Horton siting enjoying the game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Horton siting enjoying the game.

Could this mean he's better ? 
    To me looked like a good sign.  Anybody else hear anything ?  Skating ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Re: Horton siting enjoying the game.

Nothing. The cone of silence.

Even if he were ready, I would not play him until the last few games before the playoffs to make sure he is in game shape going into the first round. Its not like the B's are in danger of missing the playoffs and the fresher the legs the better for a run.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://nhlbruins.tumblr.com/

Riding a stationary bike that's it for now

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Anyone else feel that if he does return, it might make more sense to have him ride with Bergeron and Marchand?

With Pevs on the 3rd line, it would be an embarrassment of riches again. Not getting my hopes up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Let's hope they make sure he's totally recovered, then decide what to do. One big question is where would he fit in? If Caron keeps playing as well as he has shown why would Claude change to a player who will need to get into game shape, and a player who was erratic with a possible carry over from last year's hit? With the emergence of Caron and McDermid, who has also played solid, what will Peter do with some of his veteran's?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Horton siting enjoying the game.:
    [QUOTE]Let's hope they make sure he's totally recovered, then decide what to do. One big question is where would he fit in? If Caron keeps playing as well as he has shown why would Claude change to a player who will need to get into game shape, and a player who was erratic with a possible carry over from last year's hit? With the emergence of Caron and McDermid, who has also played solid, what will Peter do with some of his veteran's?
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Might be jumping the gun a bit here. Yes, Caron has had a couple of solid games in a row for the first time in his young NHL career but let's not annoint him with Horton's spot in the lineup just yet. Same with MacDermid. Both the youngsters need to show they can bring it game in, game out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

I have no doubts he isnt ready yet, but I also think that yes, they are taking their time with him getting back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

It's important not to repeat the same mistake made with Savard, who played in the playoffs while not feeling fine, against Philly, in 2010.
    Horton MUST be very careful.
    But when he'll be ready, no doubt that he should take back his spot with Lucic and Krejci, then get Séguin back with Marchand and Bergeron.
    Caron, with Kelly and Peverley, would fit in a great third line.
    Nathan is a scorer who plays big when it counts !! Can't wait to see him back...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i hope he doesn't return until next year. not that the bruins don't need him, but for his own well being. i truly believe it's his best chance at having a long fruitful career. coming back too early from a head injury makes it even more likely to have further problems. not worth the risk if you ask me. i find it hard to believe that if he's not even skating at this point, he'd be completely healed and ready to play any hockey in the next couple months. he's still young, shut him down. get well horton...you'll ALWAYS have a place in our hearts (OT mon- gm 7, 3rd per tb gm 7), you have NOTHING to prove, see you next year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

[QUOTE]Let's hope they make sure he's totally recovered, then decide what to do. One big question is where would he fit in? If Caron keeps playing as well as he has shown why would Claude change to a player who will need to get into game shape, and a player who was erratic with a possible carry over from last year's hit? With the emergence of Caron and McDermid, who has also played solid, what will Peter do with some of his veteran's?
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

caron played well w/ bergy at the beginning of last year's season before the wheels came off and brad caught fire on the 4th line.  horton is a nice bonus if caron and seguin keep playing well.   

macdermid might send paille packing. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Horton siting enjoying the game. : caron played well w/ bergy at the beginning of last year's season before the wheels came off and brad caught fire on the 4th line.  horton is a nice bonus if caron and seguin keep playing well.    macdermid might send paille packing. 
    Posted by Karl-Hungus[/QUOTE]

Seriously?  Macdermind is in the AHL as soon as either Paille or Horton are healthy.  He's a goon.  He lumbers and doesnt have a scoring touch.  The only thing he does particularly well is fight. 

Paille is a speedster, great on D, and maybe the best penalty killer on the team.

Macdermind is a stop-gap, Paille is a great defensive forward.

Lets not youth monger.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Fully healthy , here are our lines:

Lucic Krejci Seguin
    Marchand Bergeron Horton
    Rollston Kelly Peverly
    Paille Campbell Pouliout/Caron

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Horton siting enjoying the game. : Might be jumping the gun a bit here. Yes, Caron has had a couple of solid games in a row for the first time in his young NHL career but let's not annoint him with Horton's spot in the lineup just yet. Same with MacDermid. Both the youngsters need to show they can bring it game in, game out.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

exactly!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Horton siting enjoying the game. : Fully healthy , here are our lines: Lucic Krejci Seguin Marchand Bergeron Horton Rollston Kelly Peverly Paille Campbell Pouliout/Caron
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]

Dude, Thornton clearly adds a ton with his energy and leadership, etc. Don't take that stuff for granted. Caron has earned nothing yet.

That's the best 4th line in the NHL when healthy. Why mess with it?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Horton siting enjoying the game. : Dude, Thornton clearly adds a ton with his energy and leadership, etc. Don't take that stuff for granted. Caron has earned nothing yet. That's the best 4th line in the NHL when healthy. Why mess with it?
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

Love Thornton, but if you leave the fourth line as Paille , Campbell, Thornton , who sits?

Caron?

Personally, I dont think it will come to that because I dont think Horton is coming back this year.  But if Horton and Pevs come back and you leave the fourth line entact, you have to sit two.  And they are NOT going to bench Rollston.  So who sits besides Poul?  It would have to be Caron.

Are you willing to bench Caron?  I can see the logic behind it, rather put the vet out there in the playoffs. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Sorry Bass, I just noticed that you implied that Caron would be benched in favor of Thorty.  I'm okay with this as long as Caron isnt red hot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]i hope he doesn't return until next year. not that the bruins don't need him, but for his own well being. i truly believe it's his best chance at having a long fruitful career. coming back too early from a head injury makes it even more likely to have further problems. not worth the risk if you ask me. i find it hard to believe that if he's not even skating at this point, he'd be completely healed and ready to play any hockey in the next couple months. he's still young, shut him down. get well horton...you'll ALWAYS have a place in our hearts (OT mon- gm 7, 3rd per tb gm 7), you have NOTHING to prove, see you next year.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Totally agree!  Why risk his health and his future, as a player and a person?  Just look at Savard ... a complete and utter shame.

Sections
Shortcuts