How many seasons?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

How many seasons?

Before the B's make adustments to their power play

It seems like this lame power play has been going on for a long time

They need to watch the Flyers in their last game against the Penguins

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: How many seasons?

They have every piece for the PP except a PMD.... maybe Doug Hamilton will be the answer eventually.

Gotta figure as long as they're a playoff team we will see the same PP coach, unfortunately.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: How many seasons?:
    They have every piece for the PP except a PMD.... maybe Doug Hamilton will be the answer eventually. Gotta figure as long as they're a playoff team we will see the same PP coach, unfortunately.
    Posted by Bisson1

Ah yes, the PMD.  Like the one they have in Edmonton that made the Oilers the third best powerplay team, or the guy on the Islanders that put them at seventh on the list, right?

The problem isn't with the players, but with the design. 

If the Bruins had seven more powerplay goals over the course of the 82 game season, they'd have finished with the fourth best powerplay in the league. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: How many seasons? : Ah yes, the PMD.  Like the one they have in Edmonton that made the Oilers the third best powerplay team, or the guy on the Islanders that put them at seventh on the list, right? The problem isn't with the players, but with the design.  If the Bruins had seven more powerplay goals over the course of the 82 game season, they'd have finished with the fourth best powerplay in the league. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Corvo has been an utter fail, doesn't even get regular time on PP.  Seems like the challenge is finding a solid PP d-man (PMD?) that isn't terrible in his own end.  You may not like the term PMD, but Seidenberg as a regular on the PP is not the solution.

I for one, will welcome the attempt at the Torey Krug era with open arms.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: How many seasons? : Corvo has been an utter fail, doesn't even get regular time on PP.  Seems like the challenge is finding a solid PP d-man (PMD?) that isn't terrible in his own end.  You may not like the term PMD, but Seidenberg as a regular on the PP is not the solution. I for one, will welcome the attempt at the Torey Krug era with open arms.
    Posted by Crowls2424

But how would you explain Edmonton and the Islanders being at the top of the list if the remedy for a poor powerplay is a PMD?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: How many seasons? : But how would you explain Edmonton and the Islanders being at the top of the list if the remedy for a poor powerplay is a PMD?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Agree.  Not a one-size-fits-all solution, probably point to their fire power up front; Hall, Eberle & RNH.  Those three are highest PP TOI/GP on the Oilers.  For the Bruins it was Peverley, Chara & Seidenberg.

You happy seeing Seidenberg out there? 
    - Averaged 2:36 PP TOI/game, over 208 minutes for the year
    - no goals, 8 assists for the year

At least Chara was 8-10-18, team leader in PP goals, assists and points.  For the current group, I would want Seguin out there on every PP chance they get (2nd in PP points/ 6th in PP TOI/GP).  Disappointed that he was not on the ice for the 4-3 in game 1.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I took notice on the Flyers PP,  their system once set up in the offensive zone is to move the puck fast.  They hardly ever hesitate and if they do it's for a fake shot that throws off the blocker.  At times they don't even stop the puck, it's continuously moving till they get a clean shot.
    Bruins on the other hand play the puck to slow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

I took notice on the Flyers PP,  their system once set up in the offensive zone is to move the puck fast.  They hardly ever hesitate and if they do it's for a fake shot that throws off the blocker.  At times they don't even stop the puck, it's continuously moving till they get a clean shot. Bruins on the other hand play the puck to slow.
    Posted by BsLegion

Keeping the puck moving like that allows them to get their players closer to the net and keeps the defense on their heels. The puck and the players are in constant motion . It will be interesting to see how NY adjusts to that style

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

The PP is invisible no positioning, can't keep the puck in the o zone, easy saves for Holtby, no net presence, no open lanes for d shots. Chara and Seguin is the PP, need to get the shooting lane open get the kid Holtby to give up rebounds. All a team needs is hot goalie and Holtby's luck will run out once the Bruins make a net presence and start fuc.......king screening the kid Thornton and Lucic where are you, get in his face, snow face every chance, start chirping in his face Marchand, get physical with the Wsh. d men around the blue paint I have not seen this so far. Time for the Bruins to be bullies around the kid goalie. He is a flipping third string netminder he is not that good. The B's are just making it easy for him.

All the play play and analysis for hockey are saying he is in his game. Yes he is because the Bruins are making it that way. I also notice the bruins shooting is .5 seconds behind giving the caps time to block shots. Yes I in raging mood at the moment but so far the Bruins playoff hockey has not shown me 100%.

The reality Hamilton is not playing for the Bruins he is playing for the Niagara Ice Dogs my home town team bringing them one step closer to a championship and hopefully a shot at the Memorial Cup. Actually both the St. Catharines'  junior b and junior a teams are contending for the major championships. Hockeyville in St. Catharines is back again and I am loving it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The PP is invisible no positioning, can't keep the puck in the o zone, easy saves for Holtby, no net presence, no open lanes for d shots. Chara and Seguin is the PP, need to get the shooting lane open get the kid Holtby to give up rebounds. All a team needs is hot goalie and Holtby's luck will run out once the Bruins make a net presence and start fuc.......king screening the kid Thornton and Lucic where are you, get in his face, snow face every chance, start chirping in his face Marchand, get physical with the Wsh. d men around the blue paint I have not seen this so far. Time for the Bruins to be bullies around the kid goalie. He is a flipping third string netminder he is not that good. The B's are just making it easy for him. All the play play and analysis for hockey are saying he is in his game. Yes he is because the Bruins are making it that way. I also notice the bruins shooting is .5 seconds behind giving the caps time to block shots. Yes I in raging mood at the moment but so far the Bruins playoff hockey has not shown me 100%. The reality Hamilton is not playing for the Bruins he is playing for the Niagara Ice Dogs my home town team bringing them one step closer to a championship and hopefully a shot at the Memorial Cup. Actually both the St. Catharines'  junior b and junior a teams are contending for the major championships. Hockeyville in St. Catharines is back again and I am loving it.
    Posted by boborielly224

My home town Sea Dogs are keeping the Memorial Cup.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

points: Chara, Seidenberg; up front: Bergeron, Krecji and Seguin....that's my power play. Peverly has not been good since returning from his injury, and Rolston is easily taken off the puck. Corvo is just a frenetic mess and Lucic is a waste of space on the PP. You got to go with guys who can precision pass and move the puck. You can't split up the d-man pair, so go with those 2 and the big 3 on offense. That's what I would do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I don't know what the answer is, but its simply embarrassing and it gives the other team a lift.  I know the Bruins dont have the skill to run a PP like Detroit or Pitt, but I watch the 2 PPs within the game... Wash Vs Bos... and even when Wash fails, they are throwing the puck around the periphery with authority and always seem to set up a few decent shots. Its confident and aggressive.

The Bruins meekly stumble over the blue line, struggle to keep it in the zone, take shots from the blue line that are either blocked, wide, or so easily handled by the goalie (with no in-front presence) that any jerk in my Sunday night league could stop them.  Sometimes they hold the puck so long you'd think they get charged a fee for each shot.  You would think they were setting up a high percentage shot. LOL.

Honestly, I cringe when the B's go on the power play. Id rather not see them get one unless its late in the game where they could use the time to protect a lead.

I know, I know it didnt hurt them last year. But how can a team worry about getting penalties against the B's at this point?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

They have every piece for the PP except a PMD.... maybe Doug Hamilton will be the answer eventually. Gotta figure as long as they're a playoff team we will see the same PP coach, unfortunately.
    Posted by Bisson1

See this is what bugs me.  Why pretend the team cannot be improved? Its like saying "they won (last year, last week or last night) so how can you complain about anything?"  The PP is a nightmare and should be improved.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

This team doesn't treat the PP as a game changer, which is exactly what it is, obviously. It's like they take pride in scoring 5 on 5 goals over on the PP. This team has more frigg1n scoring chances on the PK than the PP. I'M GETTING SICK OF IT. IT'S RIDICULOUS. We have the talent/skill, but the plan is just idiotic. It's very simple: look at the most successful PPs in the league, insert your most similar players, SCORE GOALS. THAT SIMPLE.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Their power play stinks because they refuse to keep the puck down low. Too much reliance on the point men, too many shots from the point, some are blocked and the ones thast make it through gethandled easily. I can see this from my living room, why is nothing being done about it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Puck movement and player rotation = goals. It's not rocket science. Bruins get into position and pass around the perimeter. Other teams move their feet, caryr the puck into space, drive to the net and...well....just generally move a lot more.

Sections
Shortcuts