Horton Post Count?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

Horton Post Count?

Is it worthy of a thread...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Horton Post Count?

or how many times does he misses the net by an inch or two ...  It's just the way he shoots, aiming away from the goalie as much as possible looking for the shot the keeper can't reach.  Snipe.
    You won't see many shots into the chest of the opposing goalie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

Im almost sure he hit atleast two or three at the beginning of his 7 game pointless skid... but like you said.. its post, snipe or wide. No rebounds are coming back from his shots.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I think he's 3 posts in his last 3 games.  It's fair to say he can get one a night and/or scores instead.
    All I know that line is starting to click again with Lucic maybe being the best Bruin on the ice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'll just say I'm much happier with that than the Sturm or Ryder wide or high and usually wide AND high that we saw last year.

Reason why we haven't seen it from Ryder this year is because he has Seguin to prop him up.

Reason why we haven't seen it from Sturm is because he's in the press box.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Horton Post Count?:
    [QUOTE]I'll just say I'm much happier with that than the Sturm or Ryder wide or high and usually wide AND high that we saw last year. Reason why we haven't seen it from Ryder this year is because he has Seguin to prop him up. Reason why we haven't seen it from Sturm is because he's in the press box.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

There are some similarities between Ryder and Horton. Now don't all jump on me, let me explain.  For sure Horton is a better skater but he and Ryder are both shooters, snipers. Horton is just better than Ryder at it ,  frees himself up faster due to his stronger foot speed and his accuracy is a tad better .
    It's the same reasons why Ryder misses the net more often than he hits the goalie in the chest with his shot.  Like I've mentioned above they're going for the far corners , inside the post and will hit the posts frequently.

BadHab, when you're on your rink alone shooting at the net what do you for ?
    It's the same for snipers,  tey'll spend an hour pacing pucks , tucking them under the cross bar.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

It's almost a shame the KHL line has been effective enough that it won't be messed with (barring injuries or inexplicable slumps).  Horton has a great sense for getting to open ice in scoring position (witness his goal last night).  Savard throws blind passes to open ice where someone would have a good scoring chance... if they were there.  Seems like it would be a perfect match.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Dr.CC IMO you have a good thought.Savvy with Lucic and Horton might just be an important change. It will give Horton more incentive to shake off the Claude mandated restrictions, which is why Claude did not like Kessel,and Horton does check and plays tough. Looch would be a protector for Savard. Kreji with Seguin and Ryder/Wheeler or Recchi could also work, but that leaves Bergeron with the left-overs unless some trades are made. IMO Arneil and Caron with Bergeron would be a better solution. Then Peter can send Wheeler and/or Ryder or both for draft picks or a defenseman

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

I agree with Legion, players like Horton and Ryder are aiming for spots to beat the goalie, thats why they hit so many posts or put the shot a tad wide sometimes. Both have a great shot!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

If Horton doesn't hit a post it means he isn't shooting enough.

More shots - more posts - more goals - they go hand in hand in hand.