How much better will Seguin be this year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

How much better will Seguin be this year?

Im not expecting a season like Stamkos had but I wouldnt be surprised if this kid put 25 goals in this year.  I think he will be a top 6 forward stats wise on our team this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: How much better will Seguin be this year?

if he follows the marchand learning curve...and i hope he does, the b's will be awfully tough to match up with both offensively and defensively. a 20+ goal season is definitely within the realm. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

He's publicly admitted his weaknesses.
    He is working on them.
    Check the videos of him at biosteel.
    Note that he's been to biosteel 2 years in a row.
    Note what he looked like in his first 10 games, and note what he looked like in the playoffs.

He has great talent.
    He has speed.
    He has great dedication.

Look out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If he gets 15+ minutes a game, including some good powerplay time, he'll have 25-20-45 this season.  Next year?  40-40-80.

And before Sandog jumps down my throat for predicting stuff (because I never do), this isn't a prediction.  This  is what I expect from him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

BadHab, How much does BioSteel pay Seguin to be there ? I'm glad to see Tyler working hard in the off season but it's no mistake that videos of all those NHL players are immediately pumped up on the web after each workout otherwise the only video hockey fans would see of Tyler working out would be from a BU sorority sister camera phone.

Good assessment NAS nothing more too add as I was whining all last season for Seguin to get more TOI. Julien has no excuses this year, ZERO for limiting Tylers minutes!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

The Biosteel stuff is just a sponsored thing that Gary Roberts gets involved with. It's a win-win for him and Biosteel in terms of marketing. Seguin and the others have been training with Roberts over the summer, not just the week at the Biosteel sponsored camp.

If Seguin gets more ice time, he'll definitely be in the 20-30 goal range. Chiarelli said earlier in the summer that he would definitely be seeing more ice, but that remains to be seen. There will be a dogfight for Bergeron's wing slot between Seguin, Caron, and Peverly, and possibly throw Knight and Spooner in there. Hopefully Seguin nails it. If not, I wouldn't mind seeing Kelly, Peverly and Seguin on a third line, with Caron on Bergeron's wing. We could roll three very effective scoring lines that are all defensively responsible, plus Campbell, Paille and Thornton wreaking havoc and scoring the odd goal. That will be tough for teams to shut down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Caron on the second line?  He of the 23 career NHL games, most spent on the fourth line? 

Who do you think he is?  Marchand?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: How much better will Seguin be this year?:
    The Biosteel stuff is just a sponsored thing that Gary Roberts gets involved with. It's a win-win for him and Biosteel in terms of marketing. Posted by bear-in-the-woods

Do you think having Price, Stamkos, Cammalleri, Schenn and Seguin attached to BioSteel helps or hurts the product sales ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

If Seguin gets off to a good start in the top six slot.  He will in turn recieve alot of PP time and therefor could score 30 goals!
    I will go out on a limb and say he gets 32g 33a 65pts this year!
    To much talent and speed in the regular season!  Not to mention that he wont be up against the best 2 Defensmen on the opp!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

If he gets 15+ minutes a game, including some good powerplay time, he'll have 25-20-45 this season.  Next year?  40-40-80. And before Sandog jumps down my throat for predicting stuff (because I never do), this isn't a prediction.  This  is what I expect from him.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I'm expecting 50-55 points from Seguin this year but won't be shocked if he slides 10 points in either direction.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

If he gets 15+ minutes a game, including some good powerplay time, he'll have 25-20-45 this season.  Next year?  40-40-80. And before Sandog jumps down my throat for predicting stuff (because I never do), this isn't a prediction.  This  is what I expect from him.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I couldn't agree with this post more.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

This time last year we were all bummed out that we did not get Taylor Hall.  amazing how things have changed.  Could Seguin get more points than Hall this year?  Maybe.  They could both be in the 60-zone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

His talent level is off the charts, speed and skill on the highest level. He still has a long way to go. What he needs can't be found in the gym...ask Blake Wheeler.

I would really like to see him get some ice time with Thornton and Campbell. It would do him a world of good to play with that energy while feeling secure. If he ever develops some physicality in his game, he could become a real force. Doesn't have to play like Lucic - but he does have to play like Bergeron before he reaches his potential. Not there yet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

My prediction : Tyler Seguin 28G  33A  62points...minimum acceptable

and by the way ..Ben Pouliot :25G  27A  52 points (4 of those goals againt Mtl)

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

This time last year we were all bummed out that we did not get Taylor Hall.  amazing how things have changed.  Could Seguin get more points than Hall this year?  Maybe.  They could both be in the 60-zone.
    Posted by BorisTheGorilla

I wasn't included on your list of those who were bummed out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by BorisTheGorilla

I don't remember being disappointed.

Anyone else?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

It's hard to be disappointed right away with a number 2 pick, but I personally never thought we had a shot at Hall and was more than happy to take Seguin at 2...

Also, if Seguin gets top 6 mins and doesn't put up 20 goals, I will be pissed...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: How much better will Seguin be this year? : I don't remember being disappointed. Anyone else?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Actually I was hoping for Hall and was a little disappointed when the Oilers selected him.

But how can a person complain when his team gets a kid with the talent of a Seguin ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: How much better will Seguin be this year? : I wasn't included on your list of those who were bummed out.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Guilty ! I was.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It all depends on the pairings and ice time, right Claude!Cool Either Bergie's wing or 3rd line center with ice time equal for all 3 lines. IMO, and I know I'm a minority, replacing Thornton could make this Bruins team a 4 line speed/shoot/ offensive  unit unlike any previous Bruins team, or for that matter, any previous NHL team. It's probably not logical as far as scoring goes, but a more skilled fourth line could free up more scoring for the other three lines, especially Bergeron's. Pouliot could be one of the key players as he is big, fast and promisd more when he was drafted. Caron is another key as he showed in early 2010. This should be an interesting pre-season

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: How much better will Seguin be this year? : Guilty ! I was.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Not me Chowdah. I figured PC was resigned to the idea of drafting whichever player the Oilers didn't. Both teams were going to get an outstanding young talent so I felt it was a win-win scenario for both teams.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: How much better will Seguin be this year? : Not me Chowdah. I figured PC was resigned to the idea of drafting whichever player the Oilers didn't. Both teams were going to get an outstanding young talent so I felt it was a win-win scenario for both teams.
    Posted by dezaruchi

You're right but it was no secret that I liked Hall better.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: How much better will Seguin be this year? : You're right but it was no secret that I liked Hall better.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I'll admit that I was more familiar with Hall's game and liked what I saw from him. Regardless, PC's choice was made for him......whoever the Oil didn't take. Anyone who thinks PC should've got someone else(Skinner?) is out of their mind. Picking anyone other than Seguin would've put PC's job in jeopardy(and rightly so).

Sections
Shortcuts