How Did Soderberg do today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

How Did Soderberg do today?

Wasn't able to catch the game. What are your first impressions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Re: How Did Soderberg do today?

Guys?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

He looked pretty good ..got lots of ice time , played on the PP ...thats the only positive for today ..he will be on our top 6 forwards next year and maybe in the playoffs..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Sorry for a late response but this thread seems to be difficult to log onto.

To answer your question, Sods was decent and did not look out of place. He had a few chances, especially near the end of the game.

We will better know what he can do after a few games under his belt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Looked good but may need some time to afjust to NA rules - hence his hooking penalty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Sorry for a late response but this thread seems to be difficult to log onto.

To answer your question, Sods was decent and did not look out of place. He had a few chances, especially near the end of the game.

We will better know what he can do after a few games under his belt.

Thanks JM. That's what I was curious about....did he look like he belonged out there. Sounds like he did. As you said, i'm sure he'll get even better with a few games under his belt. 

As for my post, I've noticed recently that each time I post now, my post is not immediately viewable as it was before. Not sure what's going on, but your comment on logging into the post makes me wonder what else is going on......strange.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

As for my post, I've noticed recently that each time I post now, my post is not immediately viewable as it was before. Not sure what's going on, but your comment on logging into the post makes me wonder what else is going on......strange.

There's been a lot of craziness on these boards since the bombings. Boston.com seems to be overloaded resulting in wrong accounts when logged in and delays in postings.

I am sure things will be fixed up soon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Sods played well today and was one of a very few bright spots for the Bruins today. He had some chances and played with Jagr and on the PP. There was little to cheer about in this game but the future looks good with this young man in the lineup because it looks like next year is the future for this lackluster Bruins team. He is a bit of fresh air with alittle fire added to the Bruins lineup and in a few games he should help us in some needed scoring and phyiscal play. To b honest it is not time for experiments on a fragile team but he fits in well and played better than most in a poor Bruins showing when it mattered most.

The Bruins are a better team with him in the lineup right now and gives them some size and better options on the PP. Any player who can add some fire to a lackluaster Bruins team has my vote. There is something wrong with this team and maybe some new blood can find a way to get them playing better, scoring would be a very good idea and sum good old Boston D would help alot. Go back to Basic Bruin Hockey ASAP.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

There's been a lot of craziness on these boards since the bombings. Boston.com seems to be overloaded resulting in wrong accounts when logged in and delays in postings.

I am sure things will be fixed up soon.

Overworked server(s) I guess. Glad to hear its not just me seeing the weirdness. I also noticed at one point that I appeared to be logged in as Cowboy9.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I thought Sods looked pretty good. He had a bunch of great passes snd seems to have good vision, hockey sense and knows what he wants to do with the puck before he gets it. He did seem to be shoved around a bit much for someone with some size, but that is just the difference between the SEL and the NHL, he should be able to adjust to the physicallity I hope. 

It was good to see his quick decision making though, makes me think he wont need much adjustment to the smaller rinks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Good stuff guys.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

he didn't look out of place... but the way this team is playing that is NOT a compliment. he didn't do much and he certainly didn't play with grit or a "mean streak" that many said he had in his game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

I thought he got knocked of the puck preatty easy for a big guy,but one game doesn't tell much.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Totally understandable but to me he looked a bit lost. Seemed to crowd Jagr a few times and took the puck away from him once. Didn't expect to see too much positive in his first game. Time will tell.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Totally understandable but to me he looked a bit lost. Seemed to crowd Jagr a few times and took the puck away from him once. Didn't expect to see too much positive in his first game. Time will tell.

This was my first impression as well.  It was his first game so I'm hoping he'll get better.  I thought he stole the puck from Jagr's stick twice.  When I saw that I said "This guy's got balls.  I guess he's not intimitated playing with Jagr".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Looked good but may need some time to afjust to NA rules - hence his hooking penalty.

My got not even the pens announcers thought that was a penalty.

He did get better as game went on. I hope to see this continue

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

The fact that he didn't stand out for all the wrong reasons, is pretty encouraging.  He'll make some blunders, and I don't expect he'll get a ton of icetime, or anything on the pp when playoffs start, but he'll get a real good look these last few reg season games.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

It's just a game, but it didn't announce like the guy is using his body. If it's the case, we don't need another Jordan Caron ! But time will tell...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

he did quite well, and will be a welcome addition to the Bruins. The small confusions are minor when you consider it took 10 games for Suter to adjust to the North Stars.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Totally understandable but to me he looked a bit lost. Seemed to crowd Jagr a few times and took the puck away from him once.

As a natural center I think Soderberg's instinct took over a little and he got out of position more than once. The one thing you don't want to do in front of Julien as a winger is stand around the net waiting for a pass like Murray before he got bought out a few years ago.

Me thinks Soderberg wanted to show his teammates he is willing to get into the corners and help out then got to close to Jagr. Once he made mince meat of the Penguins on the PP coming through the neutral zone so I hope Ward keeps him out there. I say once he gets more comfortable with North American play...look out. He just needs to fine those small open slots by the faceoff circles to set up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

I watched the game not with intent on focusing on the win but what bright spots we have for next year. I truly believe we are witnessing the ending of this lineup. They just look, Idk, old and dont have that aggressiveness the last 10 games. Whatever it is idk but I feel if they get past the 2nd round its a miracle but who knows maybe they are just saving their energy for a run in the playoffs. Soderberg looked better than Lucic and Horton combined all year. He was all over the place but the kid has legs and saavy with the puck. He also really clicked with Jagr. He took a dumb hooking penalty and was hungry for the puck all night , yeh he swiped it from Jagr once but it was one of those cycling plays that anyone but Jagr probably would have coughed it up. Is this kid better than a 3rd line center? Do you package Chara/Peverly for a solid 1st line winger and take over Hortons spot? The lines will be totally different next year cuz this kid is legit and Im really looking forward to seeing him with a full training camp under him.

Sections
Shortcuts