Horton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Horton

First game back last night scored the winning goal,I for one am going to miss him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Horton

In response to kitchener's comment:
    [QUOTE]

First game back last night scored the winning goal,I for one am going to miss him.

[/QUOTE]

He served his time here and played well.  I wont miss him as much as i love having iggy.  His replacement plays harder, fights, hits, leads and scores.  iggy will lead this team in goals and will be awesome in the playoffs.  I miss Ference.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He served his time here and played well.  I wont miss him as much as i love having iggy.  His replacement plays harder, fights, hits, leads and scores.  iggy will lead this team in goals and will be awesome in the playoffs.  I miss Ference.  

[/QUOTE]

Hope your right,but man he scored some big goals in the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll wait & see if Iggy is a "Mr. Clutch" the same way Nathan was before I decide if I miss him, or not.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll wait & see if Iggy is a "Mr. Clutch" the same way Nathan was before I decide if I miss him, or not.  

[/QUOTE]

Yep.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Mr. Iginla has been getting better as the season has gone on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup.  He's got better hands than Igla and never reneged on a deal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just like he did in Pittsburgh, right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I can't argue one bit with Hortons big goals in the playoffs, he was a big time playoff guy for the B's,too bad about the shoulder in the 2013 finals. As far as Iginla goes though, i couldn't be any happier as far as a replacement for Nathan. Night in and night out Jarome brings it in all facets of the game, he does not take a night off and seems to be heating up as the season goes on. I think the 2 week Olympic break will do a player of his age wonders and expect him back raring to go. I think him playing big in the playoffs will be a foregone conclusion,imo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Iginla is going to the Hall of Fame, considering different stages of their careers and looking at how well the Lucic-Krecji line has been with Jarome on it---I'll take Jarome. Horton is a proud former B, I'm happy for his new lease on career, but he jumped off the B's as fast as he could before Chiarelli could offer him a new deal. Can't lose sleep over him.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He picked 4 teams he would agree to go to, when all was said and done he thought he would have a better chance to win the Cup with Pitt, he was wrong, we all make mistakes, whats the big deal? Get over it.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He picked 4 teams he would agree to go to, when all was said and done he thought he would have a better chance to win the Cup with Pitt, he was wrong, we all make mistakes, whats the big deal? Get over it.

[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree with you now at the time I was p;sd but really I think Pitts was the team that had the better chance of winning at least on paper ,so can't say I blame him anymore.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I was wondering when the Ryder...I mean "Horton I miss you" thread was coming out. Not having Nathan means the Bruins can resign more valuable players plus develop prospects.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to neely66's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hard not to like iggy but to assume he will be on fire in playoffs is not a foregone comclusion for only one reason- he's 36 

[/QUOTE]

True but he doesn't have injury history like Horton did, don't get me wrong,i loved what Horton did for the team in the playoffs and he was a warrior. I could be wrong and the proof will be in the pudding but i think Iginla will produce in the playoffs.Like i said the 2 wk break will do wonders for a player of Jaromes age and he will be ready. Let me put it this way, if the B's lose in the playoffs it won't be because Iginla didn't produce.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What a ridiculous statement! Get over it! The only people I think who should be P'Oed at Iginla are Flame fans & when i was there at the Dome it certainly didn't sound like they were! So just stop! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hard not to like iggy but to assume he will be on fire in playoffs is not a foregone comclusion for only one reason- he's 36 

[/QUOTE]

True but he doesn't have injury history like Horton did, don't get me wrong,i loved what Horton did for the team in the playoffs and he was a warrior. I could be wrong and the proof will be in the pudding but i think Iginla will produce in the playoffs.Like i said the 2 wk break will do wonders for a player of Jaromes age and he will be ready. Let me put it this way, if the B's lose in the playoffs it won't be because Iginla didn't produce.

[/QUOTE]

I like this post & I hope you're right. I think Iginla belongs in a B's uniform until he decides he wants to retire. He fits the mold to a T, but that doesn't mean I won't miss Horton, if Iginla doesn't give the B's those same kind of "clutch" goals that Nathan did. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What a ridiculous statement! Get over it! The only people I think who should be P'Oed at Iginla are Flame fans & when i was there at the Dome it certainly didn't sound like they were! So just stop! 

[/QUOTE]

Thats it Nite, the B's offered a better deal so really the Flames bit the bullet on Iginla's decision and like you said they didn't seem too upset on the night of his return. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats it Nite, the B's offered a better deal so really the Flames bit the bullet on Iginla's decision and like you said they didn't seem too upset on the night of his return. 

[/QUOTE]

Yep. The best scene I've ever experienced at a hockey game! I don't like Flame fans, but they certainly were awesome that night! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I think it should be reiterated, Nathan didn't leave before Chiarelli could offer him a deal.  That was the reason he left, actually.  Chiarelli didn't offer him a deal and Nathan said see ya.

And 50below, he did pick 4 teams.  The issue arose when he picked again.  Two managers spent their time and effort getting the deal done, then Iginla said i was just kidding.  What kind of human being does that?  Lemme answer that for you; A selfish one.

Chiarelli only signed him because there was no one else available.  Now, I hope we can win this scumbag a Cup as soon as possible so I don't have to watch him skating alongside 2 guys I love who have integrity.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

I think it should be reiterated, Nathan didn't leave before Chiarelli could offer him a deal.  That was the reason he left, actually.  Chiarelli didn't offer him a deal and Nathan said see ya.

And 50below, he did pick 4 teams.  The issue arose when he picked again.  Two managers spent their time and effort getting the deal done, then Iginla said i was just kidding.  What kind of human being does that?  Lemme answer that for you; A selfish one.

Chiarelli only signed him because there was no one else available.  Now, I hope we can win this scumbag a Cup as soon as possible so I don't have to watch him skating alongside 2 guys I love who have integrity.

[/QUOTE]

He had a NTC and ultimately changed his mind, that was his call. Whatever discussions he had had with anybody(management,family,fellow players) he decided that Pittsburgh was his final choice, his mistake. It was an emotional time for him to leave Calgary in the first place and then decide finally where to go. Hey, i wish he had chosen the B's so i didn't have to watch Jagr skate with the puck from side to side endlessly but it didn't happen. To call him a skumbag over this is going a little to far, its almost a little too personal isn't it?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not sure what there is to miss about Ference? A decent skater but not much of an offensive threat and made lots of mistakes in the defensive zone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

Bim09 I can understand u if it went down according to the way u said  however not to undermine the action but it's business-

As much as I like horton to be fair one can argue the way he left and where he left too (columbus) was not a type of an action to appreciate.  From my understand ing the bruins wanted to sign there are however mixed rumors on why he left

[/QUOTE]

1. He left via free-agency, happens to many players every year. How is this an issue?

2. How is going to Columbus "not a type of action to appreciate"? He wanted a smaller market team, and they offerd a bunch of money. What did he do wrong here?

3. Rumors? Seguin tagged his wife. Seems to be the new thing now whenever someone leaves. Hazel Mae was with Francona. Heidi Watney did Varitek. Foulke tagged Schillings wife, etc...This is all great stuff if your a 15 year old gossip hound of a teenage chick.

Nathan Horton said his preference was a smaller market and got one to pay him alot of money. How is that "not a type of action to appreciate"?

Sections
Shortcuts