How much better will Seguin be this year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: How much better will Seguin be this year?

In Response to Re: How much better will Seguin be this year?:
    In Response to Re: How much better will Seguin be this year? : I'll admit that I was more familiar with Hall's game and liked what I saw from him. Regardless, PC's choice was made for him......whoever the Oil didn't take. Anyone who thinks PC should've got someone else(Skinner?) is out of their mind. Picking anyone other than Seguin would've put PC's job in jeopardy(and rightly so).
    Posted by dezaruchi

Yep. Almost everyone who had an opinion on the top two players picked in the draft had Hall-Seguin....Seguin-Hall .......not Hall-Seguin or Skinner. 

Where are the people that use hindsight as criticism when the event actually occurs ?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: How much better will Seguin be this year? : Yep. Almost everyone who had an opinion on the top two players picked in the draft had Hall-Seguin....Seguin-Hall .......not Hall-Seguin or Skinner.  Where are the people that use hindsight as criticism when the event actually occurs ?  
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Yep, I don't remember anyone on draft day proposing we draft someone else.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Seguin will likely be much, much better than last year.  He will play more, and score a lot more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: How much better will Seguin be this year? : You're right but it was no secret that I liked Hall better.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Count me in on this also. I felt the Bruins needed a natural winger over a center although I have no regrets with Bruins ending up with Seguin.
    He should get more ice-time and score anywhere between 20-25goals.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: How much better will Seguin be this year? : Count me in on this also. I felt the Bruins needed a natural winger over a center although I have no regrets with Bruins ending up with Seguin. He should get more ice-time and score anywhere between 20-25goals.
    Posted by BsLegion

Hey B's Legion off topic here a little bit .

Great looking cake. Is there any story behind it ? Where ? For whom ? When ?etc.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: How much better will Seguin be this year? : Hey B's Legion off topic here a little bit . Great looking cake. Is there any story behind it ? Where ? For whom ? When ?etc.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Yes my nephew turned 5 and the extra candle was for good luck.  6 caddles = Bruins 6 cups. 
    It was a very good cake BTW.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

He'll be better, but I think he's still a year away from being an impact player.  He certainly has elite talent and showed great flashes last year, but he never showed much consistency.  There were multiple times where it looked like he was ready to breakout, then he would disappear from the stat sheet for weeks at a time.  After his scoring outburst early in the Tampa series he looked unstoppable, but that momentum quickly fizzled out for the last 10 or so games.

He does appear to work very hard, so I wouldn't be suprised to see him have a huge year.  However, with the team in 'win now' mode and where he was at the end of the season, I think he'll have a long way to go in the first 55 or so games to lock up a top 6 spot for the stretch run.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

As I have said before if he gets a legitimate chance to play top 6 forward minutes and to play on the powerplay he will take a solid jump forward (at least 20-25 goals and 50-55 points).  By a legitimate chance, I mean that he gets at least 25-30 games playing consistently with good line-mates and playing on the power play before CJ makes his evaluation.  The Bruins won the Cup so CJ made the right decisions last year but this is a different year and he needs to invest a little more in the Bruins future.  The defensive side of the game that CJ made him pay attention to last year was so important in his learning curve, however as far as raw skills Tyler is near the top of the Bruins forwards, so let's take the leash off and let him play his game.   

Sections
Shortcuts