How Not To Run a Team:The Philly Model

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: How Not To Run a Team:The Philly Model

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to cowboys9's comment:

JW ... You really think Seidenberg is a priority signing? I don't ... Actually him and Boychuck are a $7m  luxury PC can't really afford...I have never really liked the defensively challenged Boychuck.. Too many mistakes for my liking and this guy is eating almost $3.3m... Bye Bye... Time to give Hamilton, Krug, and Bartkowski bigger roles...or saving that, keep Redden around for security...

That's because you're a dope.  You're talking about 33% of the defense that went to the Cup finals two times in three years.  If you want to talk about defensively challenged, look no further than Torey "OH MY GOD PLEASE DON'T HIT ME" Krug.

Just because you don't want to take a hit doesn't make you defensively challenged.

I also lauged at that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Bc they spent a boat load on bryz.   if they add TT to go with Mason i think they will be fine.  The back end isnt the greatest but not terrible.  I think they are getting wiser.  Adding streit helps with mobility.  

Thomas would be a good example for Mason to learn from.  I saw a clip earlier this year where Mason was having a tough night.  You probably saw it, also.  Philly called a timeout to regroup.  The iso cameras caught Mason skating over the the Flyer bench, stops directly in front of the seated Bryzgalov, towels off and gets a drink.

The commentary (might have been Brad May or Mike Peca) said a good teammate, especially your partner in goal would have offered some encouragement, maybe some advice to settle things down.  The cameras showed Bryzgalov, with a disinerested facial expression yawing in Mason's face.  Doesn't even look at him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Bc they spent a boat load on bryz.   if they add TT to go with Mason i think they will be fine.  The back end isnt the greatest but not terrible.  I think they are getting wiser.  Adding streit helps with mobility.  

Thomas would be a good example for Mason to learn from.  I saw a clip earlier this year where Mason was having a tough night.  You probably saw it, also.  Philly called a timeout to regroup.  The iso cameras caught Mason skating over the the Flyer bench, stops directly in front of the seated Bryzgalov, towels off and gets a drink.

The commentary (might have been Brad May or Mike Peca) said a good teammate, especially your partner in goal would have offered some encouragement, maybe some advice to settle things down.  The cameras showed Bryzgalov, with a disinerested facial expression yawing in Mason's face.  Doesn't even look at him. 

TT is a weird fella but was a great teammate and still stays in touch with rask.  If TT and mason split the season i think its a good thing for philly and wont break the bank.  TT on a 2 year deal means they can walk away from mason if they need to.   Mason is another excellent example of a goalie getting paid.   Then falling off the cliff.  Its why i am not overly eager to pay rask.   im less concerned bc of the team rask plays for.   I just hate paying goalies.  Way too risky.