How Come Lucic Is Never Criticized?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

How Come Lucic Is Never Criticized?

Tim Thomas gets a lot of flack on these boards whenever he lets in a softie.  Claude Julien is criticized for his unwillingness to make lineup changes.  People are constantly b_tching and moaning about Kaberle's ineffectiveness of the powerplay.  But rarely (if ever) do I see anyone say one negative word about #17.  

Yes, Milan Lucic.  The same player who has proven time and again in these playoffs that he is a major defensive liability.  I would go as far as to say he is our team's worst defensive player.  His performance in tonight's game did nothing to change my opinion of him.  In fact, it only reinforced it.

If it weren't for Lucic's sort-of-kind-of "pinch" late in the 3rd period, the Bruins may have had a chance to win the game.  Instead, his error resulted in an odd-man rush for the Canucks, who were able to keep the puck in the offensive zone until Lapierre ultimately scored the GWG.  Eddie Olczyk pointed out Lucic's error on the NBC broadcast, but I doubt I will hear about it tomorrow in the Boston Globe or on the Sports Hub.

But why?  Lucic is constantly making bonehead plays, errant passes into the neutral zone, and shows an overall lack of effort on the backcheck.  It's about time someone held him accountable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Re: How Come Lucic Is Never Criticized?

In Response to How Come Lucic Is Never Criticized?:
    [QUOTE]Tim Thomas gets a lot of flack on these boards whenever he lets in a softie.  Claude Julien is criticized for his unwillingness to make lineup changes.  People are constantly b_tching and moaning about Kaberle's ineffectiveness of the powerplay.  But rarely (if ever) do I see anyone say one negative word about #17.   Yes, Milan Lucic.  The same player who has proven time and again in these playoffs that he is a major defensive liability.  I would go as far as to say he is our team's worst defensive player.  His performance in tonight's game did nothing to change my opinion of him.  In fact, it only reinforced it. If it weren't for Lucic's sort-of-kind-of "pinch" late in the 3rd period, the Bruins may have had a chance to win the game.  Instead, his error resulted in an odd-man rush for the Canucks, who were able to keep the puck in the offensive zone until Lapierre ultimately scored the GWG.  Eddie Olczyk pointed out Lucic's error on the NBC broadcast, but I doubt I will hear about it tomorrow in the Boston Globe or on the Sports Hub. But why?  Lucic is constantly making bonehead plays, errant passes into the neutral zone, and shows an overall lack of effort on the backcheck.  It's about time someone held him accountable.
    Posted by TimThomas-god[/QUOTE]
    agree

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

To be fair he has been called out on this site...I'd like to see him shoot more, plus I'd like to see him dump and chase rather than stick handle his way into the zone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

I am a HUGE lucic fan, but i have to agree 100%, he is definitely the WORST bruin on the ice.....  I have beeen saying it all night, all series....

I am guessing he has a serious injury that he is playing through.... that is the ONLY excuse for such pathetic play, he is soft and very poor in his own zone.... I agree, but whats the point of beating on him in the media???

It doesnt change anything.....

I have to believe he is hurt.... He has been soooo much better in previous playoffs.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: How Come Lucic Is Never Criticized?:
    [QUOTE]To be fair he has been called out on this site...I'd like to see him shoot more, plus I'd like to see him dump and chase rather than stick handle his way into the zone.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I haven't really seen too much criticism aimed at Lucic, and that includes the comments I've read after tonight's loss.  Too often Claude or the powerplay is blamed, but the consistently poor effort from Lucic has been a big problem for this team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCeagles01. Show BCeagles01's posts

did you care when manny ramirez didnt run out a ground ball?

probably.

if he didnt score 30 goals and was labeled as one of the top enforcers/power forwards in the NHL, he would be criticized.

i think every player should be held accountable in all zones of the ice, but at the same time, he has never held the reputation of being a defensive minded player.

i know what you mean tho. blind passes, turnovers from backcheckers, lack of hustling back... but take him for the player he is. he hits, screen, distribute and score.

if he was a great defensive minded player, he would be off the charts. but he isnt. so to answer your question, we take what we can get from the guy. or any player for that matter

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]I am a HUGE lucic fan, but i have to agree 100%, he is definitely the WORST bruin on the ice.....  I have beeen saying it all night, all series.... I am guessing he has a serious injury that he is playing through.... that is the ONLY excuse for such pathetic play, he is soft and very poor in his own zone.... I agree, but whats the point of beating on him in the media??? It doesnt change anything..... I have to believe he is hurt.... He has been soooo much better in previous playoffs.....
    Posted by SmokingJoe[/QUOTE]

I've been hearing that he's been hurt since the beginning of the Montreal series, and I'm not buying it.  If he was, then Claude would not be giving him so many minutes IMO.  And why talk about him?  Well, anytime your team loses a game, the fans are going to point the finger at someone or something.  I just don't think it's fair to blame Claude or the PP for tonight's loss.  Let's face it, we've gotten to this point with a truly awful PP, we can't expect it to be successful.  We can, however, expect the forwards to play strong, two-way hockey.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

Ryder has played more defense in these playoffs and you certainly don't expect it from him.

Lucic tonight was invisible until they showed the replays of him not doing his job.  Showed him on the wrong side of screening Luongo a couple of times, showed him getting spun around in the neutral zone and you didn't need a replay to see him not hitting and just gliding around the ice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from powerdogs. Show powerdogs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Come Lucic Is Never Criticized? : I haven't really seen too much criticism aimed at Lucic, and that includes the comments I've read after tonight's loss.  Too often Claude or the powerplay is blamed, but the consistently poor effort from Lucic has been a big problem for this team.
    lucic can not skate ,he  is only a 3rd line player,gave up the puck big time tonight
    lost all the corner battles tonight in both ends of the ice .he has not thrown a hit
    in this series . he should have sat for awhile in this game, seguin should have replaced him .THE  WOREST PLAYER ON THE ICE AND THERE WAS A FEW F#ck

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Huge Lucic fan here as well. But he is a turnover machine in these playoffs & has been terrible along the wall in the defensive zone with his decision making.

He has to be hurt because in his few years in Boston he has been a beast in the playoffs but right now Marchand is the Bs most effective leftwinger.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Come Lucic Is Never Criticized? : lucic can not skate ,he  is only a 3rd line player,gave up the puck big time tonight lost all the corner battles tonight in both ends of the ice .he has not thrown a hit in this series . he should have sat for awhile in this game, seguin should have replaced him .THE  WOREST PLAYER ON THE ICE AND THERE WAS A FEW F#ck
    Posted by powerdogs[/QUOTE]

And this isn't the first time either, he's been invisible for far too many playoff games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Lucic quits skating every time the play turns back up ice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCeagles01. Show BCeagles01's posts

you guys are crazy. how do you throw the best player on this team under the bus cause he doesnt back check.

do you think david krecjis numbers are magical?

he is leading the playoffs in points because he has/had certain people on his line.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCeagles01. Show BCeagles01's posts

not to mention his +/- stats....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

I still think LUCIC is hurt.......  in previous playoffs he was a beast........

If he is not hurt, then he doesnt belong on the top line......

He would be a solid 3rd line forward.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]you guys are crazy. how do you throw the best player on this team under the bus cause he doesnt back check. do you think david krecjis numbers are magical? he is leading the playoffs in points because he has/had certain people on his line.
    Posted by BCeagles01[/QUOTE]

Milan Lucic is far from the best player on the team.  Do the names Bergeron, Chara, and Thomas ring a bell?  Hell, even throw Seidenberg in there.  Until Lucic learns to play some defense, he will not be the team's best player.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCeagles01. Show BCeagles01's posts

id like all of you to humor me... really?

ov, crosby, sedins, any leading goal scorer on any team. called out for turnovers and not back checking... Please.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]I still think LUCIC is hurt.......  in previous playoffs he was a beast........ If he is not hurt, then he doesnt belong on the top line...... He would be a solid 3rd line forward.....
    Posted by SmokingJoe[/QUOTE]

I just hate when people make these kinds of excuses for him.  His pinch-in was not a result of an injury that he may or may not have, it was a serious mental error.  That has nothing to do with how healthy he is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Claude never had the d pinch all game and thinks u can win zero zero

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]id like all of you to humor me... really? ov, crosby, sedins, any leading goal scorer on any team. called out for turnovers and not back checking... Please.
    Posted by BCeagles01[/QUOTE]

Did you seriously just compare Milan Lucic to Sidney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin?  I don't want to sound mean, but did you just start watching hockey?  Hockey players are not simply measured by their offensive skill.  If they were, Tim Thomas (and any other goalie for that matter) would be considered one of the worst players in the league.  Crosby and Ovechkin are considered some of the best players in the league, because they consistently make the players around them better, all while displaying great leadership qualities.  Milan Lucic does not do that, yet.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]Claude never had the d pinch all game and thinks u can win zero zero
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

Not true.  I saw multiple, successful pinches from Seidenberg, McQuaid, etc.  Lucic cost the team the game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCeagles01. Show BCeagles01's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Come Lucic Is Never Criticized? : I just hate when people make these kinds of excuses for him.  His pinch-in was not a result of an injury that he may or may not have, it was a serious mental error.  That has nothing to do with how healthy he is.

i actually agree with you on this. it has nothing to do with health, or any excuses.
    they are mental errors. completely. if you take the pros and cons of what he brings to the table, he should be one the last players on this team criticized...

we are in the stanely cup finals becuase of horton and krejci, and its mostly because lucic is on their line.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCeagles01. Show BCeagles01's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Come Lucic Is Never Criticized? : Not true.  I saw multiple, successful pinches from Seidenberg, McQuaid, etc.  Lucic cost the team the game.

tim thomas cost us game 2, where was that thread?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Lucic has been there best passer and thats sad if you watcvh the games.
    On the road claude plays conservative and as a result the bruinsd play scared not to lose and wel lose. At home they GO for it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Best passer?  Yeah, all of those no-look passes that were intercepted in the neutral zone really helped the team.

Sections
Shortcuts