How Much is Krejci Worth?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

How Much is Krejci Worth?

Since we are entering the summer and the offering of absurd contracts that go with it I am wondering what people here think Krejci is worth considering he is entering the final year of his deal.

So, how much to keep him?

Will he be offered a contract similar to Bergeron ($6.5mill per season, 8 year, NMC)?

Will it be more/less?

Will he decide to test the market?

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: How Much is Krejci Worth?

Ya, 6.5 for 6-8. Partial nmc. No reason to mess around

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

That's what I am thinking too. Then then the summer after that Lucic comes due. Same thing?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think part of a contract has to be consistency.  Krejci's disgusting playoff performance of 2014 has to be taken into account.  Yes, he has the skills to get it done, but if he can't always, he shouldn't be paid like he does.

I think he's great.  He plays hard.  He plays clean.  He cares.

He should be paid like the best #2 center in the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

So the Bergeron deal then?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

So the Bergeron deal then?

[/QUOTE]

Bergeron gets paid to play the #2 center role, plus be the best (see:  Selke shelf in his basement) at his niche.

Less than Bergeron.  How much?  No idea, but less.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Krejci will ask for 6 or 7 million next year for at least three years.  PC should then entertain a trade this summer given those numbers.  He won't.  The Bs as constituted without Iginla will remain the same.  

"Don't judge me monkey" 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I would be comfortable with Bergeron and Lucic making the same over a long period....there should be a premium for players who bring something very unique and special to a team's make-up. Their skill sets are not replaceable - they are one of a kind. Krejci, who I do like very much, is replaceable and thus needs to be considered a tick under.

Bergeron makes $6.5. Lucic $6.0. Krejci $5.25. Extend Lucic at a very modest $6.5 upgrade, then slot in Krejci at a $6.0 upgrade but both get years. Seems reasonable. Neither has done anything to prove that they deserve significant pay increases, nor have they done anything that warrants a cut. Give them the security of years and move on with your top 3 in tact.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I agree.

Krejci is a very good player.  I'm happy he's a Bruin and I'm happy with his role on the team.  He's not a cornerstone player.  He compliments a top tier squad.  He's not Kopitar or Toews.  He doesn't control any facet of the game.  He's solid and responsible and he fits this B's team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chipnchase. Show chipnchase's posts

I would agree with asmaha that $6M sounds about right for DK.  To me, he's the most creative offensive player they have and without his production in 2011 there probably would have been no parade, although he wasn't the only player to have a career playoff that year.  

Hopefully his disappearing act in this year's playoff is a one-off.  It certainly shouldn't be a reason to devalue him though since it was a team-wide lack of execution that attributed to the early exit this year.

Formerly "hangnail"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

It's really hard to find comparisons to Krejci.  He has unique vision but is not necessarily a "pass first" centre. He's probably the best playmaker the Bruins have had since Adam Oates but they are very different players. He is currently one of the Top 10 playmakers in the NHL.  His closest stat line is to Backstrom and Malkin, both of whom have two of the best scorers in the league to set up.  But DK, as another poster eloquently put, is "responsible". Overall, I like his play in the D-zone.  My only concern moving ahead is how his line matches up against particular lines.  For example, his line looked particularly lost in the D-zone and outplayed against Montreal.  I'm not sure if that is because of his wingers not being as responsible or CJ not mixing it up.  

Money wise, he deserves a notch less than Bergeron.  

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's really hard to find comparisons to Krejci.  He has unique vision but is not necessarily a "pass first" centre. He's probably the best playmaker the Bruins have had since Adam Oates but they are very different players. He is currently one of the Top 10 playmakers in the NHL.  His closest stat line is to Backstrom and Malkin, both of whom have two of the best scorers in the league to set up.  But DK, as another poster eloquently put, is "responsible". Overall, I like his play in the D-zone.  My only concern moving ahead is how his line matches up against particular lines.  For example, his line looked particularly lost in the D-zone and outplayed against Montreal.  I'm not sure if that is because of his wingers not being as responsible or CJ not mixing it up.  

[/QUOTE]

Good points, and I would love to see Julien try something new in camp next year. Have Krejci and Marchand paired, then let Bergeron and Lucic roll. I think it would solve a lot of "problems", if you think being the league's best regular season team is a problem. Krejci could use some speed on his wing, and Bergeron could provide better coverage to let Lucic crash a bit further down low and in front of the net. Just seems more balanced to me, but what do I know?

Lucic-Bergeron-Smith

Marchand-Krejci-Eriksson

Kelly-Soderberg-X Acquisition

Paille-Campbell-PBruin

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

In response to lucdufour's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good points, and I would love to see Julien try something new in camp next year. Have Krejci and Marchand paired, then let Bergeron and Lucic roll. I think it would solve a lot of "problems", if you think being the league's best regular season team is a problem. Krejci could use some speed on his wing, and Bergeron could provide better coverage to let Lucic crash a bit further down low and in front of the net. Just seems more balanced to me, but what do I know?

Lucic-Bergeron-Smith

Marchand-Krejci-Eriksson

Kelly-Soderberg-X Acquisition (Setoguchi?)

Paille-Campbell-Fraser/Florek

[/QUOTE]

I like the line combos...Id like to see it this way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

It would be a tough decision, but if Soderberg proves he is capable of being a #2 Center and gets signed to an extension in the 4.75M-5.5M range, I could see Krejci being traded after Christmas, and Spooner taking the #3 slot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

[QUOTE]

Since we are entering the summer and the offering of absurd contracts that go with it I am wondering what people here think Krejci is worth considering he is entering the final year of his deal.

Will he be offered a contract similar to Bergeron ($6.5mill per season, 8 year, NMC)?

Will it be more/less?

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

With the cap getting a significant boost over the next couple of years (At least that is the assumption) there is no way his agent will settle for $6-6.5mill. The market for a top line center will be in the $8mill range and looking at some of the cap space and need of top flight centers in the league there will be no shortage of interest among NHL teams.

Pending a Spezza trade, teams such as ANA, St. Louis, CHI, SJ, DET will be ready to pay top dollar -- However, it would be challenging for CHI/SJ as their tight on the cap.

David Krejci has accomplished as much as he can here in Boston. As good as he has become in terms of a 2-way center I am sure he would love to play in a more wide-open offensive style. Krejci will get $8mill for 7-8 yrs next season. It may sound absurd but he will get PAYED!

Which creates another problem for PC. Do you think of trading DK before the season? Or see how things play out (assuming they are not traded) with Spooner / Koko and make a deal at the trade deadline?

My guess, and gut feeling is DK is not a Bruin next year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to superj2k10's comment:
    [QUOTE]

David Krejci has accomplished as much as he can here in Boston. As good as he has become in terms of a 2-way center I am sure he would love to play in a more wide-open offensive style. Krejci will get $8mill for 7-8 yrs next season. It may sound absurd but he will get PAYED!

[/QUOTE]

Can you give some examples of players similar to Krejci who are making that sort of dough?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can you give some examples of players similar to Krejci who are making that sort of dough?

[/QUOTE]

Its not about comparisons NAS. Its about the fact that he will be the best free agent at the position next year. I am not including Toews because he is going to resign in CHI and Spezza will sign an extension with his next team. He knows it, his agent knows it, and the Bruins know it. Next years market is going to inflate substantially and hes going to cash in. 

It happens in every sport. Krejci will not be a Bruin next season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Next years market is going to inflate substantially and hes going to cash in. 

NHL is set to unveil the new cap numbers very soon:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=724046&navid=nhl:topheads

It will be very interesting to see what it will be. I suspect most GM's are waiting too which is one reason why there haven't been more deals as of yet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Next years market is going to inflate substantially and hes going to cash in. 

[/QUOTE]

NHL is set to unveil the new cap numbers very soon:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=724046&navid=nhl:topheads" rel="nofollow">http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=724046&navid=nhl:topheads

It will be very interesting to see what it will be. I suspect most GM's are waiting too which is one reason why there haven't been more deals as of yet.

[/QUOTE]

I suspect it will go up to about $70-71mill next year, $74mill the year after. It would look bad on the NHL if its lower after a record revenue year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

[QUOTE]

Will it be more/less?

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

Possible Free Agents for 2015:

Anaheim Ducks
    Matt Beleskey
    Sheldon Souray
    Bryan Allen
    Francois Beauchemin
    Viktor Fasth
    Patrick Maroon

Boston Bruins
    David Krejci
    Johnny Boychuk
    Gregory Campbell
    Adam McQuaid
    Daniel Paille
    Bobby Robins
    Carl Soderberg

Buffalo Sabres
    Drew Bagnall
    Matt Ellis
    Drew Stafford
    Jhonas Enroth
    Patrick Kaleta

Calgary Flames
    Shane O’Brien
    Curtis Glencross
    Karri Ramo
    Brian McGrattan

Carolina Hurricanes
    Patrick Dwyer
    Andrej Sekera

Chicago Blackhawks
    Patrick Kane
    Jonathan Toews
    Johnny Oduya
    Michal Rozsival

Colorado Avalanche
    Cody McLeod
    Ryan Wilson
    Jan Hejda
    Nick Holden

Columbus Blue Jackets
    Brandon Dubinsky
    Nick Foligno
    Mark Letestu
    Ryan Craig

Dallas Stars
    Sergei Gonchar
    Erik Cole
    Aaron Rome
    Travis Morin
    Shawn Horcoff
    Rich Peverley
    Dan Ellis

Detroit Red Wings
    Jordin Tootoo

Edmonton Oilers
    Jesse Joensuu
    Will Acton
    Ryan Hamilton

Florida Panthers
    Tomas Fleischmann
    Ed Jovanovski
    Scottie Upshall
    Tomas Kopecky
    Sean Bergenheim
    Bobby Butler
    Shawm Matthias
    Joey Crabb

Los Angeles Kings
    Justin Williams
    Jarret Stoll
    Robyn Regehr
    Alec Martinez

Minnesota Wild
    Kyle Brodziak
    Josh Harding
    Torrey Mitchell
    Stephane Veilleux
    Keith Ballard

Montreal Canadiens
    Peter Budaj
    Davis Drewiske
    Danny Briere

Nashville Predators
    Mike Fischer
    Kevin Henderson
    Matt Cullen

New Jersey Devils
    Bryce Salvador
    Andy Greene
    Joe Whitney
    Darcy Zajac
    Cory Schneider
    Michael Ryder
    Peter Harrold

New York Islanders
    Lubomir Visnovsky
    Matt Carkner
    Colin McDonald

New York Rangers
    Cameron Talbot
    Marc Staal
    Derek Dorsett

Ottawa Senators
    Marc Methot
    Craig Anderson
    Bobby Ryan
    Clarke MacArthur
    Erik Condra
    Jason Spezza

Philadelphia Flyers
    Jay Rosehill

Phoenix Coyotes
    Zbynek Michalek
    Antoine Vermette
    David Schlemko
    Rob Klinkhammer
    Mark Louis

Pittsburgh Penguins
    Paul Martin
    Marc-Andre Fleury
    Craig Adams
    Andrew Ebbett

San Jose Sharks
    Martin Havlat
    Antti Niemi
    Brad Stuart
    Tyler Kennedy
    Justin Braun
    Matt Irwin
    Andrew Desjardins

St Louis Blues
    Chris Porter
    Barret Jackman
    Chris Stewart
    Jordan Leopold
    Maxim Lapierre

Tampa Bay Lightning
    Ryan Malone
    Martin St Louis
    Ben Bishop
    B.J. Crombeen
    Eric Brewer

Toronto Maple Leafs
    Colton Orr
    Korbinian Holzer
    Frazer McLaren

Vancouver Canucks
    Tom Sestito
    David Booth
    Brad Richardson

Washington Capitals
    Mike Green
    Martin Erat
    Steven Oleksy
    Casey Wellman
    Aaron Volpatti
    Jack Hillen
    Jay Beagle
    Eric Fehr
    John Erskine
    Joel Ward
    Michal Neuvirth

Winnipeg Jets
    Jim Slater

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

He has put up dominant numbers over his playoff career, and the Bruins don't have many other player that play his type of game.  I'd be fine with 7 per year given the rising cap.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think there's Bergeron Cap now.  No forward makes more than Patrice.

Are you not entertained?!?!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

No way he deserves more then Bergy...but I think the way that PC loves centers. Lucic or Marchand would go before Krejci
    Bobby Orr, Ray Bourque, Patrice Bergeron traditions die hard in Boston

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Im fine with letting Krejci walk. He deserves what he makes now and no more. I like him but he's not worth 7 mill or more a year. As someone commented earlier, I dont think he'll be with the team next year after this coming season. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Its not about comparisons NAS. Its about the fact that he will be the best free agent at the position next year. I am not including Toews because he is going to resign in CHI and Spezza will sign an extension with his next team. He knows it, his agent knows it, and the Bruins know it. Next years market is going to inflate substantially and hes going to cash in. 

[/QUOTE]

It is about comparing.  Unless he's the best and no one else compares, there will be someone better than him that he'll make less than, some one worse than him that he'll make more than, and someone like him that he'll make a similar amount as.

No team breaks the bank for Krejci.  He's not a centerpiece player.