How can that not be a penalty?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from salsa-kid. Show salsa-kid's posts

How can that not be a penalty?

When the Hawks slashed and tripped Krug at the blueline?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: How can that not be a penalty?

Refs missed it, they're human.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It was blatant right in front of everyone. There would have been a faceoff in the Hawks zone, 6 on 4 but it doesn't guarantee a goal for the Bs. There will missed calls for both sides last night. I don't think it affected the outcome except for allowingthe 3rd goal to happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

because its chicago.

the game was lost before the missed penalty.

sluggish and too may turnovers

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Not only did Frolik avoid the long arm of the law, he was credited with an assist.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Surprised the B's didn't make more out of it though.  A certain amount of whining is good.  Referees do in fact listen.  They are human.  Those that whine the right way...get make up calls sometime down the road.

Big difference between missing something, vs ignoring it.  No doubt in my mind, they saw it, knew it was an obvious penalty, but ignored it, only because it was a tight game, and it was late in the 3rd.  No way that doesn't get called in the 1st or 2nd.  The justice culture in the NHL, is a complete embarassement alongside the rest of the pro sport world.

Having said that, it probably didn't change the outcome.  It "wasn't" why the B's lost. Rather, simply another screaming example of a hopelessly outdated, bushleague, ill-informed, mindless, refereeing mentality that starts with the league hierarchy, and is filtered down to ice level.  This one isn't a result of the refs, but the accepted culture.  Time for the game to grow up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

most likely doesnt change the outcome with just about 13 seconds left, but it was a blatant penalty that shouldve been called. never know whats going to happen with a faceoff in the chicago zone with 13 seconds and a 6-4.

but we just didnt play like we wanted it last night until the 3rd period started. no heart and too much sloppy play.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

Surprised the B's didn't make more out of it though.  A certain amount of whining is good.  Referees do in fact listen.  They are human.  Those that whine the right way...get make up calls sometime down the road.

Big difference between missing something, vs ignoring it.  No doubt in my mind, they saw it, knew it was an obvious penalty, but ignored it, only because it was a tight game, and it was late in the 3rd.  No way that doesn't get called in the 1st or 2nd.  The justice culture in the NHL, is a complete embarassement alongside the rest of the pro sport world.

Having said that, it probably didn't change the outcome.  It "wasn't" why the B's lost. Rather, simply another screaming example of a hopelessly outdated, bushleague, ill-informed, mindless, refereeing mentality that starts with the league hierarchy, and is filtered down to ice level.  This one isn't a result of the refs, but the accepted culture.  Time for the game to grow up.

Would the consistancy of calls from the Regular Season and the Plaoffs result in an entertaining style of hockey? I think it would, but my gues is the NHL doesn't think so. It was clear from the Toronto series that they were going to let a lot more go, and it seemed to work out pretty well. By far and large I think they have been fair in letting both sides get away with a lot, so it is balanced. Fewer whistles.

In the Regular Season, sometimes the calls come so often that they take away from the flow of the game. When it comes to playoffs, the intensity gets ratched up a few more notches, so I guess they see the need to slow down the parade to the Box. I think it's BS, but as long as they are consistant, I will live wih it.

I thought the Seidenburg call was boarderline. It was a tough check, that to me, seemed like the ones they let go. But for most part in the Series, it's been balanced.

Now the last one was a penalty in any one's books. It would have made a very interesting ending, they didn't so we have to move on. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

That was a blatant non call the ref was looking straight at the play! For those of you who don't like complaining about referees FO! Only team with the powerplay last night CBH's no powerplays for the Bruins ? WTF! Oh well Sterns was Bettemans mentor. Everyone knows Sterns motto Screw Boston and when your done screwing them the first time roll them over and do it again!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to thejuice1's comment:

most likely doesnt change the outcome with just about 13 seconds left, but it was a blatant penalty that shouldve been called. never know whats going to happen with a faceoff in the chicago zone with 13 seconds and a 6-4.

but we just didnt play like we wanted it last night until the 3rd period started. no heart and too much sloppy play.

Maybe sloppy yes but no heart ?  Everyone forgets there's another team on the ice . Neither team cannot be the dominant team for 60mins , not at this point in the season !
    If Bruins didn't have a pulse when Chicago might have been outplaying them they wouldn't have outhit Chicago.

This is a very even series and bounces at dictating who wins or loses.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to winthecup's comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

[QUOTE]

Refs missed it, they're human.

My god your pathetic,i think your a troll

[/QUOTE]

You done stocking his posts ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Last word on penalty calls.  I find overall the officiating being good.  Yes there will be missed calls , the ones they don't miss are high sticks , delay of game (puck over the boards) and boarding , maybe because those with the exception of the latter all the officials on the ice have a say on it. With that being said, Lucic is one peed off hombre , he got high sticked , no call , the trip on Krug was right in front of him, no call.  Lucic will be lion come monday night.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to winthecup's comment:

You done stocking his posts ?

You a troll two ?

[/QUOTE]

Troll two ?  ugh ?  I guess Hang is right. 

Let me speak to you like my 15 year old daughter you might understand,  WTV !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

[QUOTE]

Maybe sloppy yes but no heart ?  Everyone forgets there's another team on the ice . Neither team cannot be the dominant team for 60mins , not at this point in the season !
    If Bruins didn't have a pulse when Chicago might have been outplaying them they wouldn't have outhit Chicago.

[/QUOTE]

i agree with you completely. heart was the wrong term. i shouldve said they lacked good effort in the first two periods. they came out flying and outplayed chicago by a lot in period 3.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i agree with you completely. heart was the wrong term. i shouldve said they lacked good effort in the first two periods. they came out flying and outplayed chicago by a lot in period 3.

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.

Seems like they always outplay Chicago in the 2nd halves of the games. In game 4 also they carried the play from the 3rd intop the OT, just got unlucky.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to salsa-kid's comment:

When the Hawks slashed and tripped Krug at the blueline?

As bad/obvious as it was, it's the playoffs. The Bruins have had their share not called against them. I actually am not too crazy of a power play when the goalie is pulled, the other team can just fire the puck down without icing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, its not like the Hawks are just standing around doing nothing.They didn't finish 1st overall for nothing and go on a 6 week undefeated streak because they were lucky. The B's have their hands full but but they will rise to the occasion and game 6 will be a barnburner, game 7 here we come!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Last word on penalty calls.  I find overall the officiating being good.  Yes there will be missed calls , the ones they don't miss are high sticks , delay of game (puck over the boards) and boarding , maybe because those with the exception of the latter all the officials on the ice have a say on it. With that being said, Lucic is one peed off hombre , he got high sticked , no call , the trip on Krug was right in front of him, no call.  Lucic will be lion come monday night.

I agree. The reffing has been good and usually letting them play works in the Bruns favour because they are a great 5 on 5 team and because they are a little nasty. The only penalties called last night were plays where a player was injured. The call was missed when Lucic was high-sticked but that happens and has happened the other way as well.  My only issue was on the non call on Frolik but the refs did not cost the Bruins the game.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

This is a very even series and bounces at dictating who wins or loses. [/QUOTE]

The B's have their hands full but but they will rise to the occasion and game 6 will be a barnburner, game 7 here we come! [/QUOTE]

There will be a game 7, there is no doubt in my mind. Funny how the wannabs are acting like Chicago dominated.

Sections
Shortcuts