Horton should get a game for that sucker punch!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Re: Horton should get a game for that sucker punch!

the precedent has been set, that doesn't get you a suspension....remember the carolina series a couple years ago? you probably don't...scott walker dropped his glove and threw a sucker punch...no suspension 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

what bothers me is that where was that fight during the game.  And when Bergie comes back don't ya think Downie takes notes and becomes a weasel and does the same thing to Bergie like Carcillo did to Savy.

Lucic has been doing this far too often.  I personally love a good tilt.  But to sucker their young dman.  Imagine someone doing that to Seguin. 

But someone in this mass collection will say its hockey and they deserved it.  Yeah sure they did.  They handed us our lunch and they were mad with 50 secs left in the game.  Save it for the next game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

I wonder why Vinny did not get a bit of time in the sin bin for what he did to Boychuk? That's hockey too? Messages are sent all the time...I think Hort's and Luc will be more physically involved in the next game. Mark my words.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Horton should get a game for that sucker punch!:
    what bothers me is that where was that fight during the game.  And when Bergie comes back don't ya think Downie takes notes and becomes a weasel and does the same thing to Bergie like Carcillo did to Savy. Lucic has been doing this far too often.  I personally love a good tilt.  But to sucker their young dman.  Imagine someone doing that to Seguin.  But someone in this mass collection will say its hockey and they deserved it.  Yeah sure they did.  They handed us our lunch and they were mad with 50 secs left in the game.  Save it for the next game.
    Posted by shuperman

Shupe, Lucic came in with his gloves obviously high but it wasn't even a punch. I'm not saying Hedman deserved any of that treatment but he embellished a bit after(he was laughing about it on the bench). I think the refs handled it correctly and hope we don't see anymore of it in the series. If anything, T-Bay played an exceptionally clean game for playoff hockey and, other than that incident,so did Boston.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You should get back to your Bingo group.  You might get suspended if you sucker punch Eunice there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

what bothers me is that where was that fight during the game.  And when Bergie comes back don't ya think Downie takes notes and becomes a weasel and does the same thing to Bergie like Carcillo did to Savy. Lucic has been doing this far too often.  I personally love a good tilt.  But to sucker their young dman.  Imagine someone doing that to Seguin.  But someone in this mass collection will say its hockey and they deserved it.  Yeah sure they did.  They handed us our lunch and they were mad with 50 secs left in the game.  Save it for the next game.
    Posted by shuperman

Well said, when your getting beat and you start that with 50 seconds left or whatever you look like idiots. Lucic should be more concerned with hitting the back of the net, or just hitting the net, that would be a start.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Horton should get a game for that sucker punch! : iF someone suckers Bergy like that then  the Cup is on the back burner as far as I am concerned, it's lights out full tilt revenge at any cost, Lecav, and all their snipers are marked men! This is what I mean, you can't let a punch like that go unnoticed, Horton's man had no idea Horton was ready to unload on him with a full weight shift punch.
    Posted by readsocks

I saw Lucic crank Hedman.  Who did Horton punch?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Malone

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Ya Readsocks go watch some baseball!
    You don't understand hockey, they were sending a message
    trying to intimidate for the rest of the series, trying to gain an edge
    That was a two min. penalty
    You call yourself a B's fan?????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dez,

He hammered him.  And he had no idea it was coming.  He knew what he was doing.  I am not gonna bash on him b.c its the playoffs.  Laughing on the bench like PK and Halpren and whoever?  Whats he supposed to do, cry? Its a natural instinct to smile in stressful situations.  He had his bell rung.  You see guys get knocked out cold in a fight and are smiling a second later
     I am just tired of everyone screaming when another team does it.  We have a season long history of this.  we are not a clean team.  we arent a dirty team.  But a sucker punch is a sucker punch. 
    When Iggy was fighting on their cup run it was to insire his group.  Lucic is supposed to be a leader.  Who does this inspire?  Was it to rev his below avg game up for game 2? 
    I just don't wanna hear people complain when Downie does it to one of our guys.  You know he is going to.  Wait and see if he doesnt tag Bergie when he comes back.  He is a wolf in sheeps clothing.  And he is a master at it. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NAS hasnt lost his credibilty.  He is basically calling me a skirt as well.  Which is fine.  I just don't wanna hear the pi$$ing and moaning when they light one of our guys up. 
    Sending a message?  What message.  That he didnt crack an egg in his pants all game and wanted to make the score sheet.  I would have had more respect if he would have hit him with a check during the game.  Sending a message.  message was sent alright. A mental note to take free liberties on Bergie when he enters our lineup. 
    doing that during a game like that sends no message.  it screams of an immature player...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Horton should get a game for that sucker punch! : I am all for sending a message, and I have been in many many games that carried  "messages", that punch wasn't a message, it was intent to injure! and yes I am the biggest Bruins fan one can be, a fan through and through, and a Horton fan, but damm, that was  a ridiculous punch.
    Posted by readsocks

Do you have to say a fan through and through.  it smells.  who cares.  I am a fan as well and call them out all the time.  you don't need to show us a B tattoo to impress us.  say your opinion and defend it like a man.  or shut up and leave

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

No, Horton hit Moore which was just kind of stupid and uncalled for.  I don't care about Lucic's punch on Hedman though.  Hedman came after Horton, chopped him into the calves and should have known he was coming into a scrum.  You're gonna get hit there, be prepared.

Lucic jabs him and he goes down like he's been shot by a sniper and then lays on the ice holding his face.  Hate to say it, but very European of him.  I've been jabbed many times with a gloved hand -- it doesn't hurt.  Horton was being a punk.  Hedman was being a p***y.  No big deal.  No one got hurt.  Suspensions are for soccer Moms.

If Downie does something to Bergeron, Thronton had better do the one thing he is good for out there...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No, Horton hit Moore which was just kind of stupid and uncalled for.  I don't care about Lucic's punch on Hedman though.  Hedman came after Horton, chopped him into the calves and should have known he was coming into a scrum.  You're gonna get hit there, be prepared. Lucic jabs him and he goes down like he's been shot be a sniper and then lays on the ice holding his face.  Hate to say it, but very European of him.  I've been jabbed many times with a gloved hand -- it doesn't hurt.  Horton was being a punk.  Hedman was being a p***y.  No big deal.  No one got hurt.  Suspensions are for soccer Moms. If Downie does something to Bergeron, Thronton had better do the one thing he is good for out there...
    Posted by Fletcher1

Ya mean like he did to Carcillo after he threw Savy around.  So much for knowing his role. 
    Downie scares me b/c he is a bit mental.  He times his hits and he means to injure.  He doesnt care. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

NAS hasnt lost his credibilty.  He is basically calling me a skirt as well.  Which is fine.  I just don't wanna hear the pi$$ing and moaning when they light one of our guys up.  Sending a message?  What message.  That he didnt crack an egg in his pants all game and wanted to make the score sheet.  I would have had more respect if he would have hit him with a check during the game.  Sending a message.  message was sent alright. A mental note to take free liberties on Bergie when he enters our lineup.  doing that during a game like that sends no message.  it screams of an immature player...
    Posted by shuperman

Lucic deserved the penalty he received, I fully agree with that.  It was a big guy being frustrated and taking it out on someone.  I agree:  very childish.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Horton should get a game for that sucker punch! : Ya mean like he did to Carcillo after he threw Savy around.  So much for knowing his role.  Downie scares me b/c he is a bit mental.  He times his hits and he means to injure.  He doesnt care. 
    Posted by shuperman

Totall agree on Downie -- mental, dirty, etc.

Just don't want Horton or Lucic to play with the fear of p*ssing off Mr. Downie.  We should have a lineup adequate to respond to Downie's antics, if needed.

Lucic and Horton looked petty and irrelevant -- Hopefully Downie will look the same way with 30 seconds to go in the next game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Horton should get a game for that sucker punch! : I could also say what a dick you are, I am a HUGE bruins fan! You see how the former sentence is fragmented and the fact that you are a Dick and I am a Bruins fan really doesn't matter? Well, in my post that you so eloquently berated, the context of those statements WERE relevant. Now, do you see how the english language works?
    Posted by readsocks

You smell like a troll the more I read your rubbish.  Which is fine.  B/C when you leave I will still be here talking, debating and reading good posts.  Yours are garbage!  Is that eloquently enough for you.  As long as you like them...You continue to attack people for challenging your post.  Why not actually debate it instead of crying and throwing a 10 year old fit. 
    "Girl Don't Go Away Mad- Girl Just Go Away"- Montley Crew

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Horton should get a game for that sucker punch! : Totall agree on Downie -- mental, dirty, etc. Just don't want Horton or Lucic to play with the fear of p*ssing off Mr. Downie.  We should have a lineup adequate to respond to Downie's antics, if needed. Lucic and Horton looked petty and irrelevant -- Hopefully Downie will look the same way with 30 seconds to go in the next game.
    Posted by Fletcher1

True that Fletch

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Dez, He hammered him.  And he had no idea it was coming.  He knew what he was doing.  I am not gonna bash on him b.c its the playoffs.  Laughing on the bench like PK and Halpren and whoever?  Whats he supposed to do, cry? Its a natural instinct to smile in stressful situations.  He had his bell rung.  You see guys get knocked out cold in a fight and are smiling a second later  I am just tired of everyone screaming when another team does it.  We have a season long history of this.  we are not a clean team.  we arent a dirty team.  But a sucker punch is a sucker punch.  When Iggy was fighting on their cup run it was to insire his group.  Lucic is supposed to be a leader.  Who does this inspire?  Was it to rev his below avg game up for game 2?  I just don't wanna hear people complain when Downie does it to one of our guys.  You know he is going to.  Wait and see if he doesnt tag Bergie when he comes back.  He is a wolf in sheeps clothing.  And he is a master at it. 
    Posted by shuperman

Shupe, I only brought up his laughing to stress the fact he didn't seem hurt. Like I said, it wasn't right but still no big deal. Regarding Downey, he needs no reason to be dirty. He gonna do what he's gonna do and have to deal with the repercussions(just like T-Bay is welcome to exact revenge on Horton and Lucic). If a punch like that ends up being the dirtiest play we see in this series, I'll be impressed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I wonder why Vinny did not get a bit of time in the sin bin for what he did to Boychuk? That's hockey too? Messages are sent all the time...I think Hort's and Luc will be more physically involved in the next game. Mark my words.
    Posted by TomOBrien

Actually, it is hockey.  Its not right, but the fact is that part of the game hasnt changed in about 50 years.  Any good coach will tell you : "they call the retaliation."  Vinny took a shot at Boychuck when he wasnt looking, Boychuck hits him back when everyone is looking, Boychuck gets screwed on the call.  Not fun, we sure hated it, but its been going that way since before anyone wore a helmet...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

No suspension come on. But I don't like starting stuff with 50 seconds to go all too much. I agree with NAS that it is a little childish...play with some more grit and throw your weight around in the first period.  Agree that Downie is a little mental, didn't he break his stick on the net after Thomas made that ridiculous save on him, I know he took a swing at it.  Shouldn't be afraid of him though, just keep your head up.

Sections
Shortcuts