How many turnovers has Andrew Ference committed tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

How many turnovers has Andrew Ference committed tonight?

6? 7? 8?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Re: How many turnovers has Andrew Ference committed tonight?

I'm sure people will talk about how Chara's instigator penalty hurt the team's success the most, but without looking at the stats I'm guessing Ference is a -3. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He's been having a tough time lately.  Hopefully he'll pull out of it.  If not, there are a couple of guys in Providence who can play at least as well and don't have expiring contracts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I think Andrew will not be in beantown next October.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

I think Andrew will not be in beantown next October.

Yup.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Let's spread the wealth around folks. All the defenders and some forwards gave the puck away tonight.

I don't think Ference should get special dispensation here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Ference is struggling defensivley, has a good game then has two bad ones. Been the trend for a while now. On the other side though, Ference and Seidenberg have to start getting the puck through to the net. Unreal how many of their shots are blocked.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to TitleTown11's comment:

I'm sure people will talk about how Chara's instigator penalty hurt the team's success the most, but without looking at the stats I'm guessing Ference is a -3. 

Unfortunately there were others on the ice at the time less valuable than Chara who could have taken care of business. Bottom line -- if refs call the crosscheck delivered to TS -- this game may have had the same result but with a lot less cheap stuff on both sides. Refs need to send a message early when these 2 teams come together. B's killed off a good part of a 5 on 3 and couldn't keep the puck out 5 v 5. Worst part is that Budaj has been a horrid golie most of his career but came up pretty big tonight. Habs showed some courage tonight -- They continue to worry me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

Let's spread the wealth around folks. All the defenders and some forwards gave the puck away tonight.

I don't think Ference should get special dispensation here.

Got to agree with you,terrible defensive game by a lot of players

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

Ference was just one of many goats tonight.  

Don't let Rask off the hook.  He stunk it up in the 3rd.

I don't care how physically stronger the Bs are, the Habs are going to be their biggest headache in the playoffs.

I wouldn't blame Rask he has saved them most games this year,defence doesn't clear people out in front of net,last Montreal goal.five Bruins in front of net,and Montreal player gets his stick on puck.Montrael just out worked Bruins in front of net ,nothing fancy,good forchecking cycling the puck,lots of bodies in front of net,typical Bruin hockey,but i really haven't seen much of it so far,I no they have a great record so far,but i think most of that has been Rask.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Ference was absolutely brutal tonight. He needs a wake up call.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ah McQuaid was brutal, Boychuk was brutal.  Individuals don't lose games, the team did not play well.  1st line was brutal.  Tuuka was average.  Montreal won the battles, maintained a game plan (albeit Oscar winning performances), and with hard work leading to lucky goals.  Brutal was the execution by the Bs team.    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

True that.  Rask has been absolutely standing on his head so far this season.  The D discipline is lacking.  Teams like the Habs that can skate and move will create havoc in front of the net.  ANd voila....

A lot of the loss tonight also had to do with the Bs just completely losing focus after the Habs got under their skins.  The Bs have a tendency to do this.  

Last year, too, when the Canucks came to Boston in January, played cheap shot hockey, and the Bs' November/December winning roll went out the window for 2 months.  They recovered it by late March.  This is the kind of stuff they need to nip in the bud and go out and win the next 2.

How many threads are you going to post this in?  I have always read and respected your opinion, but Jesus Christ, go take a coulpe of Xanax, will ya?

They lost.  It happens.  The world doesn't come to an end. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Ah McQuaid was brutal, Boychuk was brutal.  Individuals don't lose games, the team did not play well.  1st line was brutal.  Tuuka was average.  Montreal won the battles, maintained a game plan (albeit Oscar winning performances), and with hard work leading to lucky goals.  Brutal was the execution by the Bs team.    

Hey Isla, you know what time it is?  You know what time it is?  You know what time it is?

Honestly, if the B's can play this poorly (I don't think it was this bad, but others here clearly do) and lose by one, then all is well in Bruins Fan Land.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

OK, so the Habs have decided to cheap shot their way to a win. Don't blame Chara, he just felt "enough is enough". Therrien has added all that cheap stuff that Don Cherry called 'Swedish/Euro hockey. However, as mentioned in the past few weeks, Ference and Seids have lost some of their skills. They are experienced, but, without Chara's help, younger players are outskating and outmuscling them more frequently. Using Thornton didn't help in any way last night; Bourque wouldn't have been any better; and Kreji/Horton had their worst games yet.  Rask never saw Pacioretty's shot because the Bruins D is not moving players out of the crease area. this game showed the Bruins "warts" and now Peter needs to provide some changes, and Claude has to eliminate his commitment to Thornton and Bourque. Pandolfo is an improvement over either or both, but he's not the answer. time to go to work Peter.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Montreal was not as bad as they were last year.  So the Bs match up is back where it was a few years back.  Two styles of play.  The Bs turn over the puck more in the match up.  Way too much for winning hockey.  I thought the Bs played well in stretches.  The first line was just not able to handle the Montreal forecheck.  The defense was being pinched, the transitioning of the puck up ice was poor.  Poor team effort in that regard.  The Bs are a better team than what I saw last night in a quick synopsis.  The regular season is not the right TIME, true enough.  

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to islamorada's comment:

Hey Isla, you know what time it is?  You know what time it is?  You know what time it is?

Honestly, if the B's can play this poorly (I don't think it was this bad, but others here clearly do) and lose by one, then all is well in Bruins Fan Land.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

I thought the Bruins did a little bit of a lot of the things being discussed here. More turnovers than usual? Sure. They were also getting forechecked HARD by the Habs. Did Tuuka play down a little bit? Yep. Did the 1st line have a dip in production? Yep. Hard not to with Lucic in the box half the night. With all that said, an off night by the Bruins and a 1 goal loss to a decent Habs team, the world is not ending.

Sections
Shortcuts