How long has everyone been a Bruins fan?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Re: How long has everyone been a Bruins fan?

i converted from  Rangers to  Bruins in the 1983-84  season.

first game at Boston Garden was Dec 1 1983. final score: B's 7 Vancouver 1. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: How long has everyone been a Bruins fan?:
    for me  i watched ron tugnuts 70 save game  and  i was hooked
    Posted by wolfwood

If I remember correctly, I think Bourque had 21 shots by himself in that game. That was a goaltending clinic Tugger put on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

for me  i watched ron tugnuts 70 save game  and  i was hooked
    Posted by wolfwood

i remember b's players lining up to shake his hand after the game....

i think Bourque alone had about 20 sog....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

Born in 1970 and a fan since...probably since i can remember the Habs and bruins 1975 series. long time for me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

i converted from  Rangers to  Bruins in the 1983-84  season. first game at Boston Garden was Dec 1 1983. final score: B's 7 Vancouver 1. 
    Posted by jerrynewyork

guess im one of the younger posters. same as u jerry around 83-84. thought pete peeters was the man. just to screw with me my father would say that keans was the starter and better and it would make me mad. Piersons pointers-brings back memories. he always wanted bruins to pick up the trailer haha. i wish i could of had an experience like most of u guys with 70s big bad bruins but to young had to settle for oates,neely and bourque era. with any luck my kids later on in my life will ask about chara.bergy and lucic cup team.one can only hope.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kruth. Show Kruth's posts

In the 1968-69 season, Phil Esposito played against a rookie Montreal goalie, Tony Esposito.  First game I ever watched-been a Bruins fan ever since.  By the way, the game ended 2-2, and Phil scored both goals

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In the 1968-69 season, Phil Esposito played against a rookie Montreal goalie, Tony Esposito.  First game I ever watched-been a Bruins fan ever since.  By the way, the game ended 2-2, and Phil scored both goals
    Posted by Kruth

yeah, i remember Tony O was a habnot before going to Chicago and he wore a dark mask which was uncommon back then....

big Phil always got the better of his brother....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Started rooting for the B's in 1974, largely because a friend did. I was going to a state college at the far western end of New York state, and lots of guys there were from New York City and Long Island because they wanted to get as far from home as they could but still go to a state school. Of course, those Islanders and Rangers fans hated the Bruins, as did the area's Sabres fans. Lots of memories of sitting around the TV, busting chops about hockey.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

1969.  Channel 38 and lots of snow.  Watching hockey is so much easier now.

Orr is my favorite.  Even Gretzky doesn't come close to the greatness of Bobby Orr.  And what a class act.

The Turk is my next favorite.  He kind of represents all of what hockey was back then.

Pie McKenzie.

Ray Borque.  By the time he started playing, hockey was a completely different game.

Not a clear #5 favorite.  I liked Cashman,Teddy Green, Gerry Cheevers with his scarred mask.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

For me, it was in the 1979-80 season when I was 6 years old. My cousin played 1 game with the Bruins that year as a back up goalie. Marco Baron is my cousin and so I discovered my love of hockey.  While I was enjoying watching my cousin play, I almost instantly idolized a certain "nifty" player. Rick Middleton was my first favorite hockey player and the rest, as they say, is history! 32 years and counting...
    Posted by Ronstar8

Marco was my first goalie coach; in my fist hockey school; in my hometown in NB! Awesome guy!!
     I Was born in 68. My dads friend gave me a Orr hockey stick & puck when I was 4! This would've been after the cup win in 72'. I took it every where with me!! My Dads friend was a Leaf fan, but he taught me to cheer for Orr. I was told as a 4 yr old. If I heard Orr's name on the TV i would stop & just look at the TV. My Dad said when Bobby scored a goal I lost my mind! My fondest memory was watching him in the 76' Canada Cup! Arguably the greatest hockey team ever assembled!  Even though he was so damaged, he still was amazing!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I'm 24 so I've only been watching for about 10 years and I get livid when they underachieve so I can't imagine having watched them for the last 40 years...

Must be infuriating...makes you appreciate what they have done so far this year that much more I guess...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

1969. Thirteen at the time so 31 years. Most living in Montreal so I have alot of scars!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Born and raised a Bruins fan. 17 years and counting. And I am never giving up on this franchise no matter what.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Re: How long has everyone been a Bruins fan? : guess im one of the younger posters. same as u jerry around 83-84. thought pete peeters was the man. just to screw with me my father would say that keans was the starter and better and it would make me mad. Piersons pointers-brings back memories. he always wanted bruins to pick up the trailer haha. i wish i could of had an experience like most of u guys with 70s big bad bruins but to young had to settle for oates,neely and bourque era. with any luck my kids later on in my life will ask about chara.bergy and lucic cup team.one can only hope.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold

Not sure I'd say you're one of the younger posters. I'm probably the youngest here at 17, and there's quite a few here who are in their 20's and early 30's.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I was 8 years old when this happened.  My first lasting Boston Bruins memory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAo46-Rpqiw

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

4 4 years, it was all ORR!

I am the youngest here, I will never grow past the age of 9, when it comes to hockey, the B's and ORR.

Win the cup for the oldest kid on the block.

Dated a girl from Parry Sound, just so I could visit the home of Bobby in 82?, can't even remember her name.lol

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

1955  when i was six years old..back to the days of horvath...boivin....grew up in a french community  in south east saskatchewan where everyone was a hab fan...one uncle despised the habs and seeing i spent a lot of time there i became a bruin fan...many dissapointments  as in the six team league bruins were usually last..but i never ever swayed from being a bruin fan  so many heart breaking loses so the sweep in 09 ..and then beating the habs again this year is my stanley cup...just so sweet ..hell may as well win the cup while were at it  lol..that would be great but to beat the habs  for me is the ultimate

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I've been a Bruins fan since 1978, so something like 65 years.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinBuff. Show BruinBuff's posts

I Started watching in the late 80's but I was little then. Die Hard around 92! So I don't remember watching the last Conf. Final apperance. The closeest to a championship run Ive ever seen was the P Bruins in 1999!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Saskatoon, Saskatcehwan...56yrs old...cheered for the Bruins around 1960, when they picked up an aging Dean Prentice. 

My dad was a Habs fan, my oldest brother a Blackhawk fan and then next brother a Red Wing fan.

All the school kids either cheered for the Leafs or the Habs, that left the Rangers and the Bruins.

Bruins weren't doing so good back then. Last place as I recall, but they were my team.

What helped was a cousin from Regina gave me ( i think they were Wheatabix) Bruin hockey cards. The complete set. I was a Bruin fan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

I liked them as a little kid because they were the Boston team. Hockey was hard to understand as a kid. Too me it was anyway and basketball(as a winter sport) was easier to follow and understand. Plus Fall River didn't become a hockey town(city) until the early 70's. By the summer of 1969 we had moved to Wellesley when my dad got a job in Boston and that coinsided with that great year 1969-70.  I was hooked at 12, plus Wellesley had hockey at every level from birth I think. What a year to really start following the game. I call that 69-70 team forever's team(with apologies to John Feinstein) Hockey went from my 4th favorite to my first. I get very emotional thinking of that year and the race for first place from late February until April 5th. 5 teams separated by a few points. And then those playoffs. I was shocked how we handled the Hawks so easy. I know the 71 and 72 teams were better but My favorite will always be the 69-70 team. We moved to Philly in 71 and hockey wasn't big but there were a handful of Flyer fans. Not many high school teams played but today almost every high school does and the Flyers are to thank in many ways. I started rooting against them once they got good(The Flyers) The whole fighting and goon thing kind of turned me off. Anyway it was the 69-70 team and moving to a hockey town that got me hooked. The 70 Bruins are on top right above the 90 and 03 Red Sox(67 I was a little young) and the 84 Celtics and 03 Pats. They(70Bruins) are my favorite Boston all time team even though baseball is my favorite sport now. Oh and who else moved to Philly at the same time?? Don Earle. Yep he became the Flyers announcer the year we moved. What an omen.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

From Jersey -- 59 yrs old and going on close to 50 yrs as a B's fan. Fav player O'Reilly. Back in early 70's -- before the days of cable -- used to drive up from Jersey after work and check into a motel in the outskirts of Boston -- watch a game on local Ch 29 WSBK -- then drive home in time to get to work the next morning.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

December 1, 1979, my fourth birthday and the first Bruins game I can remember watching.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsCupiN09. Show bruinsCupiN09's posts

ive been a fan my whole life, but i became a diehard fan in 7th grade. ive missed maybe 5-10 games since, even at family events id be pissed cuz i couldnt watch or listen to them. im only 18 so ive been a diehard around 5 years-6 years. and so far this is the most memoerable season ive witnessed so far.

Sections
Shortcuts