll have to head south.

Yeah, you can't get much smaller than Edmonton and Winnipeg, but they sure as hell aren't quiet.

That's what I mean.  Edmonton seems like a plausible destination for him and it's a smaller market, but I'm thinking the fan and media scrutiny is a good deal worse than Boston.  Small and quiet to me means Phoenix, Nashville, Carolina, Florida, and Tampa.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Factor in that these long post-seasons are killing him.  He's used to having May-October off.  Working an additional two months for a piddly playoff bonus?  Suckers.

I think the final verdict on NaHo when all is done and he's free to relax wherever he wants will be that it's amazing how a guy with no heartbeat managed, over the course of three years, to turn in two amazing playoff performances.  He's the ultimate John Druce.

Are you not entertained?!?!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In the words of Lebrun:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426856

I guess we were to hard on him?

I guess we'll see in a few days if Lebrun was right.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Come on down!  No one cares about hockey here!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

When I read this, I sent off an email to a pretty good contact in the Panthers organization.  It was suggesting that Horton isn't a good fit and Florida should look elsewhere.

The response:  "Don't worry."

I'd put that at 99.99% reliable.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Come on down!  No one cares about hockey here!

So true. I remember a family vacation in Orlando 2011 during the Bruins / TB series... I had to go WAY out of my way to even find a local bar that would put the games on for me and none of the locals knew they had a team still in it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Factor in that these long post-seasons are killing him.  He's used to having May-October off.  Working an additional two months for a piddly playoff bonus?  Suckers.

I think the final verdict on NaHo when all is done and he's free to relax wherever he wants will be that it's amazing how a guy with no heartbeat managed, over the course of three years, to turn in two amazing playoff performances.  He's the ultimate John Druce.

Are you not entertained?!?!

Yeah Book, I think it's still just Horton and Bergeron with multiple game 7 winning goals. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Raleigh an excellent place to live. Who cares if it's not near a beach?

Anyway - maybe he wants a quieter place because loud noises give him headaches.

Best of luck Nathan. You were a good player here. Thanks for a handful of clutch goals, and for tapping in junk handed to you by Krejci and Lucic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

As part of his new deal, Nathan should lobby for a chaise lounger that could be set up in the neutral zone during his shifts.

That way he can sleep through the regular season, instead of slumbering.

He'll be nice and fresh for the playoffs, if his new club makes it. There's the catch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Guy got/earned his ring.  He wants to land in a situation that works better for him and his family, I have no issue with it.  He earned his UFA status.  Good luck, Nathan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Guy got/earned his ring.  He wants to land in a situation that works better for him and his family, I have no issue with it.  He earned his UFA status.  Good luck, Nathan.

I couldn't agree more Crowls. Well stated. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I agree, Crowls.  I have nothing but good memories of him in a B's jersey.  I'm sure we could pick apart the stats and find somethings to spotlight, but why bother.  They guy played hard, fought, scored big goals and won the Cup. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Don't get me wrong. I want all the best for Nathan.

I think he realizes his career is over and wants to cash in. He's had shoulder problems since day one in the NHL. Now add in concussion issues and him wanting a quiet environment - and I understand it perfectly.

What the new team is going to get is what the Bruins got during the regular season. Nathan doesn't want the scrutiny and the fan and media backlash that comes with it in a hockey market. I understand that, too.

Nathan wants to cash cheques in anonymity.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Pretty disappointed to hear that Horton is really just in it for the money and the lifestyle. He blew hot and cold in Boston and turned in some good play off performances but in the end the Bs never won a Stanley Cup Final with him in the lineup.

Sections
Shortcuts