How good are we?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: How good are we?

In Response to Re: How good are we?:
    In Response to Re: How good are we? : That's true Pauly.I'll certainly try to be less abusive as I do get caught up in it often myself.Cheers.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Give me a break!

If someone's kid is online and gets hurt feelings, someone's kid needs to get offline or get tougher feelings.

The topic is hockey.  We can't even swear here.  They hear things a million times worse on the bus (if Mommy let's them take it) and on the playground (unless they're in the sandbox with the girls).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: How good are we? : Give me a break! If someone's kid is online and gets hurt feelings, someone's kid needs to get offline or get tougher feelings. The topic is hockey.  We can't even swear here.  They hear things a million times worse on the bus (if Mommy let's them take it) and on the playground (unless they're in the sandbox with the girls).
    Posted by Not-A-Shot
    Spoken like someone who has never been laid before.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: How good are we? : Give me a break! If someone's kid is online and gets hurt feelings, someone's kid needs to get offline or get tougher feelings. The topic is hockey.  We can't even swear here.  They hear things a million times worse on the bus (if Mommy let's them take it) and on the playground (unless they're in the sandbox with the girls).
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I can only speak for myself when I say that I can be needlessly abusive sometimes.But what you say is a 100% true statement also so this hypocrite is getting out of this one.Cheers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Have to agree with NAS and DEZ. Whatever happened to dUINNE? Also BB used to have some thoughtful posts, but lately limits his time to sarcasm. It's a long season and the anticipation roght now is incredible as is the hockey. Chia has his hands full; Claude finally has learned to shorten his bench; cannot find much else to applaud in coaching decisions and preparation. REX on the point???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Bag licker

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Bag licker
    Posted by pauly1

This thread has gone completely off the rails..lol .To answer the OP's original question....are the Bruin's good...yes...are they as good as Detroit....not yet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: How good are we? : This thread has gone completely off the rails..lol .To answer the OP's original question....are the Bruin's good...yes...are they as good as Detroit....not yet.
    Posted by Beezfan4life

I agree.  We have almost everyone talking about a subject or two and one person talking about me.  I'm really not all that interesting of a subject!

To continue on with how good the Bruins are:  They're almost there.  Almost doesn't win Cups, however.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I guess we will find out tomorrow... everyone has a bad game from time to time and the good teams respond! GO BRUINS!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: How good are we? : This thread has gone completely off the rails..lol .To answer the OP's original question....are the Bruin's good...yes...are they as good as Detroit....not yet.
    Posted by Beezfan4life

The effort next game should give a better picture of where Boston stands against against the Wings.If they can win after last night's debacle,then I won't be so concerned.It's all about how they step up after a beating.They've been pretty good in that regard so far this year. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

The Bruins are a very good team, but they're not great - yet.  They need a consistent scoring winger who can pot about 30-35 goals on a consistent basis.  It doesn't need to be a stud, just someone who's consistent, unlike Ryder and Horton (Horton is inconsistent, but not for lack of effort).  They could use either a puck moving defenseman (I'm sure that's starting to get old) or a big shut down defenseman (alot like Chara.  For this, I like Regehr, but with the Flames in the playoff picture, it'll be hard to pry him out of there).  One more asset they could use is a good #2-3 center.  I liked Mike Fischer for that role, but Nashville scooped him up for much more than I anticipated. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Posted by Beezfan4life

LOL Bz I was just reading along and that's exactly what I was going to say after going through the last 10 posts.

What I wanted to say is Bruins just lost to the team I picked (at season start) to go to the final from the West.  Let's see what happens tomorrow.  If it's another mis-match then it's clear while the Bruins are a good team might not be a cup contender.   That can quickly change as SanDog mentions here with an addition or two.
    Tomorrow ,  after we saw the speed of the Wings, Julien will try to clutter them .Let's see if that works.

P.S. Mr Shot I thought you were taling about me with all your BS (and not bulls**t but my nickname)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Re: How good are we? : Spoken like someone who has never been laid before.
    Posted by pauly1

NAS can be a pain in the as$ sometimes, but that's a low blow.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: How good are we? : The effort next game should give a better picture of where Boston stands against against the Wings.If they can win after last night's debacle,then I won't be so concerned.It's all about how they step up after a beating.They've been pretty good in that regard so far this year. 
    Posted by dezaruchi

They have to get that puck from Datsyuk!  It's as if it's glued to his stick and he's covered in Crisco.  I hope Bergeron was watching him closely.  That's where he should want to be headed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: How good are we? : I agree.  We have almost everyone talking about a subject or two and one person talking about me.  I'm really not all that interesting of a subject! To continue on with how good the Bruins are:  They're almost there.  Almost doesn't win Cups, however.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot
    Your the one that got off topic first.... Oh I forgot that doesn't count.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I liked Mike Fischer for that role, but Nashville scooped him up for much more than I anticipated. 
    Posted by beantowngm15

What? I think a low 1st round pick for Mike Fisher is a steal!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: How good are we? : They have to get that puck from Datsyuk!  It's as if it's glued to his stick and he's covered in Crisco.  I hope Bergeron was watching him closely.  That's where he should want to be headed.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Yeah,no doubt Bergeron would like to model his game after Datsyuk's.I think that's where he is headed though.It seems he's getting his scoring touch back and still playing solid defensively so I don't think it's that big of a stretch to think he could eventually get to Datsyuk's level.He is only 25 so his best years are still ahead of him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Re: How good are we? : What? I think a low 1st round pick for Mike Fisher is a steal!!!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

Well I had figured he'd go for a decent prospect and a 2nd rounder, but I never guessed a first rounder.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: How good are we? : Well I had figured he'd go for a decent prospect and a 2nd rounder, but I never guessed a first rounder.
    Posted by beantowngm15

agree, I've always like the grit he brings game in and game out but that's another reason why he's injured so often.
    1st rounder (maybe ,  just maybe the Bruins 1st rounder )  still too much.
    And if Nashville makes the playoffs they get another conditional draft in 2012.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: How good are we? : What? I think a low 1st round pick for Mike Fisher is a steal!!!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

Gotta agree with that and the last few times Nashville played Detroit they impressed me. The Preds will be a force in the Western Conference playoffs now but I don't know if they can surpass Vancouver in a seven game series.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Glad to see we are back on the original intent. The Bruins IMO are a solid team with a few weak and replaceable parts. 1. they do not need Thornton even with his determination. Replace him with a better skater with more hockey skills and smarts. Chia is looking for a young, solid, capable defenseman, and may use PHILLIPS if noone bites on his Stuart/Boychuck plus #1 pick scenario. Something needs to be done with Boychuck, just too many poor passes. IMO Seguin needs to skate on the same wing in every game; either Bergeron and move REX to Hamill's line; or Hamill and Ryder; Wheeler's best slot is on Campbell's 4th line; they can add either Caron or Paille on the right side. This provides 4 skating lines, each with scoring potential. Adding a new Defenseman with skills should help overall.

Sections
Shortcuts