How Did Krug Look

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: How Did Krug Look

In response to bogie6's comment:

Krug does look like another hawgood which might be the problem in the Bruins scouting dept. How many similiar players have passed thru the Bruins, and are playing elsewhere. Bartkowski was supposed to be the first "BIG " d-man for the Bruins, and it has taken him 3 years to get here, and he's not that big or fast. He looked OK in his second game, but not in his first. Krug's speed looks very good against the current experienced guys who are fading due to prior injuries and years of service. I just re-read the THN's issue on depth, and there are a number of teams like Nashville etc. with more than a few 6'3 plus 20/21 year old D-men. Where are the Bruins scouts ? or, are they mesmerized by memories of Don Sweeney ??

Since PC took over they have drafted 11 defencemen, 8 of them have been 6' or taller.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Why that would be Carl Soderberg.

Giddy up BadHab....Carl is taking his sweet a** time getting here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I agree with you guys. Hawgood was a decent player for Boston. I'd be happy enough if Krug could even just be the next Don Sweeney.

Don Sweeney hit hard. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Don Sweeney could also bench press a farm animal

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Don Sweeney could also bench press a farm animal

2 chicken at a time. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You don't know that Krug is just a one dimensional player after one game. GMs, scouts and coaches don't base an evaluation around one play in front of the net, it's based over a whole game.

Boychuk and MacQuaid were given time but were brutal at times when they first came up.

I've seen him play several times. 

He will have to overcome his size by getting much stronger, but that might make him slower a la Brandon Bochenski.

He's played 3 games with Boston, with 2 assists. Where have you seen him play other than for Boston ? Wilmington ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

You don't know that Krug is just a one dimensional player after one game. GMs, scouts and coaches don't base an evaluation around one play in front of the net, it's based over a whole game.

Boychuk and MacQuaid were given time but were brutal at times when they first came up.

I've seen him play several times. 

He will have to overcome his size by getting much stronger, but that might make him slower a la Brandon Bochenski.

He's played 3 games with Boston, with 2 assists. Where have you seen him play other than for Boston ? Wilmington ?

I've seen him play in Providence a few times this year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

I don't remember how Krug looked the other nite because I was too drunk on mouth wash trying to get the rotten taste out of my mouth from being screwed over by Iggy. But from what I do remember he did all rite.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to brunod's comment:

I don't remember how Krug looked the other nite because I was too drunk on mouth wash trying to get the rotten taste out of my mouth from being screwed over by Iggy. But from what I do remember he did all rite.

I'm 100% sure that Krug would have had a better night had he not been a last minute call up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't remember how Krug looked the other nite But from what I do remember he did all rite.

I'm 100% sure that Krug would have had a better night had he not been a last minute call up.

That's fair