How is there no Kessel vs. John Scott thread yet?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: How is there no Kessel vs. John Scott thread yet?!

That transcript was hilarious.  I'm resisting saying which parts were especially good so I don't ruin them for others.

Are you not entertained?!?!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to marco0863's comment:

well fact is many have misjudged kessel especially Chiarelli. 

Oh for Christ's sake.  Just beat it, you f888ing loser.

NAS, I'm not sure if Marco intended it or not, but that was hilarious.  I laughed when I read it.

He's made about 3 arguments on this forum, Kessel, Gorton and the OHL (I think) and he's going to carry them for the rest of his life.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Kessel interview re: fighting Big Foot John Scott

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TR9oIiF4SE

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Oh come on shupe.  What you're sayiing is that it's ok for skill players to go around chopping away at goons, just because they're goons.  So now we have 2 sets of rules, one set for skill players who feel threatened, and another set for everyone else..  Phil could have just as easily turtled like Subban or Burrows would have.  To deliberately swing his stick like he did, even after others had jumped in to neutralize Scott, is cowardly, and clearly against the rules. He needs a suspension. 

I have no issue with a suspension. In regards to two sets of rules its been that way forever.  I have seen much worst.  He didnt want to turtle.  He wanted to hack him.  so he hacked him.  Scott was brought on the ice for a reason.  It was right after the kid hit his head.  He wasnt coming on to have a friendly chat.  Hes not a hockey player.  I dont want my 6 million dollar player getting a sucker punch.   it sure will be must watch tv when those 2 meet this year.  Orr and mclaren both got the better of scott last year.  I like the leafs.   Hope they do well this year.  

i have zero issues with this.  I would hope he would do it again.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Oh come on shupe.  What you're sayiing is that it's ok for skill players to go around chopping away at goons, just because they're goons.  So now we have 2 sets of rules, one set for skill players who feel threatened, and another set for everyone else..  Phil could have just as easily turtled like Subban or Burrows would have.  To deliberately swing his stick like he did, even after others had jumped in to neutralize Scott, is cowardly, and clearly against the rules. He needs a suspension. 

I have no issue with a suspension. In regards to two sets of rules its been that way forever.  I have seen much worst.  He didnt want to turtle.  He wanted to hack him.  so he hacked him.  Scott was brought on the ice for a reason.  It was right after the kid hit his head.  He wasnt coming on to have a friendly chat.  Hes not a hockey player.  I dont want my 6 million dollar player getting a sucker punch.   it sure will be must watch tv when those 2 meet this year.  Orr and mclaren both got the better of scott last year.  I like the leafs.   Hope they do well this year.  

You're all wet on this one shupe.  Any player who swings his stick at another is a coward and deserves a helluva lot more than a 3 preseason game suspension.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

You're all wet on this one shupe.  Any player who swings his stick at another is a coward and deserves a helluva lot more than a 3 preseason game suspension.

scott isnt a player.  He a goon-bully.  Well bully took a few hacks from mr stick.  I dont call that a coward.  I call that smart.  I wouldnt wanna turtle with that mass of non hockey player falling on me.  3 gms is fine by me.  I am willing to bet had vanek or hodgson lined up that doesnt happen. If kessel gets his head ripped off and is hurt then what.  I like his reactive approach to this fool.  Get him outta the league and this doesnt happen.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Well i will throw my 2 cents in.   I loved what kessel did.  Big goof comes on the ice after a terrible incident.  Says hes gonna do it.  Then attempts to.  What is phil to do.  Wait and let this guy hit him first.  I would have had no issue if phil broke his stick on this idiot.  clowns are supposed to fight clowns.  Kessel is their best player and a complete skill guy.  Leafs didnt have one of their clowns at the circus that night.  if some big bag of cr ap came after bergie i would want him to do the same thing.  I even loved that he went back and speared him just for good measure.  

Wow is there a lot of bad blood early in the pre season.  I love it.  Pure hate.  

Couldnt agree more. Why is John Scott on the team? Why did Buffalo sign him? I'd say they signed him, and people, please tell me if I'm wrong, they signed him in large part because they felt Lucic ran Miller, nothing was done, only to have Paul Gaustad respond by getting pounded in a fight with Lucic. Basically, he was signed to assure if any player was run, they now had an answer. Is going after Phil Kessel the right response? No, and i dont blame Kessel fo his reaction. I actually kind of liked it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Well i will throw my 2 cents in.   I loved what kessel did.  Big goof comes on the ice after a terrible incident.  Says hes gonna do it.  Then attempts to.  What is phil to do.  Wait and let this guy hit him first.  I would have had no issue if phil broke his stick on this idiot.  clowns are supposed to fight clowns.  Kessel is their best player and a complete skill guy.  Leafs didnt have one of their clowns at the circus that night.  if some big bag of cr ap came after bergie i would want him to do the same thing.  I even loved that he went back and speared him just for good measure.  

Wow is there a lot of bad blood early in the pre season.  I love it.  Pure hate.  

Couldnt agree more. Why is John Scott on the team? Why did Buffalo sign him? I'd say they signed him, and people, please tell me if I'm wrong, they signed him in large part because they felt Lucic ran Miller, nothing was done, only to have Paul Gaustad respond by getting pounded in a fight with Lucic. Basically, he was signed to assure if any player was run, they now had an answer. Is going after Phil Kessel the right response? No, and i dont blame Kessel fo his reaction. I actually kind of liked it.

Kelv.  I agree.  this idiot is there for one thing only.  Toronto didnt fire its goon squad on.  They put kessel on.  Scott intent isnt to score a goal bc thats hockey.  Had any person in the real world had someone that size coming after them what would you do.  Id grab the biggest metal pole i could find.  No difference here.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Comical boys, comical!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

Found the transcript of the Kessel hearing:  http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2013/09/phil-kessel-suspension.html

That's fantastic.  The hot tub tour bus made me LOL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Leafs - Stanley Cup Winners in 2????

I've read thru the comments and frankly I'm pretty impressed with the general support Kessel received from the regulars on this forum.  I thought based on history, he would get dumped on alot.  Shows me that the majority of the folks here are objective (unlike the garbage I read on the Leaf HR forums....).

My humble take.  I was proud of Kessel overall, but he had no business giving the 3rd wack.  Unfortunately he should had wacked the clown in the head the first time.    He deserved 3 games, probably deserved 1 regular season game too.  I had no problem overall with his reaction though.  Unfortunately Phil is slashing a bit too much these days and he needs to stop or he'll get a reputation. He's been a bit snarky in the preseason which is uncharacteristic.  Threw a few good ones in the lighweight division fight.    I think Kessel is going to have a big year though.  Look for a contract extention of 8 Million for 7 or 8 years.  He came of age against the Bruins in the plaoffs last year.

Clarkson, I love the guy, but he was stupid to come of the bench.  Scott was jumped by a couple of Leafs and all Clarkson did was talk him to death.  Dumb........Shanahan had no choice but to give him the 10 games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Don't the Bruins have that effect on some teams, kel?  Forcing them to acquire a set of figs?  I don't think we have to look any further than the Habs signing Prust a year ago then George Parros this off-season. Plus the Canucks getting Kassian after their encounter with Boston brawn in the finals.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Don't the Bruins have that effect on some teams, kel?  Forcing them to acquire a set of figs?  I don't think we have to look any further than the Habs signing Prust a year ago then George Parros this off-season. Plus the Canucks getting Kassian after their encounter with Boston brawn in the finals.

I think so. Certainly after they won a Cup with a line up of not, thugs but physical players. But I also think Montreal didnt like the fact that Shawn Thornton was pounding away on Roman Hamrlik a couple years back, Buffalo didnt like Lucic on Miller and Vancouver certainly knew the B's were the  more physical team.

Also, whenever I watch some of those hockey reality shows, Oil Change, Blues draft, CH24, I always see, to hear other teams G.M's and/or scouts referencing Lucic as the type of player they covet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

Kessel gets 3 games....  exhibition games that is....

what a farce....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

You go Phil -- If he knew then how easy a sentence it would be -- he could have maneuvered his way to only a few more games with a full blown Orchidectomy.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Kessel's becoming a bit of a fiesty fellow. He'd look really good on a line with Marchmant LOL. That said, he showed more jam in that 1 game than Seguin's shown in 3 years.

I think he lost a couple of Chicklets Fred--The Turk

The goal isn't for the Bruins to take a beating for the team, it's to cause the opponents to take a beating for theirs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

well fact is many have misjudged kessel especially Chiarelli. 

Oh for Christ's sake.  Just beat it, you f888ing loser.

NAS, I'm not sure if Marco intended it or not, but that was hilarious.  I laughed when I read it.

He's made about 3 arguments on this forum, Kessel, Gorton and the OHL (I think) and he's going to carry them for the rest of his life.

ok bad hab u got me

lets see now

my experience at a local bar ' thats a good topic

how about " anyone know where I can buy a set of hockey cards"

or " how about signing up Bieber"

yea thats more relevant truth is u hope u kno hockey u think u kno hockey but ur lost. Anytime u want to talk hockey in person surrounded by true hockey ppl.. I say u last about a sec.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

a goon should never go against a skilled player. Its  a players unwritten code. If so that skilled player will use any means to defend himself.  Skilled players popularize the sport and the goons should respect that. Scott has no reason to go after Kessel no matter the talk.If the Nhl was composed mostly of goons the league would go bankrupt so Mr. Scott thank guys like Kessel that u even have a well paying job

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Fans were cheering louder for that brawl than at anything Kessel's ever done. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Fans were cheering louder for that brawl than at anything Kessel's ever done. 

So true.  Lots of bad blood will make for some great hockey watching this year.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

a goon should never go against a skilled player. Its  a players unwritten code. If so that skilled player will use any means to defend himself.  Skilled players popularize the sport and the goons should respect that. Scott has no reason to go after Kessel no matter the talk.If the Nhl was composed mostly of goons the league would go bankrupt so Mr. Scott thank guys like Kessel that u even have a well paying job

And an unskilled writer should never go against someone who is literate.  It's an unwritten code in the forum.  If it happens, the literate person will use any means to defend himself.  Coherent and readable posts make the forum popular and unskilled writes should respect that.  Or try to write intelligibly, I say you last about a second.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Also, the "unwritten code" is the founding legislation of Clownville.  The only provisions of said code should be that you don't use your stick to attempt to injure, you don't use the ice or boards as a weapon, no kicking (skates, after all...) and no eye gouges or cup shots.

The code is redundant anyway.  The deterrent that should keep Scott from grabbing Kessel is Orr grabbing Vanek.  Or McLaren grabbing Myers.  I'll say it until I'm blue - if Thornton tunes up Crosby after the Cooke hit on Savard, the Penguins think long and hard about having that guy on the roster.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Also, the "unwritten code" is the founding legislation of Clownville.  The only provisions of said code should be that you don't use your stick to attempt to injure, you don't use the ice or boards as a weapon, no kicking (skates, after all...) and no eye gouges or cup shots.

The code is redundant anyway.  The deterrent that should keep Scott from grabbing Kessel is Orr grabbing Vanek.  Or McLaren grabbing Myers.  I'll say it until I'm blue - if Thornton tunes up Crosby after the Cooke hit on Savard, the Penguins think long and hard about having that guy on the roster.

I would have had no issue with ST grabbing Crosby.  Actually said it at the time.  However, if ST went after Crosby and Crosby said nut s to this eat my stick...i would have had no problem with this.  Clarkson was on hockey central today.  Said scott knew he did wrong and was apologetic.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Haha, very nice.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I would have had no issue with ST grabbing Crosby.  Actually said it at the time.  However, if ST went after Crosby and Crosby said nut s to this eat my stick...i would have had no problem with this.  Clarkson was on hockey central today.  Said scott knew he did wrong and was apologetic.  

Really, my only issue with guys who are overmatched using their sticks, is doesn't that licence the attacker to use his stick, too?  Thornton reaches for Crosby and starts to shed the gloves, but before he does, Crosby swings a 300 degree arc at ST's kidney height, so ST hangs on to the stick and gives Crosby a sharp thwack on the side of the knee, then uses the opening to move in and start punching.  Isn't that a foreseeable escalation if we allow for the smaller guy's stickwork?

Sections
Shortcuts