Horton, some good news?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Horton, some good news?

Boston Bruins@NHLBruins

Nathan Horton skated for about 40 mins at Ristuccia with Tuukka Rask and Strength Coach John Whitesides before the full practice ^BB

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Horton, some good news?

good for horts, i hope he's feeling better. same goes to tuukka, i'd much rather see him on the bench than an unproven goaler.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Great news and I trust Nathan with Bruins team doctors will make the right decision.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

That's just it,  how will he feel after the skate,  today and tomorrow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Watched last night's game via Swedish satellite feed and they showed the Bruin scratches in the press box a number of times.

Horton looked like he was ready for something, glaring down below as if he couldn't wait to be on the ice. Very intense look.

Tuukka was eating popcorn like a madman. Inactivity is increasing his appetite.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

considering the thread started yesterday concerning the seemingly non-existent "quiet room"- i hope the bruins staff are more concerned about nathan horton, than the boston bruins. his returning to the ice is definitely encouraging, for him and us who want to see him get better and once again don the spoked b.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: Horton, some good news?:
    [QUOTE]Watched last night's game via Swedish satellite feed and they showed the Bruin scratches in the press box a number of times. Horton looked like he was ready for something, glaring down below as if he couldn't wait to be on the ice. Very intense look. Tuukka was eating popcorn like a madman. Inactivity is increasing his appetite.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
     i hope tuukka is eating popcorn on the bench straight through june. not a knock against him, but rather that TT will be winning a lot of games en route to a stanley cup win. GO B'S

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Good sign. And like BsLegion said, it will be a lot more telling to see how he feels in the coming days. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]Watched last night's game via Swedish satellite feed and they showed the Bruin scratches in the press box a number of times. Horton looked like he was ready for something, glaring down below as if he couldn't wait to be on the ice. Very intense look. Tuukka was eating popcorn like a madman. Inactivity is increasing his appetite.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

A hungry Tuuka is a good sign. He has always been seriously underweight. McQuaid too for that matter. Has anyone seen such a skinny 6 foot 4 defensive D man?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and always smiling

https://twitter.com/#!/NHLBruins/status/187567438869708801/photo/1/large

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

This will be a nice problem to have, but what to do with the third line once Peverley needs a home?  Rolston has shown enough and the chemistry those three have developed is encouraging.  Kelly and Pevereley had some magic going for a while as well.  I wonder how much influence Rolston has on Pouliot, and if breaking them up would reduce Pouloit's effectiveness.  Tough call for Julien.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

That's the benefit of locking up the seed with three games to go... julien can test chemistry a bit before playoffs start, and do so in game environments insteadof practice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Post practice discussion:
    A light skate for Nathan Horton "to see how he feels" according to Claude Julien, but B's coach stressed he's nowhere close to joining team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

CJ says Horty is nowhere close to returning, but still glad to hear he's skating. Hopefuly Tuukka went easy on the butter and salt. A madman, huh? That sounds like a lot of popcorn. Go Bruins.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Awesome. He is obviously weeks away at best, but it's a good sign. Right now, with Pouliot and Rolston playing well, there really isn't a pressing need for him. Peverley is similarly skilled so there isn't a big drop off. I would love to have him against the Pens because I don't think they handle power players well. But first we need to win round 1.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Even if he's skating now, Horton won't be ready to play until into the first round, and he certainly won't have his hands for first line duty.  I'd dress him on the fourth line in Thornton's spot (more or less) and spot him into situations on the top line and PP.  He needs to get into game action in a limited way just because it's been so long and he won't have playoff legs right off the hop.

If he is fully back, then you simply have a nice problem with Caron likely taking a seat upstairs and Peverley playing out of the same swing spot where you usually see Thornton.  CJ would still give him close to 13-14 minutes by working him for Horton if Horton, Pouliot and Rolston at various times - sort of the way he starts Caron with Lucic and Krejci but moves Peverley up when it's not working.

Good problem to have though.  Eventually, either that chemistry on the third line runs out and they stop producing above their heads, in which case either Rolston or Pouliot moves down and Peverley resumes his usual spot.  And if they hit a really rough patch, bring in Caron.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

[QUOTE]Even if he's skating now, Horton won't be ready to play until into the first round, and he certainly won't have his hands for first line duty.  I'd dress him on the fourth line in Thornton's spot (more or less) and spot him into situations on the top line and PP.  He needs to get into game action in a limited way just because it's been so long and he won't have playoff legs right off the hop. If he is fully back, then you simply have a nice problem with Caron likely taking a seat upstairs and Peverley playing out of the same swing spot where you usually see Thornton.  CJ would still give him close to 13-14 minutes by working him for Horton if Horton, Pouliot and Rolston at various times - sort of the way he starts Caron with Lucic and Krejci but moves Peverley up when it's not working. Good problem to have though.  Eventually, either that chemistry on the third line runs out and they stop producing above their heads, in which case either Rolston or Pouliot moves down and Peverley resumes his usual spot.  And if they hit a really rough patch, bring in Caron.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

I think we are more likely to see Peverly bump Pouliot or Rolston down and then Caron or Thornton take a seat

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Horton, some good news? : I think we are more likely to see Peverly bump Pouliot or Rolston down and then Caron or Thornton take a seat
    Posted by Chappy28[/QUOTE]

I agree with bringing Horton in slowly and this being a positive problem to have .
    This problem will start even sooner tha Horton's returm
    It's when Caron is ready what will Julien do ?
    Put Caron on a the 4th line and sit a Paille or Thornton ?
    or will he retry this lineup ?

Krejci-Lucic-Caron (Horton ? )
    Bergeron-Seguin-Marchand
    Kelly-Peverley-Pouliot -
    Campbell-Paille or Rolston or Thorton

When he was playing this lineup against the Rangers and some previous game I preferred switching Peverley and Caron.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Paille is probably the odd man out should Horton suddenly be able to return. Barring injury of course.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

I'd let the rest of the league think that Horton is making progress - have him skate for both his health and for the eyes that are spying - and then I'd secretly shut him down ... for his health, for his future, and for the team's future, in that order.  Bs can go deep this year - maybe win the thing again - without Horton, and they can go very deep and win the Cup with Horton in 2013.  Just my thoughts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

This is great news to hear about him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

With all the pieces that the Bruins have hanging around, healthy, ready to contribute, I doubt very much if we will Nathon Horton this playoffs. I will be more than surprised. I hope he continues to skate without headaches and continues to strive towards coming back and helping our Bruins.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

It'd certainly be an uphill battle for him to get to playing effectively enough to get in the line-up.  I'm not sure it happens except in two situations:
    Horton is clearly good-to-go, and injuries force a need;
    the Bruins eliminate an opponent quickly while other series drag out, giving them a chance to have a large number of practices with him working normally.

No matter what happens, it's good to hear he's feeling well enough to try skating.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Officially done.  I hope his teammates will help keep him smiling all summer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Very, very unfortunate. I wish him good luck, a full recovery, and look forward to him coming back next year.