How much time will it take Floppy « no neck » Thomas to allow the first goal tonight??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: How much time will it take Floppy « no neck » Thomas to allow the first goal tonight??

You base success with regular season trophees and I base success in post season stats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

Re: How much time will it take Floppy « no neck » Thomas to allow the first goal tonight??

on the planet ...LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: How much time will it take Floppy « no neck » Thomas to allow the first goal tonight??:
    [QUOTE]How many cups?
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

Dodged my question completely. Proving my point further you have no arguement and thereby defelct the question. That shows that your original point was flawed to begin with.

So by your logic only the best goaltender in the world wins the cup right? It has nothing to do with the team infront of them? Thereby you think Niemi is the best goaltender in the world correct? />

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

In Response to Re: How much time will it take Floppy « no neck » Thomas to allow the first goal tonight??:
    [QUOTE]lucaooo, the best goaltender on the planet wins the vezina every year. what exactly is your argument? you don't like his playoff beard?
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Maybe we should start a thread on his playoff beard!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Patric Roy, Martin Brodeur the 2 two best goalies in the post season!!  Those where the best on the planet during their prime!  TT is far from them!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much time will it take Floppy « no neck » Thomas to allow the first goal tonight?? : Dodged my question completely. Proving my point further you have no arguement and thereby defelct the question. That shows that your original point was flawed to begin with. So by your logic only the best goaltender in the world wins the cup right? It has nothing to do with the team infront of them? Thereby you think Niemi is the best goaltender in the world correct? />
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Your the one dodging right now.  I will answer for you 0 nada no cup!  Post season record not great at all!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]You base success with regular season trophees and I base success in post season stats!

Well looks like you flubbed again because look who leads postseason tenders in the most important stats categories. Go ahead keep failing its delightful to watch you squirm.

1 Tim Thomas BOS 14 14 10 4   0 483 33 2.23 450 .932 1 0 0 2 887:31
    2 Roberto Luongo VAN 15 14 10 5   0 399 33 2.28 366 .917 2 0 0 0 867:45
    3 Dwayne Roloson TBL 14 14 9 5   0 474 33 2.35 441 .930 1 0 0 0 844:17
    4 Jimmy Howard DET 11 11 7 4   0 364 28 2.50 336 .923 0 0 0 2 673:22
    5 Antti Niemi SJS 15 15 7 7   0 461 46 3.30 415 .900 0 0 0 0 836:38
    6 Pekka Rinne NSH 12 12 6 6   0 343 32 2.57 311 .907 0 0 1 0 748:28
    7 Michal Neuvirth WSH 9 9 4 5   0 261 23 2.34 238 .912 1 0 0 0 589:56
    8 Brian Boucher PHI 9 7 4 4   0 229 22 3.13 207 .904 0 0 0 2 422:22
    9 Carey Price MTL 7 7 3 4   0 242 16 2.11 226 .934 1 0 0 0 455:29
    10 Corey Crawford CHI 7 7 3 4   0 218 16 2.21 202 .927 1 0 2 0 435:12

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much time will it take Floppy « no neck » Thomas to allow the first goal tonight?? : Your the one ddging right now.  I will answer for you 0 nada no cup!  Post season record not great at all!!

Keep dodging there good luck. You have no arguement and ive made a fool out of you.

0 cups ok? You just dodged 3 more questions in my last post. You demand civility I give it to you. Now please answer my questions and not just deflect them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Who are the first 3 in the list?  What a surprise goalies that are still playing.  Take TT's all time post season stats if you want to bring a real argument!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

The best goalies in the world have all won the cup! Again Roy did not have a great team in 1993.  He still brought a cup.  TT has an amazing team in front of him this year.  No way that the Bs should have played 7 games vs the Habs!!

You said he was the best on the planet.  He should win the Cup by himself then!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Who are the first 3 in the list?  What a surprise goalies that are still playing.  Take TT's all time post season stats if you want to bring a real argument!

NHL TOTALS

Those still look pretty good to me. You still havent answered my questions. Im waiting for you to nicely do so.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

If you want me to answer your question just ask a question!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]The best goalies in the world have all won the cup! Again Roy did not have a great team in 1993.  He still brought a cup.  TT has an amazing team in front of him this year.  No way that the Bs should have played 7 games vs the Habs!! You said he was the best on the planet.  He should win the Cup by himself then!!

You contradict yourself on so many points here. So does the best goalie in the world win the cup all by himself every year. OR does the best team.

Back to my original question then, you by order of logic here believe Niemi to be the best goalie in the world correct?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

But i have one for you.  If all you care is that TT wins the Vezina.  Why are you still watching the games.  We all know he will win the Vezina.  You don't seem to care about the playoffs that much?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

It is not Niemi who won the Cup last year.  The Hawks where the best team.  I just said that the best of the best will win with an average team.  Unless you believe that the Habs in 1993 where a powerhouse?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]If you want me to answer your question just ask a question!

Im sorry i belived you to have some sort of reading comprehension here are my questions copied and pasted to make them easier for you read and understand (ill even make the font big like it is in your picture books)

So by your logic only the best goaltender in the world wins the cup right? It has nothing to do with the team infront of them? Thereby you think Niemi is the best goaltender in the world correct? />

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Okay, first, you didn't start this thread with a real argument; you started it by calling Thomas names, speculating on "failures" and then calling people "TT lovers" which is picking a fight, not making an argument. So don't cry foul when people respond in the spirit of your original post. 

I went back and re-read the first two pages of this thread and your supposed "argument" is an assertion that Thomas "keeps giving up bad goals in the playoffs", a "swimming" comment about his style, a count of the total number of goals allowed in the last two games, and claims about how you're speaking the truth. 

The first one is almost a self-cancelling statement since, to keep doing anything in the playoffs means you're still in the playoffs.  You see that right?  The second one confuses style with performance.  Do you want a technically beautiful goaltender or one who stops pucks?  The third one doesn't understand how to apply evidence.  You choose one measure of performance among many and step on it like it's the only thing that matters.  Now, I know what you're going to say: "his job is to stop the puck, so giving up nine goals matters!" to which I'd say "He was 1-1 in two games.  His job is to stop enough pucks for his team to win the game.  In game two, he did that.  I don't care about his GAA, I care about wins."  Case in point - go look at who has the top save % and GAA in the playoffs as of today.  I'll give you a hint; he's been golfing since Nathan Horton beat him.

How do you measure a goaltender's value?  Especially relative to other 'tenders?  Because every Thomas argument goes through this phase where someone says Rinne is better or Luongo or Miller.  When someone points out that Thomas has better numbers and wins the same percentage of his starts or better, they come back by saying he has a better defensive team in front of him.  Bad goals, though, have nothing to do with the team in front of Thomas; those are all his fault.

In short, you haven't established that you're "speaking the truth" because you haven't shown that Thomas gives up more bad goals than any other goaltender or expained why giving up substantially fewer "good" goals (because on balance, he gives up fewer goals period) than almost any other goaltender doesn't count in his favour or become a competitive advantage.  What your whole argument comes down to is, in game one, Thomas got beat on a bad-angle back-hander, and in game two, he let in a couple of savable shots.  Granted.  Those things happened.  And he's the same guy who shut them out last night playing the same style.  The guy with 10 playoff wins - first Bruin goaltender to do that in two decades.  So just ... stop.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much time will it take Floppy « no neck » Thomas to allow the first goal tonight?? : Im sorry i belived you to have some sort of reading comprehension here are my questions copied and pasted to make them easier for you read and understand (ill even make the font big like it is in your picture books) So by your logic only the best goaltender in the world wins the cup right? It has nothing to do with the team infront of them? Thereby you think Niemi is the best goaltender in the world correct? />
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Sorry but i can't see what you wrote since they was probably an insult in there.  Your getting better at debating but you still have some improvement to do!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He has no argument..Isaid best goalie on he planet. You can't give me one the planet..Patrick Roy isnt a goalie. He's a team owner. He was a goalie and IMO the best of all time. Give me 1 goalie currently active who is better than him right now. You can't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sawxBsPats. Show sawxBsPats's posts

[QUOTE]Patric Roy, Martin Brodeur the 2 two best goalies in the post season!!  Those where the best on the planet during their prime!  TT is far from them!!!

Guys, stop being so tough on him. He has a point. Stanley cup winning goalies just cannot have bad games in the playoffs. Just look at Patrick Roy when he won the cup in 1996:

http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/199605230COL.html

Especially not when you have a defensive minded team in front of you like the Bruins and the Devils. I mean Thomas has Chara in front of him! Name one good defenseman in front of Brodeur outside of Niedermeyer, Stevens, and Rafalski.

Giving up 9 goals in 2 games is unacceptable. If he gives up something like 11 in 3 games, this team is done. Timmy has to play like Brodeur did when they won the cup in 2000. We can only wish that Thomas plays like this every game:

http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/200005160PHI.html

http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/200005180NJD.html

http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/200005200NJD.html

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Okay, first, you didn't start this thread with a real argument; you started it by calling Thomas names, speculating on "failures" and then calling people "TT lovers" which is picking a fight, not making an argument. So don't cry foul when people respond in the spirit of your original post.  I went back and re-read the first two pages of this thread and your supposed "argument" is an assertion that Thomas "keeps giving up bad goals in the playoffs", a "swimming" comment about his style, a count of the total number of goals allowed in the last two games, and claims about how you're speaking the truth.  The first one is almost a self-cancelling statement since, to keep doing anything in the playoffs means you're still in the playoffs.  You see that right?  The second one confuses style with performance.  Do you want a technically beautiful goaltender or one who stops pucks?  The third one doesn't understand how to apply evidence.  You choose one measure of performance among many and step on it like it's the only thing that matters.  Now, I know what you're going to say: "his job is to stop the puck, so giving up nine goals matters!" to which I'd say "He was 1-1 in two games.  His job is to stop enough pucks for his team to win the game.  In game two, he did that.  I don't care about his GAA, I care about wins."  Case in point - go look at who has the top save % and GAA in the playoffs as of today.  I'll give you a hint; he's been golfing since Nathan Horton beat him. How do you measure a goaltender's value?  Especially relative to other 'tenders?  Because every Thomas argument goes through this phase where someone says Rinne is better or Luongo or Miller.  When someone points out that Thomas has better numbers and wins the same percentage of his starts or better, they come back by saying he has a better defensive team in front of him.  Bad goals, though, have nothing to do with the team in front of Thomas; those are all his fault. In short, you haven't established that you're "speaking the truth" because you haven't shown that Thomas gives up more bad goals than any other goaltender or expained why giving up substantially fewer "good" goals (because on balance, he gives up fewer goals period) than almost any other goaltender doesn't count in his favour or become a competitive advantage.  What your whole argument comes down to is, in game one, Thomas got beat on a bad-angle back-hander, and in game two, he let in a couple of savable shots.  Granted.  Those things happened.  And he's the same guy who shut them out last night playing the same style.  The guy with 10 playoff wins - first Bruin goaltender to do that in two decades.  So just ... stop.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

/Thread.

Im eagerly awaiting Captain "Good Arguements" to give his non-reply.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Name one good defenseman in front of Brodeur outside of Niedermeyer, Stevens, and Rafalski.

Are u serious? U just named 3!!! How many should there be? Oh and Ken Deneyko was a solid d-man.

Thats your first post? I hope they get better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sawxBsPats. Show sawxBsPats's posts

[QUOTE]Name one good defenseman in front of Brodeur outside of Niedermeyer, Stevens, and Rafalski. Are u serious? U just named 3!!! How many should there be? Oh and Ken Deneyko was a solid d-man. Thats your first post? I hope they get better.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Haha that's kind of the point. When people say Bruins have a good D structure and Thomas is the beneficiary of it... the Devil's were pretty decent at D themselves.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Name one good defenseman in front of Brodeur outside of Niedermeyer, Stevens, and Rafalski. Are u serious? U just named 3!!! How many should there be? Oh and Ken Deneyko was a solid d-man. Thats your first post? I hope they get better.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I think you misread it. That was a pretty solid new post I sense that sarcasm is strong with this new one... Strong indeed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Let me explain something to you because you might be too young to understand that hockey is a business.  TT makes more than 5 million a year.  Who gave him that much money...Chiarelli.  Who is Chiarelli... yeah it is Julien's boss.  The same guy who extended Julien's contract for 3 years.  As soon as Rask failed to deliver in the beginning of the year they went back with Thomas.  And everytime Thomas was bad they play Rask but still cameback with Thomas.  Why...because Julien will not make is GM look bad.  No way in Hell that if Rask would have been cold that long during the regular season that he would have kept his number 1 job last year. 
       They might fool the regular fan who does not understand the nature of the sport but they will not fool me with that!!

Sections
Shortcuts