How much faith do you have in your hockey team tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

Re: How much faith do you have in your hockey team tonight?

Tonight's the night, boys. No excuses. Let's get it done. Send the Lightning and their annoying fans, media, etc home like the little whinygirlybitches they are. Screw them. Beat them senseless. 

5-0 Bruins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: How much faith do you have in your hockey team tonight?:
    [QUOTE]It's hard not to agree with that because all you are doing is setting yourself up for a crappy weekend from what is a traditional right of passage under Jacobs:  A collapse. Let's be honest, if they lose, it will look as bad as last year's collapse because of Period 2 in TB in Game 4. They had the momentum and handed it back. Then, they had a chance to finish in Game 6 and were outplayed again. I don't want to see my team outplayed.  That's my only complaint. If they can somehow win this game, all we be forgiven/forgotten in this area (being outplayed). You have to admit, though, they have been outplayed. And the fact we've waited 20 years for a Conf FInals appearance, and they get outplayed? That won't sit well.  I don;'t mind losing due to excellence by the other team, but I sometimes question the lack of fire and casual nature of this team. I don't get it. There is no tomorrow.  If they don't come out and hit everyone in sight and continue to do it for 60 minutes, with fierce skating, but not putting yourself out of position, I'll agree with your father. My father is actually more negative than myself.  Speaks volumes about the damage Jacobs did here, post Orr. They, the team, can make this a complete non-issue by winning this game. No time for talk. Show us. However, if they do win, I think it puts them into another gear for Vancouver. I really do. I can see this being like the Montreal series and then them going into an overdrive level, not sweeping Vancouver, but making their underdog status look less of an issue than some national pundits would believe. They match up well with Vancouver.  I think they match up well with TB, but TB has outplayed Boston.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    I guess you might as well expect rain on your summer vacation too. If the Bruins won it all I think you'd have trouble coming up with something(other than the Jacobs) to talk about. I've seen and experienced the exact same heartache as you since '72 but I'm still expecting a victory tonight. They haven't let me down this year so I'm sticking by them. You should try sticking by a team sometime. It makes the victories more rewarding and I mean ,really, does expecting a loss make it less painful?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

We win tonight 4-2, refs keep the whistles in their pocket, we beat them 5 on 5

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

Hey King, your thoughts about Jacobs, like so many before you are so foolish. You say he wants a good bottom line and I concur. I own two businesses and that's what I strive for. To that end; The big money is the playoffs!!!! It is $ above and beyond what is budgeted for the regular season. Therefore, he wants more money and wants to go deep every year! Here's the thing most of you have missed over the years. Jacobs knows little or nothing about hockey, but is a pretty good business man. He relied on HARRY SINDEN to run his team waaaaay too long. Harry is as cheap as you know what, whether it's his dime or yours. Harry told Juneau to "yodle" fought Neely and Bourque for contracts and his understudy O,connell sent Joe Thornton to the Sharks knowing he was to be canned! If you blame anyone blame Sinden!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

They'll win this one, then the next round we can all have the fun of trying to predict how they magically blow-up this time around. Too many men on the ice? The star player breaks his back? Someone destroys our leading goal scorers knee? The game is called on account of fog, INDOORS? It's part of the entertainment of being a Bruins fan :p

Sections
Shortcuts