Horton to Return

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Horton to Return

Just heard Joe Hagerty on 98.5 The Sports Hub say his "source" has told him that Horton will be back this year.  That is great news if true and significantly lightens the load on PC's shoulders.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Horton to Return

In Response to Horton to Return:
    [QUOTE]Just heard Joe Hagerty on 98.5 The Sports Hub say his "source" has told him that Horton will be back this year.  That is great news if true and significantly lightens the load on PC's shoulders.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

hang - This is brilliant.  Most importantly it means he's on the road to recovering his health.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

How can they really know?  I guess they have word he's almost ready for skating?  Still... remember when Savard was cleared to play?  The Bruins can't count on him being effective.  If he is, of course, that will be a nice bonus.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I hope so, but I cannot imagine he is going to be highly effective.  I am thinking of Savard a few years ago against Philly in the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I would question the credibility of that.  I thought that just last week he tried to exercise, had a setback, and was back to square one.  Given that, how could you possibly project when he'll be playing again?

That said, hope it is correct.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Sorry to rain on the parade, but haggerty reported the opposite. Headline on csnne.com say "source on hortons return, 'it's not close'". So he definitely didn't contradict that on the radio.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Horton is a big maybe.  A trade will be made.  If he comes back it will be a bonus.  End of story. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Pretty sure I heard him say it would be an end of season return...my apologies if I heard incorrectly and put out bad info.  I'll try to find an audio link.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Here's bigbadbruinsfan's link to an article in CSSNE. It would appear that both bigbadbruinsfan and hangnail are correct. Horton is not close to coming back at the moment. But a source stresses that there's every reason to believe that Horton will be back before season's end.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I have reason to believe he will be back because the Bruins have experience of when to shut it down with Bergeron and Savard. It will be a see saw of reports as we know "He's getting close", "He's almost there", "He's been cleared for practice" etc. Nathan wasn't 32 when the concussion(s) occurred so that as we also know is a good thing.

Hangnail you have enough credibility on here for you to say you heard it on the radio I believe you no apologizes necessary.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Not to be pessimistic , but I doubt he's 100% by playoff time.  Its not like its a wrist injury, where he can still skate and keep himself in shape.

There is going to be a lot of muscle loss, a lot of rust to knock off, and a lot of stamina to regain when he starts staking again.

It actually angers me.  F'ing concussions!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

hang onto the #3 playoff slot and get pevs and horton back for the playoffs. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

According to reports Peverly should be back. As we have noticed with Bergeron and Savard, Horton may or may not be back this year. The success of the call-ups will be determined by whether or not Claude makes succesful decisions. Why has he not tried Bodnarchuck ?? Camper can play wing or center, why put him at center when Claude has Kreji, Bergeron, Kelly, and Campbell. Camper has speed which works well with kreji; That would leave all other lines intact. Hennessey/Caron/Kelly worked well in their one game together. Claude's moves seem like he is over reacting without a clue. Even his comments are less than positive. The poor play has come from Chara and other stalwarts. Correct their mistakes, and the call-ups can fit right in. Put Pouliot and Corvo on the pine and a nimber of mistakes go away.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Chiarelli said he would put the likelihood of Horton being done for the year at about 1%. That was even after the exercising setback. So the Bruins are pretty confident that Nathan will be OK. It was a pretty mild hit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I bet they keep him out until the playoffs anyways, regardless of how he feels.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

Be careful.  PC wants to deal with possible trades from a position of strength.

This sounds Belichickian to me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think it would be best for Horton and the Bruins to trade him to a non playoff team.  He can get healthy and write this season off and the Bruins could get something in return.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Regardless, PC has the real info on Horton and will act accordingly. We'll see where Nathan truly is by the moves that do / do not happen this week. Of course, it's difficult to account for setbacks in this case as well.

And Bogie...stop. Just. stop. You post the same ramblings and Julien-bashing on every thread, whether it's related or not. It's tiring, and we know you have more to offer. I mean...

"Claude's moves seem like he is over reacting without a clue. Even his comments are less than positive. The poor play has come from Chara and other stalwarts. Correct their mistakes, and the call-ups can fit right in. Put Pouliot and Corvo on the pine and a nimber of mistakes go away."

I don't even know where to begin, and better to contribute than to get tuned out by everyone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Horton to Return:
    [QUOTE]I think it would be best for Horton and the Bruins to trade him to a non playoff team.  He can get healthy and write this season off and the Bruins could get something in return.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I'd be concerned about the message that a move like this sends from management to the players.  "If you get hurt, and we can't use you, we'll move you".  I know they haven't done that with Savard, but if they do it with Horton, it may lead to players hiding their symptoms from trainers and team doctors. 

By keeping him, (and perhaps taking advantage of the LTIR for more cap space), the message instead is "we take care of our own" -- and it's consistent with the way they've treated Savard.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Its Wed. and much needed game against the Blues. I am shocked it is taking this long for a deal to be done.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Horton to Return:
    [QUOTE]I think it would be best for Horton and the Bruins to trade him to a non playoff team.  He can get healthy and write this season off and the Bruins could get something in return.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

May make sense but I doubt there's a GM out there willing to take the risk.