How can Ryder be -5???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

How can Ryder be -5???

Great game last night by the B's on so many levels.  I was scanning the boxscore and was surprised to see that the B's had only one minus player last night...Michael Ryder...-2.

How can this guy be a minus player on this team with the ice time he gets?
    B's Forwards +/- (Avg TOI)
    - Marchand +24 (13:14)
    - Bergeron +23 (17:52)
    - Horton +16 (16:38)
    - Recchi +16 (16:01)
    - Lucic +13 (16:26)
    - Krejci +12 (19:07)
    - Campbell +8 (13:48)
    - Wheeler +7 (15:10)
    - Thornton +6 (10:13)
    - Caron +4 (13:17)
    - Seguin +1 (12:22)
    - Paille 0 (10:57)
    - Arniel -1 (12:26)
    - Ryder -5 (14:57)
    - Savard -7 (15:48)

I find that to be an amazing stat, especially given CJ's stress on playing a responsible two-way game.  Ryder is long overdue for a couple of games in the press-box at a minimum.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: How can Ryder be -5???

well savard is minus 7 and ryder was wing for most of the time he was playing...Tough to sit him though since he so streaky. Too many games he not even getting his chances, at least horton gets his chances..Speaking of which, I really wish someone on the coaching staff would tell horton to stop trying to go high glove. he misses way too much and with his shot he should go 5-hole. Worst case scenario is he produces a rebound or a face-off in the offensive zone. Anyone else notice this?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

In Response to How can Ryder be -5???:
    [QUOTE]Great game last night by the B's on so many levels.  I was scanning the boxscore and was surprised to see that the B's had only one minus player last night...Michael Ryder...-2. How can this guy be a minus player on this team with the ice time he gets? B's Forwards +/- (Avg TOI) - Marchand +24 (13:14) - Bergeron +23 (17:52) - Horton +16 (16:38) - Recchi +16 (16:01) - Lucic +13 (16:26) - Krejci +12 (19:07) - Campbell +8 (13:48) - Wheeler +7 (15:10) - Thornton +6 (10:13) - Caron +4 (13:17) - Seguin +1 (12:22) - Paille 0 (10:57) - Arniel -1 (12:26) - Ryder -5 (14:57) - Savard -7 (15:48) I find that to be an amazing stat, especially given CJ's stress on playing a responsible two-way game.  Ryder is long overdue for a couple of games in the press-box at a minimum.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    That is one of my biggest complaints about CJ. If he wants to benched Seguin for poor play, thats fine. But he never disciplines guys like ryder and wheeler for poor play.

Whether its a 19 year old rookie or a 43 year old veteran, everyone on the team should be held accountable to the same set of expectations.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: How can Ryder be -5???:
    [QUOTE]well savard is minus 7 and ryder was wing for most of the time he was playing...Tough to sit him though since he so streaky. Too many games he not even getting his chances, at least horton gets his chances..Speaking of which, I really wish someone on the coaching staff would tell horton to stop trying to go high glove. he misses way too much and with his shot he should go 5-hole. Worst case scenario is he produces a rebound or a face-off in the offensive zone. Anyone else notice this?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Savard was out there with Lucic and Horton for a while.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Ryder is lazy and sloppy in the defensive end. His defensive coverage is very poor, and with Savard not up to par they gave up more than they produced. Now he will be out with Hamill and Wheeler. I would rather see it be Wheeler and Seguin, and let Ryder play 4th line duty, but they know how lazy he can be, and Campbell would be over whelmed if he had to cover for both Ryder and Thornton's mistakes.