Horton Set Back = Trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Horton Set Back = Trade?

Does PC need to change his thinking in regards to the trade deadline?  He has said publicly that he would like to add a depth forward and depth defenseman without subtracting from the current line up.  With questions surrounding Horton's health, will PC now look to the Ducks for one of their big guns or for another top 6 forward?  I say yes, Horton even when in the line up, admittedly said he wasn't the same.  That hit by Rome was still affecting him and similar to Crosby, an additional hit by Sestito is sidelining him.  I don't think he will be back this season.  Therefore, I feel that PC will have to aquire a top line scorer.  How he does it, I don't know, but that is why he gets paid the big bucks.  I know that my next comment will not be popular, but the B's need to strike while they still have TT in net.  I am not convinced that Tuukkaa is ever going to be able to be carry this team to the cup.  I am not saying this because he is winless in his last 4, I have said it previously as well.  I know I am speculating on Horton, but what if he doesn't come back as I am predicting?  Do you believe the B's can repeat with the current squad and a couple of depth guys?  I don't.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Horton Set Back = Trade?

I don't believe any of the Ducks big three will be available until the summer at the earliest. That being said i'm sure they would listen if the B's were offering Lucic or Bergeron or Seguin. If the B's are willing to part with one of them,the Ducks might listen. I don't think the B's are willing to part with one of those players,so the next question is , who do they go after ? You're guess is as good as anyone's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Hamill for a bucket of practice pucks

Acquire Ray Whitney for Kampfer and a 3rd
    Acquire Ryan Suter for Koko and a 1st

Chara/Seids
    Suter/Boychuk
    McQuaid Ference
    Corvo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Re: Horton Set Back = Trade?:
    [QUOTE]Acquire Ryan Suter for Koko and a 1st
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]
    Probably worse than the Kaberle trade.  Chiarelli wouldn't make that mistake again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

It would take a lot more than Koko and a first rounder to get Suter.  He's an elite D-Man

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]It would take a lot more than Koko and a first rounder to get Suter.  He's an elite D-Man
    Posted by DaveyN[/QUOTE]
    Waaaaaaayyyyyy more.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

I agree its probably time to shut down Horton for the year. I dont really like any person being rumored to maybe being on the move come trade deadline above what we allready have. So if its lets take a flyer on Penner and his albatros of a contract or Carter and his as well... I'll pass. The Anahiem players havent showed up to play for thier current team this year, so why would that effort change any in Boston? I would look for someone who still brings an effort each night even for a bad team ... Eric Staal would probably be my target as I see Carolina building around Skinner and Sutter and i think Hamilton would fit in nicely with that core to build around for them, would be a win, win for both teams. Bruins take another serious run at a cup with a proven playoff player and Carolina gets a top rated prospect on the defense to build with.

My second one would be Rask as the main piece (I know many will call me crazy, but not so much after reading his interview with a finnish magazine this week, to quote him "I dont want to play as a back up for my career and it  seem's  like no matter what i do its not good enough for Claude. I can get a shutout and I still dont play the next game") to Columbus for Nash.

If you cant get something like this done then a small trade would be Hal Gill, he has proven since leaving Boston that he can handle a long playoff push and he blocks alot of shots = key to killing penalties. Give me Gill over Corvo in the playoffs any day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

no to all of this, krazyjoe, and meane

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

The comment Rask made was stupid. Ya Noone likes to sit the pine, but Rask your 24 and have many years left to play. TT on the other hand does not. Take in the experience, enjoy the time you get to play and suck it up. Your time will come. TT is still the No 1 keeper and that wont change unless he gets hurt. So its not so much that Rask is doing anything wrong, but TT is the man right now. You either accept it or ask to be traded. And within a year or two. TT will not be starting, Unless he just keeps playing out of this world, into his 40's. It could happen. But if Rask is gonna start whining about not being the starter, then get rid of him.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]THis stinks for Horton.  Gotta take the worst case scenario and not expect him to be anywhere close to shape until next season. Get Ray Whitney.  Covers two needs: the vet leadership and a right handed shot that is still putting goals in the net.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

I agree. I think Whitney would be a great fit. He may cost us, but I really think he would be a great addition and worth the cost to make a playoff run.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

is whitney any better than peverley?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

They won a Cup last year without superstars.  That's their model.  I don't expect PC to go after a big name, but he'll get someone if Horton is out long-term.  He's not going to upset the apple cart too much though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

Knuble-anything left in the tank? Washington is still in the mix so I guess they are still a buyer not seller .. . but . .just throwin' it out there

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's best to just put Horton on LTIR now and get it over with because one hit to the shoulder like the Sestito hit could trigger another setback why waste the money.

http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.php?year_id=2012&team_id=-1&position_id=F&fa_type_id=2

Slim pickings for expiring contracts and PC would have to be careful with whatever long term contracts he picks up because the summer of 2013 is even more important than this coming summer for UFAs n RFAs. With both Horton and Savard's LTIR room it's $16M (prorated) that can be brought in at the deadline.

drum roll please...It's E-Harmony time! Da da da ta da ta da ta...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The only comments I agree with are that Horton could be on LTIR. The so-called elite trade comments are less than smart moves. Tuuka is the goalie of the future, and would show his capabilities moreso if Claude wouls play him more, and Peter would find that elusive Experienced Defenseman. Claude's "punishment" has not stimulated Kreji which probably indicates a generational gap. This Bruins team needs Kreji skating with two guys [ Looch and Horton] who can finish off his passes. With Horton on the shelf, The Bruins need to find another scorer. No Knock on Peverly as he is playing with an injury [Groin?] that has limited his explosiveness. If Peter finds his D, then he needs to look to Providence [Camper/Arneil] or some other Ahl scorer that he can acquire.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Rask is the future in net he's going nowhere. Picking up Ray Whitney would be perfect but I feel the cost will be to high for Peters liking.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Yes, a trade is coming.  I would not be surprised to see it come very soon.  Expect Kampfer and a high pick to go back. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Whitney and Phx. are in the playoff hunt so i doubt that will be an a option.
    Far shot is St. Louis for veteran player cause looks like TB will be sellers soon and Yzerman is looking for a d man and will be a young d man either be Boychuk or Kamfer and probably a conditional pick or good prospect spooner knight sauve etc.
    Stevie Y is looking at goalies also and Rask would be the ideal thing that Yzerman wants but the Bruins will not give up on Rask for a rental.

The Bruins and Martin deal will be an interesting negotiation.The other big gamble will be Hemsky and the Bruins are good trading partners with Edm.
    The Bruins should go for a RW top six forward who can still add speed, i am not sure who is avail. in this category.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

I like the St. Louis idea, but I think he is a Tampa lifer...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Let's not forget last year around this time we got Chris Kelly, Rich Peverley and Thomas Kaberle to help us get that spark for the playoff run. 

Expect the same thing this year.  It will cost us Jordan Caron I'm afraid. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

So what your saying is Caron is being show cased right now?

Sections
Shortcuts