How about...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -sabot-13. Show -sabot-13's posts

How about...

I'd love to see Nash in the Black and Gold but we all know if it happened, it would cost too much.  Too many other teams willing to overpay.  We need good fit bargains like Kelly and Peverly.  I like Teemu Selanne... but I don't LOVE the idea and I've got nothing for a D man.

Then I read that the Caps might throw in the towel and be sellers.

What about (wait for it) ...Knuble and Wideman?  We could one-stop, get all our shopping done and prob get a fair price.  Wideman knows our system and Knuble is veteran leadership.  Frankly, our PP has been bad for two years... since Wideman left.  Connection?  Knuble has always been a Boston favorite and would look good parked in front of the enemy net.   

I know Wideman turns the puck over too much, but as a spare part or PP only, he might be a good fit.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: How about...

This is awesome!  They could probably be had pretty cheap.  I'm not sure if Knuble has anything left in the tank. His stats are awful but I haven't watched him play. If he looks like he has something left, he would be great. Wideman wouldn't be horrible, but I still want a left shot so Seidenberg can move back to the right. The suggestion of this trade isn't ridiculous though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If the Caps beat Ottawa tonight, they're back in 8th. There seems to be too much chaos in the SE standings for Florida, Washington or Winnipeg to give up the chase quite yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Wideman has done well in Washington and with Mike Green injured, plays a game or two then gets injured again I doubt they deal him. The Caps have already stated they are not trading Knuble.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

PC would really have to swallow his pride to bring Wides back!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from -sabot-13. Show -sabot-13's posts

In Response to Re: How about...:
    [QUOTE]Wideman has done well in Washington and with Mike Green injured, plays a game or two then gets injured again I doubt they deal him. The Caps have already stated they are not trading Knuble.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I read that too about Knuble, but that was almost 2 weeks ago and the Caps have been playing bad.  Both players are UFA.  If the Caps are knocked out, why wouldn't they trade?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

The Caps are 2 points out of the #3 slot (true, the Panthers have a game in hand, but the Caps have 3 games in hand on the Jets).

Can you imagine the uproar from the Caps faithful if they became sellers at this point?  "2 points from home ice in the first round, and we're packing it in???"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: How about...:
    [QUOTE]Wideman has done well in Washington and with Mike Green injured, plays a game or two then gets injured again I doubt they deal him. The Caps have already stated they are not trading Knuble.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Which is very unfair of McPhee considering Mike's been spotted 4th line duties, or scratched in the past month & a half.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to How about...:
    [QUOTE]I'd love to see Nash in the Black and Gold but we all know if it happened, it would cost too much.  Too many other teams willing to overpay.  We need good fit bargains like Kelly and Peverly.  I like Teemu Selanne... but I don't LOVE the idea and I've got nothing for a D man. Then I read that the Caps might throw in the towel and be sellers. What about (wait for it) ...Knuble and Wideman?  We could one-stop, get all our shopping done and prob get a fair price.  Wideman knows our system and Knuble is veteran leadership.  Frankly, our PP has been bad for two years... since Wideman left.  Connection?  Knuble has always been a Boston favorite and would look good parked in front of the enemy net.    I know Wideman turns the puck over too much, but as a spare part or PP only, he might be a good fit. Thoughts?
    Posted by -sabot-13[/QUOTE]
    Compared to Corvo, Wideman is a Ray Bourque! You'll never here me complain about Wideman again if we're lucky enough to get rid of "Mr. Cough!" 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

BIG NO to bringing back those guys...

We already have Wideman-- a puck moving, error prone, offensive minded, not hit a soul guy-- and his name is Corvo.  We had Wideman and Corvo's older brother last year in Kaberle.  No more of these "mobile" types.

If we get a D-man, I'd like a shotblocking, minutes eater, who can lay the body and be dependable in our own zone.  Adding more depth to the shut-down type D-man would be much wiser.

Knuble would not be a good fit either as he is slooooow and the B's have become much quicker since they last had him with the additions of Campbell, Paille, Kelly, Marchand, Seguin, etc...  I'm afraid he could not keep up anymore.

I think the trading partner's will be either Columbus, NYIsle, Carolina, TB (with all of the recent injuries) or Edm.  Maybe Buff or Mont but they will be cautious inside their own division.   Washington will not be sellers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

well if ovie is out for any period of time, you can bet the caps will downfall and be sellers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

For those who think Wideman would be a great addition to the B's, take a look at Ottawa's second goal tonight and I believe everyone will remember why he was traded away.

I think he's still looking for his pants on the ice after being undressed by Michalek!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

If Knuble is dumped for a 3rd-4th rounder, it will happen.  Might be a nice pickup.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! TO Wideman and Knuble !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then we might as well bring back Joe Thornton also. Blake Wheeler Marco Sturm Phil Kessel Ryder Rechhi  McClaren Axelson just let the ex bruins rest at there new home.