How Creative Can PC BE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: How Creative Can PC BE

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

the difference is the Hawks have a couple of snipers like Kane & Sharp and have brought up some talented youth like Saad, unlike the B'S....

can't always expect to win 2-1 games....

as for Louii, concussions or not, i think we saw enough of him to see what's he's all about.... yeah, he had some good goal-scoring seasons in Dallas but that was playing with playmakers like Mike Ribeiro & Brad Richards and in a more offensive system....

so for those downplaying Iggy's departure, please stop it....  the B'S aren't just losing goals but they're losing a guy who knows how to score them....

I'm going to wait and see how Eriksson does without concussions before I judge him.  I believe he's going to have an awesome season.  I'll take Krejci and Bergeron over Ribeiro and Richards today.

"...the B'S aren't just losing goals but they're losing a guy who knows how to score them...."  That's just an odd statement.  If they weren't losing goals, they wouldn't be losing a guy who knows how to score them.  If the guy that was leaving didn't know how to score them, they wouldn't be losing goals.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

the difference is the Hawks have a couple of snipers like Kane & Sharp and have brought up some talented youth like Saad, unlike the B'S....

can't always expect to win 2-1 games....

as for Louii, concussions or not, i think we saw enough of him to see what's he's all about.... yeah, he had some good goal-scoring seasons in Dallas but that was playing with playmakers like Mike Ribeiro & Brad Richards and in a more offensive system....

so for those downplaying Iggy's departure, please stop it....  the B'S aren't just losing goals but they're losing a guy who knows how to score them....

I'm going to wait and see how Eriksson does without concussions before I judge him.  I believe he's going to have an awesome season.  I'll take Krejci and Bergeron over Ribeiro and Richards today.

"...the B'S aren't just losing goals but they're losing a guy who knows how to score them...."  That's just an odd statement.  If they weren't losing goals, they wouldn't be losing a guy who knows how to score them.  If the guy that was leaving didn't know how to score them, they wouldn't be losing goals.

[object HTMLDivElement]

i'll take Bergy & Krejci over the other two also, just saying Ribeiro & Richards are more creative offensively in terms of setting up linemates imo....  were at the time, at least....

as for Iggy, what i'm saying is it's easier to replace a pair of 15-goal scorers than a 30-goal scorer....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Without Iginla (and with Horton) in the strike shortened season, the Bruins ranked a respectable 11th in total offense (2.72 goals per game) despite a paltry powerplay (almost last in the league).  With Iginla (and without Horton) in the lineup the offense shot up to #3 in the league (3.18 gpg) with a powerplay that also ranked 3rd.

The B's will most likely fall somewhere in between those numbers next year if Iginla walks. The powerplay is much better not solely because of Iginla, but because of the maturity of Krug, Hamilton and the additions of Loui, Soderberg, and the realization that Krug/Hamilton and not Chara should not be at the top of it.   My guess is that if Iginla goes, Loui will get more than 17 min per game (3rd line minutes) and get somewhere between the min he got in Dallas (20 min per game) and Boston last year. As a result, his projected numbers should get a bump to minimize some of loss that Iginla would have provided.  

In short, the B's do not need Iginla.  They may want him (and I want him too) but they do not need him to be successful.

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

Without Iginla (and with Horton) in the strike shortened season, the Bruins ranked a respectable 11th in total offense (2.72 goals per game) despite a paltry powerplay (almost last in the league).  With Iginla (and without Horton) in the lineup the offense shot up to #3 in the league (3.18 gpg) with a powerplay that also ranked 3rd.

Perhaps you are forgetting they had Seguin who scored the second most goals for the team in that season. Say what you want about his ghostlike playoff performances, the guy put up points in the reg. season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

I did forget about Seguin.  So over the past 2 seasons--the Top 6

13-14    Iginla, DK, Lucic, Berg, March, R.Smith

12-13    Horton, DK, Lucic, Berg, March, Seguin

Projected 14-15 without Iginla...

14-15   Eriksson, DK, Lucic, Berg, March, RSmith

I predict....

Eriksson will be between 20-25 g if he plays in the Top 6

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I predict....

That 14-15 looks much weaker...almost pop-gun.

All relying on the "ifs"....if Eriksson can improve, if Smith improves. Status quo from these two is not going to get it done or its 09-10 all over again goal-scoring wise.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

I predict....

That 14-15 looks much weaker...almost pop-gun.

All relying on the "ifs"....if Eriksson can improve, if Smith improves. Status quo from these two is not going to get it done or its 09-10 all over again goal-scoring wise.

I do think it is a bit weaker. My concern is that we have always had 2 bangers amongst the Top 6 and Eriksson is not the banger that Iginla or Horton was.  But I also think that the offense will not be 09-10 either and here is why....

-----Offense from the back will get even better.  Krug & Hamilton are two of the best young D-men in the league in that regard.  Seidenberg will help once again.  Chara & Boychuk (if here) will also help. 

----Powerplay is way better.  See above.

----The B's finally figured out that Chris Kelly as a 3rd line center = no offensive production for his wingers.  Having Carl in that role helps big time.  More secondary scoring.  

----The B's players are more used to CJ's system than they were in 09-10.  

---

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's not like Eriksson has ever achieved 20-25 before, ever had to adjust to new centers during the middle of the season or had to come back from 2 severe head injuries. 

Starting to believe the biggest critic's of LouI never watched him in Dallas. Seguin fans, it seems, want to deflect horrible playoff numbers at all costs to justify there feelings on the trade. Some Bruins fans are acting like Eriksson is like 35 and had multiple bad seasons while healthy. LouI has one bad injury filled season and presto he's done.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

It's not like Eriksson has ever achieved 20-25 before, ever had to adjust to new centers during the middle of the season or had to come back from 2 severe head injuries. 

Starting to believe the biggest critic's of LouI never watched him in Dallas. Seguin fans, it seems, want to deflect horrible playoff numbers at all costs to justify there feelings on the trade. Some Bruins fans are acting like Eriksson is like 35 and had multiple bad seasons while healthy. LouI has one bad injury filled season and presto he's done.

Did you sleep through his miserable 2012-13 season or something? :)

Look even if Eriksson moves up that means someone has to replace him (and all his goal scoring prowess )on the third line. Who is that?

Cap reality:

Only $1.67 mill in current space. Add in Savard's $4mill and that is $5.67mill. Bs need to re-sign Krug, Smith, plus one other forward just to have a functioning team.

So, Smith and Krug at $2mill each (and that is being conservative) and let's say Florek or Fraser (both of which need to be resigned anyway) at $1mill and that is $5mill right there. so 670k for seasonal adjustments which is almost too low considering there are likely to be injuries along the way.

So?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Actually, the B's will need 2 forwards if/when Eriksson moves up to the first line and dominates....third and 4th line.

Uh oh....say goodbye to that remaining $670K

This is really tight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I think Boychuk will be moved. He's a decent D-man but the development of Hamilton and Krug should make up for much of what is lost if he goes for picks or prospects. There's only so much ice time to go around and Hamilton is already good enough for top 4 minutes. The other young D all have another year of experience now too. Sure, Miller and Bartko both have some holes in their game but I saw the same things in Boychuk when he first came up. Let someone else give him stupid UFA dollars.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I think Boychuk will be moved.  Let someone else give him stupid UFA dollars.

I think so too. Sucks but it just may have to happen. Unless of course PC pulls out a supertrade and completely fleeces an unwary GM and saves massive cap space in the process

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The B's will most likely fall somewhere in between those numbers next year if Iginla walks. The powerplay is much better not solely because of Iginla, but because of the maturity of Krug, Hamilton and the additions of Loui, Soderberg, and the realization that Krug/Hamilton and not Chara should not be at the top of it.   My guess is that if Iginla goes, Loui will get more than 17 min per game (3rd line minutes) and get somewhere between the min he got in Dallas (20 min per game) and Boston last year. As a result, his projected numbers should get a bump to minimize some of loss that Iginla would have provided.  

In short, the B's do not need Iginla.  They may want him (and I want him too) but they do not need him to be successful.

Agree because I think the remaining Bruins can pick up the slack along with a forward that PC Brings in. It is worth mentioning the PP, it will only get better with Hamilton and Krug maturing. 

I don't want Iginla to go but with his money PC will have more room when injuries occur. Eriksson's Dallas TOI are also worth mentioning. Then I can judge LouI next season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I am hoping Smith has a break out season. I am so impressed with him and really like the way he plays. I hope he can follow up on last year. He still will stay with Marchand and Bergeron and Loui does not move up so who plays the number one line? Unless you believe Kelly stays, Spooner gets in, and they have to juggle juggle juggle
    Bobby Orr, Ray Bourque, Patrice Bergeron traditions die hard in Boston

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Loui has had a +30 goal season before and three seasons in the high 20s. He should put up better numbers in 14-15.

As for PC, I think he's done enough already. Its the players who need to up their game especially in the playoffs. Time for Claude to crack the whip.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Loui has had a +30 goal season before and three seasons in the high 20s. He should put up better numbers in 14-15.

As for PC, I think he's done enough already. Its the players who need to up their game especially in the playoffs. Time for Claude to crack the whip.

Loui had 3 straight seasons of 70+ points in Dallas while going up against the opposition's best checkers. The guy can play. You're right that he should do better and I'm very confident that he will.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Loui had 3 straight seasons of 70+ points in Dallas while going up against the opposition's best checkers. The guy can play. You're right that he should do better and I'm very confident that he will.

Dez, does it drive you nuts that people aren't aware of this?  I honestly take pride in most of our group here.  We've assembled a really high level of info, interaction and conversation.

Then Eriksson comes up and it all goes to hell with so many people acting like he's Travis Green.  I can't wait for him to rip it up and all of the people who want him traded for a fifth round pick to suck it dry.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Dez, does it drive you nuts that people aren't aware of this?  I honestly take pride in most of our group here.  We've assembled a really high level of info, interaction and conversation.

Then Eriksson comes up and it all goes to hell with so many people acting like he's Travis Green.  I can't wait for him to rip it up and all of the people who want him traded for a fifth round pick to suck it dry.

Mostly I get surprised by how impatient the fan base has become since the Cup win. They hadn't won it in 39 years but now they're always expected to win. I'm just glad they ice a very competitive team every year without having needed any significant rebuilding phase.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Whoa, don't be takin' shots at Travis Green!!!

hahaha

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Hmmm....Travis Green had a 70 point season too :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Hmmm....Travis Green had a 70 point season too :)

Chris Kelly is a 20 goal scorer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

haha.....yep. He certainly is.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Trade Kelly for a draft pick.

Trade McQuaid for a draft pick.

LTIR Savard

That gives PC $10.2M to go to work.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

They hadn't won it in 39 years but now they're always expected to win. I'm just glad they ice a very competitive team every year without having needed any significant rebuilding phase.

Exactly,don't fans remember what it was like to be a B's fan? Before Julien arrived in Boston,along with Chara,it was one and out in the playoffs.I'm proud to say that now and since the Cup win the B's have been an upper echelon team.I have always been a staunch supporter of the B's,through the tough times,the not bad times,and now the great times.Fans that expect their team to win the Cup every year are just not realistic,this isn't fantasy league hockey,its tough to ice a competitive team every year,much less win it all.Enjoy this team B's fans,they have heart,guts and give it their all most nights,sit back and take it all in.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Trade Kelly, it will cost a draft pick and a team looking for the minimum cap . Kelly's career mirrors Ference, solid player who can be a sage for younger players, otherwise nada. PC is not creative at all. His tutelage as GM was to do form a team amongst talented players. A plus is the grade. Now he needs to let loose. Change using a talent gauge with age. He is a crossroads. I hope JJ does not hamstrung by PC! 

"Don't judge me monkey" 

Sections
Shortcuts