How easy you forget...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: How easy you forget...

In Response to Re: How easy you forget...:
    [QUOTE]Surprised to see how ok everyone is with a 1st round knock-out by a very mediocre Caps team. I get the good will of the Cup win from last year, but still very disappointed that they played that poorly in the 1st round. Not jump off the roof disappointed as in year's past, but still not happy.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    Crowls, happy isn't a word I'd use in this situation. My point is that after winning last year, it doesn't feel the same as when we were just tacking on 1 more year from '72.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How easy you forget... : Crowls, happy isn't a word I'd use in this situation. My point is that after winning last year, it doesn't feel the same as when we were just tacking on 1 more year from '72.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Agree dez.  I am able to take a more pragmatic approach to evaluating the 1st round failure, as compared the emotional responses of years past.  It does feel different.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]It looks more and more that last year was a fluke in Thomas' career -- I guess we should probably just feel lucky that we got that one Cup.
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]

You call it whatever you want , I've been watching the Bruins since the early 70s (kind of young for the 70-72 seasons) and I've never seen the performances Thomas has given us from his first Vezina to the shut out in game7 against the Canucks. No goalie !
    We're talking about over 40 years of goaltending. No, it's not a fluke !

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]Surprised to see how ok everyone is with a 1st round knock-out by a very mediocre Caps team. I get the good will of the Cup win from last year, but still very disappointed that they played that poorly in the 1st round. Not jump off the roof disappointed as in year's past, but still not happy.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

I don't think everyone is ok w/ the 1st rd knockout. I just think because of last seasons cup victory it just made it a little easier to turn the page after wed night.