How about Kluzak as a coach?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

How about Kluzak as a coach?

interim, at least. he seems like a natural coach. not fiery but could work.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: How about Kluzak as a coach?

Brickley would be a lot better, guy knows everything about hockey

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

And Kathryn Tappen as GM

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

In Response to How about Kluzak as a coach?:
    [QUOTE]interim, at least. he seems like a natural coach. not fiery but could work.
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUOTE]Kluzak thinks fighting should be taken out of the game and would bring the same defensive style as Clode. Lateral move IMO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

In Response to Re: How about Kluzak as a coach?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to How about Kluzak as a coach? : Kluzak thinks fighting should be taken out of the game and would bring the same defensive style as Clode. Lateral move IMO.
    Posted by notrolls[/QUOTE]

If that's the case I would tend to agree it's a lateral move, although Kluzak's style of defensive hockey is probably different from Claude's. I've never seen a team give up the blue line so easily. I doubt Kluzak would teach that same style.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I don't think Gordie has any desire to coach....same for Brick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]how about Dale Arnold then...
    Posted by dangr76[/QUOTE]

That's actually a helpful response. It encourages me to investigate the "ignore" feature.

Thanks, bro.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I'm all for it.  He would bring in some Russian's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

How 'bout Milbury again...there's a few players that need a rap on the head with a shoe.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Love the potential management Harvard (PC) + Harvard (Klusak) = two bedmates of disaaster.  Help Cam!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

In Response to How about Kluzak as a coach?:
    [QUOTE]interim, at least. he seems like a natural coach. not fiery but could work.
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? If you think this team has no heart or fight now, you'll get complete castration with Kluzak. Holy cow!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Brickley would be a lot better, guy knows everything about hockey
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

If that's all you need to be a good coach, I nominate Chowda for new coach position, with SanDog and OC as assistants.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]How 'bout Milbury again...there's a few players that need a rap on the head with a shoe.
    Posted by number08[/QUOTE]

Pumpkin Head Milbury is the ultimate stooge of society. He has failed at every stage of hockey. Player, coach, GM and commentator. Every time he opens his mouth its embarassing. Can we hear once more how they should ban the All Star Game? Perhaps if he were part of it once in his life -- he may just figure it out. Someone tell Mike their looking for a stick boy for the 2011 game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How about Kluzak as a coach? : Pumpkin Head Milbury is the ultimate stooge of society. He has failed at every stage of hockey. Player, coach, GM and commentator. Every time he opens his mouth its embarassing. Can we hear once more how they should ban the All Star Game? Perhaps if he were part of it once in his life -- he may just figure it out. Someone tell Mike their looking for a stick boy for the 2011 game.
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]

He played over 700 games in the 21 team NHL.  No failure there.

He coached in the conference finals and the Stanley Cup finals.  No failure there.

He's on local and national broadcasts, along with tv shows about hockey.  No failure there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Kluzak, Milbury, Keenan, Hitchcock ? Who else ? and I thought the weed was weak when I left Massachusetts maybe not I suppose.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Hhhhmmm.... that's one way to get Gordo off of the NESN set. Nah, he would not be as O-Fence-ive minded behind the bench.

Not reAding poSts by baboons who average ten posts per day.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How about Kluzak as a coach? : He played over 700 games in the 21 team NHL.  No failure there. He coached in the conference finals and the Stanley Cup finals.  No failure there. He's on local and national broadcasts, along with tv shows about hockey.  No failure there.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

NAS, are you referring to the same Milbury who as coach of the B's introduced phreakin' BALLET to training camp

The same Milbury, who as far as I knew at the time, became the first coach in the NHL to openly urge his players to turtle and/or otherwise not respond to the opposition in order to give the B's more power play chances

Sure, that makes sense in a Julien sort of way, but does that kind of strategy sync with Milbury's image as a tough-guy coach?  Absolutely not.  It didn't add up back then and it certainly doesn't today in "the new NHL". 

And please don't talk about how far he brought the 1990 team, look at the players they had on that club (Bourque, Neely, Oates, Galley, Wesley, Janney, Moog, Poulin...hell, YOU might have been able to coach that group to the Finals!).

Sorry, but Milbury ain't the right guy to lead this team.  Milbury's always been a talker vs. a doer.  Fans saw right through his phony tough-guy act, regularly booing him at the old Garden.  And when asked about it Milbury, seldom at a loss for wards as everyone knows, didn't have much to say, other than claiming not to understand why Bruins fans were booing one of their own. 

During stoppages, Milbury would inevitably start yapping AFTER the linesman arrived on the scene.  On one unforgettable night, Larry Robinson called him on it.  Milbury, pretending not to hear Big Larry, soon realized Robinson meant business.  As the fraudulent Milbury tried to cover up, Robinson loaded up for an upper-cut that was so well telecast that the entire Garden crowd groaned as it was thrown. 

Despite all of the above, you'd actually want a phony like Milbury to be the next Bruins coach?  I sure as hell don't, let him do his yapping on TV. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

[QUOTE]Brickley would be a lot better, guy knows everything about hockey
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

yip, too bad he didn,t kno how to play. i would take kluzak as interim over brickley any time. Brickley is way too dull and emotionless!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

CJ does have the 10th best win % overall as a Bruins coach at .612 (out of 28 total coaches), not bad but unfortunately I have to agree that his style of coaching does not fit this team. You have to wonder what happened, they came out on fire so we know they can do it. I thought maybe it was a change in strategy, open the game up a little.

I don't care what anybody says, I like Milbury and at least he HAS coaching experience. I'd want him over Gord or Brick, and BTW, he was quite successful as a Bruins coach with a .628 win % (I know he had some great players...)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

[QUOTE]CJ does have the 10th best win % overall as a Bruins coach at .612 (out of 28 total coaches), not bad but unfortunately I have to agree that his style of coaching does not fit this team. You have to wonder what happened, they came out on fire so we know they can do it. I thought maybe it was a change in strategy, open the game up a little. I don't care what anybody says, I like Milbury and at least he HAS coaching experience. I'd want him over Gord or Brick, and BTW, he was quite successful as a Bruins coach with a .628 win % (I know he had some great players...)
    Posted by deejm2112[/QUOTE]

Okay, so if CJ's style of coaching doesn't fit this team, what on earth makes you think that Milbury's style of coaching from TWENTY years ago will be a fit?  Details please.  Milbury's another Barry Melrose waiting to happen, fawgeddaboutit. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Kluzak as coach ? There are so many other ex NHLers that know about as much about the game as Kluzak. Are they also ready to coach an NHL team ? Dealing with communicating and motivating players , the media , in game strategies etc., are a lot different when someone is behind a bench then sitting behind a desk with a microphone. Having years of coaching experience is important when making the jump to a high level of hockey like the NHL ! On another thread I posted where Doug Gilmour was asked if he wanted to coach in the NHL. His reply was ' I am still learning ' meaning he wasn't ready. That statement in itself says what it takes to become an NHL coach considering he has been in the game all his life.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Not a chance...skelatore is pulseless...very poor choice...I have begun to mute the TV when he speaks. Please, not Brickley either...
    How about Jack Edwards! Ha ha The alternate Jersey (brown) would match his teeth...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Why Kluzak? He has no experience as a coach and the last thing Boston needs is an on-the-job traning position.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Why Kluzak? He has no experience as a coach and the last thing Boston needs is an on-the-job traning position.
    Posted by niftybear[/QUOTE]

Because this thread is all about wildly grasping at straws and crazy ideas.

It's time to bring this all back to reality and some suggestions that would actually work.

Time that we all get serious and stop throwing names with no coaching experience out there.  And retired coaches?  They retired for a reason you know.

Here's my idea.  Bill Bellichek.  He could split the coaching duties with CJ.  CJ could coach until January every year.  Then Bill could take over.  Bill is a proven winner.  True, the NFL is slightly different than the NHL, but much of it is the same, you just have to change the names around, like defensive coordinator is just your pk coach.  You got a center in football, you got a center in hockey.  We'd see a lot more hitting and a lot more of those greasy goals from a scrum in front of the net.

OK, so there might be a few 'too many men' penalties until Bill gets used to (10 guys plus the goalie every once in a while), but Bill would get used to the rule changes pretty fast.

Sections
Shortcuts