How about CJ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

How about CJ?

Interesting, out of everything I've been reading from all ya all, CJ's name is conspicuously absent.  Now why is that?  If someone even said it, I don't recall.

I didn't see the Bruins play their game at all.  Forechecking wasn't there.  Net front presence wasn't there.  Sustained time in the Caps end saw a lot of perimeter passing and few shots from the slot.  There were very few rebound producing shots.  They weren't cycling very much, only say that a few times.

Where was the coach in all of this?  Did anyone notice any strategy change in this series?  I didn't.

Intensity.  Who do you really hate from Washington?  Last few playoff series I ended up hating players from Buffalo, Philly, Tampa and of course and especially Van.  Where were those matchups this series?  Seidenberg on Ovie? - and Hunter takes Ovie out.  So then what?   Coach is part shrink, yah, they are professionals and should be responsible for their own motivation, but it's a long season, including the preseason it's approaching the 100 game mark.  Coach has to be part shrink because his players are human and he has to find a way to get more out of them.  I didn't see it this series.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: How about CJ?

maybe his name was conspicuously absent because it should be. there are about 10 different factors that contributed to this series loss. a bunch of small problems add up to be a big problem. horton's injury alone should not be a factor, but add to it a mcquaid injury,  the leagues best face off guy (and best all-around player) not taking draws in game 7,  a horrible pp,  a  seemingly human TT, top 6 six forwards going cold, and a boatload of credit to washington. the bruins played OK, the caps played the series of their life- and there were a record 7 one goal games.  when a coach rallies his troops twice from 0-2 down, and wins a cup on the road in game 7....he doesn't need to prove anything to me. it's not like he woke up yesterday morning and forgot how to lead his players.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Get real please! the Bruins just lost in game seven overtime. that's not stinking up the joint by any means. it is what it is. Bruins were wiped out tired and the Caps and Dale hunter played a tight checking system from start to finish. it could have gone either way. if Bergerons shot goes in everyones a hero.

Bruins are awsome! Julien is awsome! Be back strong in 2013

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Maybe. But PC's pick ups didn't leave CJ much room to manoeuvre. Especially with the injuries.
     Sure Ralston, Zanon etc did the best they could but they weren't the players the Bs needed to come close to a repeat. And I'm still amazed at how we first thought the Corvo signing might just be another sign of PC's genius. Rutherford knew the score. That's why Carolina happily washed their hands of him.
    As for Pouliot, well, after his season and last night especially, I'd be shocked if he was re-signed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

Any rumblings of 'fire Julien" are ridiculous. Not an option. Period.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

It would have happened if Horton did not score against Montreal in the playoffs last year.  The Bs did rise up as Thomas eluded to if the team had beaten Washington this year.  Next, CJs system was used by Hunter to beat CJ (Lemaire's rope a dope strategy).  So nope, CJ did fine, he does need some help on the pp though and some fresh new faces to stir the competitive spirit.  The real questions this summer will be "what to do with Pouliot and Campbell"? hehehe.   Rask is a no brainer.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: How about CJ?:
    Any rumblings of 'fire Julien" are ridiculous. Not an option. Period.
    Posted by Krispy73

I totally agree with this statement.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

No, not fire CJ, but I do think he deserves a part of the blame for this playoff series loss.

For one, Thornton should not have been in one game this series, that decision should have been made earlier.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

No, not fire CJ, but I do think he deserves a part of the blame for this playoff series loss. For one, Thornton should not have been in one game this series, that decision should have been made earlier.

Posted by BadHabitude

What did caron do last night.
    I was wishing Thornton was playing. Try Caron, yes for the options but I didn't notice him much so game 7 give me Thornton

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

He is not mentioned because of a thread started earlier this year stating Julien is an elite coach.

It convinced everyone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

1 goal games are decided by bounces, usually.

This was a collective blame, and fingers shouldn't be pointed at anyone.

Out of thousands of plays, the Caps beat the B's by one that counted. You can't pin that on any one player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

It's funny in this series there aren't really a lot of players that I've come to hate on the Caps. Actually, the complete opposite - I've become a fan of a few more players. Really like Jay Beagle, Brooks Laich, Alzner, Carlson. Gained a little more respect for Semin, though he's still annoying. Also like Holtby but am not quite convinced on him yet... Bruins didn't exactly put too much pressure on him.

Think this might have something to do with the Bruins beating themselves just as much, if not more than the Caps beat them...

No need to use Claude as a scapegoat this time... FIRE WARD!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

Alzner's 3rd man act is what I'll remember from him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Get real please! the Bruins just lost in game seven overtime. that's not stinking up the joint by any means. it is what it is. Bruins were wiped out tired and the Caps and Dale hunter played a tight checking system from start to finish. it could have gone either way. if Bergerons shot goes in everyones a hero. Bruins are awsome! Julien is awsome! Be back strong in 2013
    Posted by riptide757

Finally! Glad I didn't have to say it.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Good post BadHab, CJ deserves a portion of blame for the first round failure, as do the players and management.

I just don't get a warm & fuzzy from PC and Neely that they are totally sold on CJ.  I doubt they would make a move in advance of next season, but something to monitor.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

Fire ward yes please. Cj should in no way be fired but maybe next year he feels the heat if they go in long slumps like they did this year. Hey you can't get the bounces every series. That's what I think it was the bruins just didn't get the bounces they did last year. The way things went a year ago that puck stays flat for bergy and he puts it in.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He is not mentioned because of a thread started earlier this year stating Julien is an elite coach. It convinced everyone.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

yes, the OP lost his marbles.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

No, not fire CJ, but I do think he deserves a part of the blame for this playoff series loss. For one, Thornton should not have been in one game this series, that decision should have been made earlier.
    Posted by BadHabitude
    People act as though there was a real difference in the two teams. These were two teams with amazingly similar records and the teams so closely matched that after 7 games, they were tied before it had to go to sudden death.

CJ is a real fine coach IMHO. The team goes far every year wiithout a bodafide superstar scorer. A couple of the B's found themselves playing without discpline (Lucic and Marchand come to mind), DK's game never came together and Thomas was good but human.

And still it took a bit of puck luck for the rebound to hit Ward in stride to end the B's year.

I think Boston fans have become jaded by all the championships of the last ten years and are losing the ability to enjoy a noble effort that falls just a little short.

Sections
Shortcuts