How Many Games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

How Many Games

Do you get you watch during the season? As a diehard Bruins fan of 40 plus years and living in the mountains of Colorado I still watch every game and have for all of my years as a fan. Thank goodness for Tivo as the games start here at 5 pm and there is no way I could leave my shop for real the time puck drop, I often find myself watching the games at around 8pm and I do not miss any. In any case I was just wondering how many games you get to watch during the season, your answer will not make you any more or any less a Bruins fan than anyone else, I'm just curious how many games you typically get to watch.

Go Bruins!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Re: How Many Games

Don't miss a game unless there is some kind of event for a friend or family member that I must attend. Any games I can't watch live I will listen to live on the radio from my phone or computer. I also tape any games I can;t watch live. I honestly can't remember the last time I didn't watch a game live or listen to it. Even in the teams worse years of my lifetime has been the same way. Alot changes in life good and bad but one thing I find great about watching the bruins is for the 2 and half hours or so is I just forgot about other stuff in life and enjoy watching the bruins. Funny last xmass my mom sent me a tape converted to dvd from when I was 5 and she had just got a cam corder and was trying to ask me questions finaly about 30 seconds in I yelled "MOM I AM WATCHING THE BRUINS GAME!" with an agry loud voice and stare lol
    Kinda neat hearing Fred's voice in the background and seeing me as a young chap with the semi mullet wich seemed to be cool in those times and the old school bruins tee on haha.

Also thanks to the strong am signal of wbz 1030 I was able to listen to many games up here at night in maine. The signal could be picked up here in the willy wacks of maine even during the day from my hunting camp. I wish they carried the games on the am channel instead of the fm 98.5. I would guess many people who live in New Brunswick could also pick up 1030n am.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Last two or three years seventy five plus. This year all of them so far. I also watch about thirty or forty (sometimes more) other NHL games each regular season, and a few college gaems.

In Response to How Many Games:
    [QUOTE]Do you get you watch during the season? As a diehard Bruins fan of 40 plus years and living in the mountains of Colorado I still watch every game and have for all of my years as a fan. Thank goodness for Tivo as the games start here at 5 pm and there is no way I could leave my shop for real the time puck drop, I often find myself watching the games at around 8pm and I do not miss any. In any case I was just wondering how many games you get to watch during the season, your answer will not make you any more or any less a Bruins fan than anyone else, I'm just curious how many games you typically get to watch. Go Bruins!!
    Posted by MrVmax[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I will miss the next 3 games the B's play because I am going to Michigan for the holidays. I too am thankful for Direct TV DVR. I will record all of them and watch them when I get home. The good thing is, they play the redwings this week, so the game will be on in Michigan. I usually start the games 45 min late anyway, when they are on, so that I can fast fwd through the intermissions. I have plenty on the DVR to watch, so that I can start games late. I watch every game when I can and record, to watch later, when I cant.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Rarely miss a game, been a fan for over 50 years, I remember years ago sitting in my car listening to i think was wbz radio games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Right there with ya' Vmax, literally.  The Center Ice package is the greatest thing since Chipotle.  I work normal business hours, so the 5:00 starts in CO require the use of tivo.  Then I come home, fast forward through commercials and intermissions, and catch up sometime in the 3rd period.  Usually I can watch games in about 90 minutes.  What an age!

To answer the question, I watch every game, with very rare exceptions.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

same as wally ...my best souvenirs on WBZ was the B's in the playoffs against the LA Kings (with Dionne-Simmer- Fox ) Bruins had won that series in 7 games ) with Center Ice I watch approx 35-50 games ..

Stanley Cup to the BRUNS in 2011-2012-2013

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to How Many Games:
    [QUOTE]Do you get you watch during the season? As a diehard Bruins fan of 40 plus years and living in the mountains of Colorado I still watch every game and have for all of my years as a fan. Thank goodness for Tivo as the games start here at 5 pm and there is no way I could leave my shop for real the time puck drop, I often find myself watching the games at around 8pm and I do not miss any.
    Posted by MrVmax[/QUOTE]

Do you have a shop in Breck?  I was just up there milling around the shops...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Been a fan for 40 years and when I was a kid I would watch or listen to every minute of every game. Back in the day not every game was on TV. Especially when they went on the west coast trips. I would sit in my room with the radio in my hand and listen to Bob Wilson (he always started with "Hi again everybody. Bob Wilson here and Johnny Bucyk is alongside....)Those games would start late also so there was alot of work involved trying to keep my parents from knowing I was up late for the games. The B's would play against Calgary at the old Calgary Corral (half the size of a regular arena and the boards were alot higher) and I would try to imagine what it all looked like based on Bob's description.

These days I have commitments with family and work so I probably get to watch 60 games or so live. No matter what I always have the phone to keep me up to date with whats going on from minute to minute. Thank God for the DVR. I'll be honest, if I miss a game I will DVR it. If the Bruins lose the game I will erase and not watch it. I cant stand the thought of watching a game when I know they have lost.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I watch most games. Last year I had Center Ice and I think I watched almost every single one. I was pumped for the season with Horton, Seguin and Campbell coming in and filling the team's shortcomings and I knew they could have beaten the Flyers and been in the conference final (or cup final) had Krejci not been hurt.  From the moment I saw Thomas in his ghost-white pads in game two of the season I felt that something special was going on and I barely missed one after that. This season I expected the cup hangover and kinda had one myself so I've missed a few. I also play hockey Thursday nights and miss the games and afterward the guys always want to hit the pub and get wings. DVR does me no good because the end/highlights are on every screen. I think I'll be ordering Center Ice soon, especially when the matinees start.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: How Many Games:
    [QUOTE]Don't miss a game unless there is some kind of event for a friend or family member that I must attend. Any games I can't watch live I will listen to live on the radio from my phone or computer. I also tape any games I can;t watch live. I honestly can't remember the last time I didn't watch a game live or listen to it. Even in the teams worse years of my lifetime has been the same way. Alot changes in life good and bad but one thing I find great about watching the bruins is for the 2 and half hours or so is I just forgot about other stuff in life and enjoy watching the bruins. Funny last xmass my mom sent me a tape converted to dvd from when I was 5 and she had just got a cam corder and was trying to ask me questions finaly about 30 seconds in I yelled "MOM I AM WATCHING THE BRUINS GAME!" with an agry loud voice and stare lol Kinda neat hearing Fred's voice in the background and seeing me as a young chap with the semi mullet wich seemed to be cool in those times and the old school bruins tee on haha. Also thanks to the strong am signal of wbz 1030 I was able to listen to many games up here at night in maine. The signal could be picked up here in the willy wacks of maine even during the day from my hunting camp. I wish they carried the games on the am channel instead of the fm 98.5. I would guess many people who live in New Brunswick could also pick up 1030n am.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]
    Yes, we certainly could. It was awesome hearing Freddy when Brad Park scored that game 7 OT goal against the Sabers in 83. I watch probably close to 75 games. This season has been tougher though, because I'm Fort Mac & my shift doesn't end till 530 & it's about 610 by the time I get back to camp. Get my laptop hooked up & find a link. So if any of my buddy's on here can remember to send me a link at the start of every game. I'd be forever grateful. Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Fletch, I own a carpet and tile company in Breck, let me know the next time you are in the mountains and perhaps we can get together for a game at Erics in Breck.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ha long live Chipotle Fletch LoL and yes the Center Ice package is da bomb!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Takes a serious occasion for me to miss a game!  I have the package up here in Peterborough Ontario!  I have been known to bring a small TV to the rink when I play Lacrosse and put it in the Penalty box during playoff time!  CBC! People up here think Im not all hooked up! LOL  Love my Bruins!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochesternybruinfan. Show rochesternybruinfan's posts

been a bruins fan since 1970.    Used to listen to games on the radio whenever i could growing up (  Am radio and I lived far away....would come and go but I got to listen to 70 % of it.lol)   When i married, we splurged and bought one of those 10' satellite dishes and we used to watch the feeds for free  (very funny listening to Fred and Derek during commercial breaks)  Then came Directv and I don't think I've missed more than 10 games in the last 15 years

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: How Many Games:
    [QUOTE]Fletch, I own a carpet and tile company in Breck, let me know the next time you are in the mountains and perhaps we can get together for a game at Erics in Breck.
    Posted by MrVmax[/QUOTE]

Cool.  Will do.  Don't make it up there too much, but a friend has a cabin in Alma that we try to get to once a year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Thanks for the posts folks, I'm glad to be part of a great fan base supporting a great organization.

Sections
Shortcuts