How shoud PC split games this year between Thomas and Rask?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: How shoud PC split games this year between Thomas and Rask?

I didnt realize that Thomas had played 82 games last year including the PO's. Thats a full season starting every game for a 37 year old goaltender.

I'd expect Rask to get alot of the workload early this year to keep Thomas fresh for a PO push the last 1/4 of the year.

My prediction:
    Rask: 35gms
    Thomas:47GMS

Thomas does have the advantage of not being  a full time starter till later in his career so hopefully his body will have less wear and tear and the cup hangover wont effect him so much.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

In Response to Re: How shoud PC split games this year between Thomas and Rask?:
    [QUOTE]No one would have predicted TT taking over the starter's job when he won his first game of the season last year but that ultimately was what happened ..TT was playing so well that Julien had to keep playing him .   
    Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]

Actually, a lot of us did.  Thomas didnt LOSE the starting position to Rask the previous year, he was INJURED!!!  How do people keep forgetting/dismissing that this was THOMAS" team, NOT Rasks, but due to injury Thomas was sidelined?  And Rask blew chunks in the Flyers series the previous year, thats why you saw Thomas get the chance so quick when Rask faltered at the beginning of the year.  Thats why Rask basically didnt get another chance, it was THOMAS" team, and Rask was on a short leash.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How shoud PC split games this year between Thomas and Rask? : Remember Big. This is coming from a Thomas hater. Take it with a grain of salt from this guy! Unlike Soxfan who actually has come around a full 360. This guy is the new "top of the list" who will be the 1st one this season to jump all over Timmy the minute he falters. If Timmy doesn't you won't see him on here till he does. Same as last season.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know.  Some of the crap these trolls come up with though is just so insane I honestly dont know how they can post it on an anonymous message board without feeling like a dipstick.  Its just completely ridiculous at times with some of the nonsense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

It's not trolls, its rask fans already coming up with excuses to get him starts over thomas, the same people who were complaining about rask starts last season, and blaming it on support etc instead of just accepting, and appreciating the season thomas was having.. The guy wins his second vezina in 3 years, and there are still people complaining about getting time for his back up, for the future.. How about we worry less about the future, because the present is a stanley cup defense if rask gets stuck riding the pine for the good of the team then fine.. Why are fans so quick to put the good of the player ahead of the good of the team..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

if one thing is evident, when it comes to cj, you have to earn your playing time(ryder excluded of course, no longer an issue). he'll play the hot hand. with TWO goalies capable of great numbers- rask 09-10(lead league in gaa), TT 08-09(lead league in gaa) & 10-11(set record for gaa)... let's hope his decision is very difficult. it's like having to choose between the silver or gold flatwear to eat your dinner. poor cj!! 29 coaches in the league wish they had this "dilemma". 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

Whoever Julien has faith in and the team plays the best in front of will get the starts. In 2009-10, that goaltender was Rask. In 2010-11, it was Thomas. It's good to have a problem of who to play when both can step in and play well. The reward will hopefully be another trip to the Finals no matter who is in net.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

it's a GREAT time to be a bruins fan!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How shoud PC split games this year between Thomas and Rask? : Yeah, I know.  Some of the crap these trolls come up with though is just so insane I honestly dont know how they can post it on an anonymous message board without feeling like a dipstick.  Its just completely ridiculous at times with some of the nonsense.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Jesse-Connolly/My-QA-with-ESPNs-John-Buccigross-On-the-Bruins-Kovy-and-Cup-Favorites/116/26094

Just for you and your friend Nitemare. An article wrote in February 2010.

All you have to do is listen to his interviews after a bad game. Very good at deflecting blame but his fanboys will come up with excuses for him doing that.

The guy was excellent last year but it doesn't change the fact that he usually deflects any blame off of himself. That is what turned me off from the guy more then anything else.

How will he be if things go south?

So why would I feel like a dipstick when I post an interview of a credible ESPN writer who apparently heard  from a good source that Tim Thomas was not well received in the Bs dressing room?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: How shoud PC split games this year between Thomas and Rask?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How shoud PC split games this year between Thomas and Rask? : I agree. If TT stinks, CJ won't be afraid to go with Rask. I guess it's the old sports adage, what have you done for me lately !...I hope they both play well and the Bruins are cup bound once more. Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

Yep and it's great for Julien to have such a luxury. I don't think Thomas will stink but I won't have any fear if Thomas is having a bad game then Claude puts Tuukka in. Still a big fan of Rask's and his talent, no way was his play against Buffalo in the playoffs a fluke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How shoud PC split games this year between Thomas and Rask? : http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Jesse-Connolly/My-QA-with-ESPNs-John-Buccigross-On-the-Bruins-Kovy-and-Cup-Favorites/116/26094 Just for you and your friend Nitemare. An article wrote in February 2010. All you have to do is listen to his interviews after a bad game. Very good at deflecting blame but his fanboys will come up with excuses for him doing that. The guy was excellent last year but it doesn't change the fact that he usually deflects any blame off of himself. That is what turned me off from the guy more then anything else. How will he be if things go south? So why would I feel like a dipstick when I post an interview of a credible ESPN writer who apparently heard  from a good source that Tim Thomas was not well received in the Bs dressing room?
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

That's the reason! I can tell you right now that members of Brad Marchand's family; Adam Mcquaid family; Mark Recchi's family all say the total opposite! You're a TT basher who believes every piece of negativity about the guy! Nothing more & nothing less! The reason everybody knows this now is because you GO OUT OF YOUR way to find your dog dung to prove it!! ESPN is notorious for finding any piece of garbage about the NHL & they're all over it! Then use the hockey buzz website on top of that. That sight of Ek's has been thrown in the toilet a long time ago! Where've you been?
    What about when Rask pointed at Seids last yr when he screened him? What's that called?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How shoud PC split games this year between Thomas and Rask? : True. Thomas did outplay Rask last year by a large margin & Thomas deserves to be the starter out of camp & probabaly be given more rope in the upcoming season as a veteran & after the season he had last year. However, if you go back the season before, Rask outplayed Thomas by a large margin. Yet Thomas got opportunity after opportunity after opportunity to find his game when it was quite evident Rask was outplaying him. Once the team was in a fight for the playoffs it was only then that Rask was given the starters job & to his credit he ran with it. I am sure it is fresh in his mind how quick he lost his job last year & how long it took for the team to give him the ball the previous year. It is also probably fresh in his mind how he outplayed both goalies in camp in 2008 camp & didn't make the team. Whether it was right or wrong is irelevant. It is how he interprets how he has been developed & what is best for his career going forward. It is time for him to play whether in Boston or elsewhere. The Bs organization & the fans can't expect him to continue to be happy as Thomas' backup when he would be a possible starter elsewhere. This is a big season for him this year as an RFA & hopefully the team gives him a better chance to develop & look more to the future as opposed to hindering all there bets on a 38 yr old goalie who maybe only around for 2 more seasons. The team has to look at the big picture as opposed to only the shortterm. They have to do there best & give Rask the opportunity to develop for his future & for the organizations future.

Dude you are clueless. The only reason Rask outplayed thomas the other year, was because TT was hurt. Had he not been hurt, he would have had last years stats the year TR outplayed a hurt TT. Like it was said earlier, TR played 29 games last year. More than enough games played. Some back ups could be so lucky. And why should anyone think TT's game will fall so far down the line. Its only been 2 months since he last played. So what if he's 38. He's a stud and he will be a stud again this year. Same defense minus Kabs, but we picked up Corvo who I think is better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I love the Thomas is an excuse maker statement. That right there just confirms to me how little you know what you are talking about. Part of the problem two years ago (are we still talking about this?) was he was hurt and DIDN'T tell anyone. Sounds to me like he sucked it up and played.  He had HIP surgery right after the season ended. Do you know what a hip injury does to a goaltender? No you don't.

As far a the Buccigross article, I'll agree JB is a passionate hockey guy, and I'd be willing to bet there is some credibilty to that article. Tim Thomas is a very proud athlete, who is as stubborn as the day is long. He has a chip on his shoulder, put there by the people/organizations who told him he wasnt good enough for years. I've heard him get pretty defensive when talking about his perfromance, my favorite was his post game interview after game 3 of the SC Finals with Pierre McGuire. Did you see the look TT gave him after he said TT struggled in game 2 in Vancouver?

I've played net for nearly 30 years now, and like my dad said in High School "in 90% of the people in the stands' minds every goal is the goalies fault, cause they know very little about the game they are watching"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

Right now Tim Thomas is a fringe Hall of Fame player.  Two Vezina Trophies, a Stanley Cup, a Conn Smythe, and finishing a season #1 and #3 for all time save percentage.  Last year mentioning him in the Hall of Fame would have been ridiculed, but should he win another Vezina, Conn Smythe, or Stanley Cup and he's a lock.  He currently has a resume more impressive than many in the Hall of Fame, yet despite that, he's had one season as the true #1 goalie on this team, and he lost the job due to injury that year.

He's currently the best goalie in the world, and there are actually still some questioning whether he is worthy of the starting job.  If nothing else, this proves that a goalie does not need to be coddled to meet their potential, but rather should always be pushed.

The team is in a great position and has the luxary of finding out if Rask is more Thomas or Luongo.  Thomas was always told he wasn't good enough and needed to be better.  He worked his butt off and proved all the doubters wrong.  Luongo was always coddled and handeled with baby gloves, then completley melted down under the spotlight going as far as begging the opposing goalie for praise.

If Rask is the goalie we hope he can be (and I personally think he is), he will be greatful to learn under Thomas and take in as much as he can.  He'll take advantage of having a great mentor, and learn the work ethic and mindset it takes to be elite.

That said, after a break shorter than most public schools summer vacation, I'm expecting Rask to get a lot of starts early this year.  If healthy, Thomas is the #1 next season, and if he's in the Vezina race he'll get 50-55 starts.  That still leaves Rask with a minimum of 27 starts, and I expect getting him going early will be a priority.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How shoud PC split games this year between Thomas and Rask? : Actually, a lot of us did.  Thomas didnt LOSE the starting position to Rask the previous year, he was INJURED!!!  How do people keep forgetting/dismissing that this was THOMAS" team, NOT Rasks, but due to injury Thomas was sidelined?  And Rask blew chunks in the Flyers series the previous year, thats why you saw Thomas get the chance so quick when Rask faltered at the beginning of the year.  Thats why Rask basically didnt get another chance, it was THOMAS" team, and Rask was on a short leash.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE] It's easy to say that now that TT has a Stanley Cup but I do think the popular opinion heading into last year was that Rask was going to be the starter and Thomas the backup.Obviously, TT's injury had a huge effect on his play but that really wasn't that apparent as we headed into last year.The popular opinion was that it was time for Rask to shine and TT was headed for the backup role .I agree Rask didn't play particularly well against the Flyers a couple of years ago but it was his first taste of the post season.I didn't think TT played that well against Carolina the year before . With a Stanley Cup under his belt TT is certainly the projected no .1 heading into this year but it isn't necessarily ''his team''.It isn't inconcievable to suggest that Rask could be much improved this year and at times during the year   push TT for the no .1 position .I think he would really have to dramatically  outplay TT to earn the first start in the post season considering what TT did last year but anything is possible.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

And the Thomas fan boys are out in full force. Could I not say Rask was hurt last year & that is why he struggled?

If Thomas was hurt so bad in 2010 why was he still on the roster if he could not play? Could the Bruins have used that additional capspace to help out there team that season? Just another excuse that the Thomas fanboys have for the bad year he had.

As for Rask & Seidenberg. Extremely childish move by Rask. He has a lot to prove this year too. But the thing is, this is not about Rask or Thomas for me. This is about a veteran who had an extremely good year last year but it doesn't change the fact that he has a rep for throwing teamates under the bus when things are not going well. Ask Dennis Wideman.

Just watch his postgame pressers this season if he has a bad game. I bet you there is zero accountability for his own performance if he is shaky.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

TT is our main man in net and will be this season unless he has the SC hangover. We have Rask as our back up and the 3rd goalie will be Khudobin, who may get some NHL time if Rask or Thomas falters. It seems that us the Bruins fan are focus on Thomas and Rask. Why are we neglecting the potential of Khudobin he in my say may surprise many Bruins fan if the moment arises.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How shoud PC split games this year between Thomas and Rask? : Dude you are clueless. The only reason Rask outplayed thomas the other year, was because TT was hurt. Had he not been hurt, he would have had last years stats the year TR outplayed a hurt TT. Like it was said earlier, TR played 29 games last year. More than enough games played. Some back ups could be so lucky. And why should anyone think TT's game will fall so far down the line. Its only been 2 months since he last played. So what if he's 38. He's a stud and he will be a stud again this year. Same defense minus Kabs, but we picked up Corvo who I think is better.

Posted by bgrif008[/QUOTE]

Maybe you are a Rask hater? Could I use Rask's injury last year as the only reason he lost his job? Why do Thomas get to use that excuse but Rask doesn't. Fact is both played, so neither must not have been hurt that bad.

The only difference is Rask didn't blame the season he had on his injury while Thomas & his fanboys did. Hence, building Thomas' reputation as a "excusemaker."

To be honest I am not sold on Rask either. Appears to have some maturity issues himself. The guy has the potential, but both goalies have been positively effected by a smothering team defence. Neither would have put up the #'s they have without an airtight defence & the best defensive defenceman in the game

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Newfie,
    Thomas was hurt, with a hip injury, he was on the roster I would guess because he comfortable enough to play just didnt put up the results.  He also didn't want to jeopardize playing in the olympics.  Beyond that, the bruins had no one in the system remotely capable of playing back up..

And no you can't blame rask injury for his season last year, as any kind of fan you should know he played better late in the season, he was 0-7 to start the season, meaning he finished 11-7 from that point on..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]Newfie, Thomas was hurt, with a hip injury, he was on the roster I would guess because he comfortable enough to play just didnt put up the results.  He also didn't want to jeopardize playing in the olympics.  Beyond that, the bruins had no one in the system remotely capable of playing back up.. And no you can't blame rask injury for his season last year, as any kind of fan you should know he played better late in the season, he was 0-7 to start the season, meaning he finished 11-7 from that point on..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Rolerhoky19,

I respect the fact that you didn't take a personal attack or call me a hater simply because I have a different opinion then you on an internet message board.

As for the Thomas injury. All I am saying is that if the Thomas injury was so bad do you not feel the Bs would have been better off shelving Thomas that season while using the additional capspace (5 million) to improve in other areas that season when they had a number of holes? Why throw it all on an unproven 22 yr old?

Obviously Thomas had hip surgery at the end of the season so there was an issue there. However, it is convenient to use that as an excuse on why he had a subpar season. That is my issue with Thomas. When things are not going well he always has an excuse.

I also have an issue with giving Thomas that injury excuse but people don't give Rask the same excuse. I don't give Rask the excuse either because if he was to hurt he should not have been playing. But he did have surgery in the offseason.

You can't use it for one guy because you happen to like him but not use it for the other guy. Rask actually stated in an interview his injury was not an excuse for his inconsistent season. I liked that Rask didn't use it as an excuse. But given there "media portrayal" you would have thought Thomas would be the guy not making excuses after every bad goal or injury.

This is not about Thomas' play. I am not his biggest fan but the guy had an unbelievable season last year. But it doesn't change the fact that over his tenure in Boston he has hit me as an excuse maker. Don't know how that makes me less of a fan or a "troll" because I have that opinion. I posted an article above which shows this is out there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Newf..
    Yeah I would generally try not to take that approach.
    I think the difference is simply that thomas was still winning games.. I am not a thomas fan, but he's won me over.. He was hurt he was still 18-17 or whatever he was, but he ended up on the pine, you wouldnt have found me rallying for him to play.  You would have found me supporting him to remain on the team, (most of the rask supporters were willing to hand the reigns over to rask to trade thomas) which i was not in support of.. Thomas was hurt, and he rebounded..

Rask played fine last year, problem was, in my opinion, he played like the bruins did.. He came out sluggish, once the bruins were down 2-0 everyone started to play.. That didn't happen with thomas in net..

Rask should play next year, but he should also go into camp as the back up and have to earn his starts, and people should expect him to play, to give thomas a nights off..

As Far as "excuses"  I don't see it that way.. He's a goalie, and confidence is everything, I have no issue with him believing he never gave up a bad goal..  There have been more then enough goals where he could have easily said "i gave up one, we weren't going to win 0-0, or so and so coughed it up" hes not doing that, he's kind of philisophical about it at times.. And all in all, he gives a strange, poor interview..  He's not great at the mic..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

WOW!  So being injured is an "excuse"?  OK, now Ive heard everything.  Then what was Rasks excuse for going 0-11 or whatever is was from one season to the next?  Just plain suckin'?

PS:  Thomas lost a TOTAL of 11 games in regulation all SEASON last year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Bigvig..
    Thomas was 25-5 at one point too.. rask started 0-11, but finished 11-14..

My take, was he didnt start sharp, like the rest of the bruins, rask didnt suck. thomas was phenominal, thomas earned his record, the bruins earned rasks...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How shoud PC split games this year between Thomas and Rask? : Rolerhoky19, I respect the fact that you didn't take a personal attack or call me a hater simply because I have a different opinion then you on an internet message board. As for the Thomas injury. All I am saying is that if the Thomas injury was so bad do you not feel the Bs would have been better off shelving Thomas that season while using the additional capspace (5 million) to improve in other areas that season when they had a number of holes? Why throw it all on an unproven 22 yr old? Obviously Thomas had hip surgery at the end of the season so there was an issue there. However, it is convenient to use that as an excuse on why he had a subpar season. That is my issue with Thomas. When things are not going well he always has an excuse. I also have an issue with giving Thomas that injury excuse but people don't give Rask the same excuse. I don't give Rask the excuse either because if he was to hurt he should not have been playing. But he did have surgery in the offseason. You can't use it for one guy because you happen to like him but not use it for the other guy. Rask actually stated in an interview his injury was not an excuse for his inconsistent season. I liked that Rask didn't use it as an excuse. But given there "media portrayal" you would have thought Thomas would be the guy not making excuses after every bad goal or injury. This is not about Thomas' play. I am not his biggest fan but the guy had an unbelievable season last year. But it doesn't change the fact that over his tenure in Boston he has hit me as an excuse maker. Don't know how that makes me less of a fan or a "troll" because I have that opinion. I posted an article above which shows this is out there.

No Newfie you're called a hater because you are one! ANYBODY who comes on here & talks fooishness just because he may or may not like how he reacts in interviews & goes out of his way to find ONE article about someone may have or, not said something derogatory about the guy shows you're a hater of TT first & a Bruin's fan second! You're more concerned about being right then you are about the B's winning! You're saying you hate the excuse TT uses; but yet you're full of them. And even IF TT was doing as you say? Can you FREAKIN blame him? The guy has had to fight for every inch his whole career. Are you such a wonderful guy that you would continueously put your self down? You're a hater plain & simple! If that wasn't the case you wouldn't be still arguing your case! You're an asine hater. One of two things is going to happen this season. The minute TT does an interview where you don't like you'll show yourself. Or you won't show yourself while TT is perfect! Just like last season! Nobody seen you when TT was playing lights out! Nobody seen you during the play-offs when TT was playing out of his mind. We did see when he allowed bad goals & the B's lost! We didn't see you when TT won the Conn Smythe & Vezina. You waited all summer & now poke your head in just before season starts to get your digs in! You're a poor excuse of a Bruins fan Newfie.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Newfie,

I won't call you a hater, just think your a little uneducated for the subject. Thomas' injury: He did not tell the team because he did not know. This is a fact, he said it himself. He said he wasn't sure why he had such limited mobility on that side, in fact, he thought it was age catching up with him. Turns out after having it checked after the season it was torn. End of story.

Now give me one quote, where he threw a teammate under the bus.

Did Tuuka throw Seidenberg under the bus last year? No, not at all. Did he let his emotions get the best him for a second in a moment of fustration? Yep. I know what everyone saw, but theres tons of times when a goaltender after giving up a goal looks up and sees his teammates skating back in his direction with their heads tilted back, rolling their eyes and usually muttering an expletive...Nobody ever sees this though. Goaltenders always see it. And you know, you got a young goalie there who wasnt prforming as well as he would have liked, personally, whats wrong with a proffesional athlete showing a little fustration now and then?

As for Tuuka, to me this going to have to be addressed at some point, and I think it is sooner rather than later. I think he is at the age and point of his career where he needs more games. He is a starter. If you take a back up and put him in a starters role, he will suffer. Same goes when you take a starter and put him in the back up role. In my mind Tuuka is a starter, he's not going to want to play 25 or even split, he's far too talented for that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How shoud PC split games this year between Thomas and Rask? : No Newfie you're called a hater because you are one! ANYBODY who comes on here & talks fooishness just because he may or may not like how he reacts in interviews & goes out of his way to find ONE article about someone may have or, not said something derogatory about the guy shows you're a hater of TT first & a Bruin's fan second! You're more concerned about being right then you are about the B's winning! You're saying you hate the excuse TT uses; but yet you're full of them. And even IF TT was doing as you say? Can you FREAKIN blame him? The guy has had to fight for every inch his whole career. Are you such a wonderful guy that you would continueously put your self down? You're a hater plain & simple! If that wasn't the case you wouldn't be still arguing your case! You're an asine hater. One of two things is going to happen this season. The minute TT does an interview where you don't like you'll show yourself. Or you won't show yourself while TT is perfect! Just like last season! Nobody seen you when TT was playing lights out! Nobody seen you during the play-offs when TT was playing out of his mind. We did see when he allowed bad goals & the B's lost! We didn't see you when TT won the Conn Smythe & Vezina. You waited all summer & now poke your head in just before season starts to get your digs in! You're a poor excuse of a Bruins fan Newfie.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Who are you to decide what type of Bruins fan I am? You don't have to prove your credentials as a Bruins fan to me & I certainly don't have to prove my credentials to you as a Bs fan. I think your post says a lot more about you then it do about me.

Last I checked this site is an opinion "message board" for the Boston Bruins. It is my opinion that Thomas can be viewed as an "excuse maker". Someone mentioned in a post that I was a Thomas " hater" & making things up. I went and found an article that I had read in the past & posted it to show I wasn't making this stuff up & there is stuff out there regarding this guy. I wasn't going out of my way I was simply showing an article to back up my claims/opinion on Thomas when you & other posters called me out.

It appears you love Tim Thomas & don't like hearing what some people feel about him. That's fine. I can live with that, but how you can post a message saying I am "poor excuse for a Bruins fan" on an internet message board is a little over the top.

I really don't take this stuff to personally. I am a huge Bergeron fan. There are people that think he is overpaid. I am not going to blast them & say they are "a post excuse of a fan" because they feel he is overpaid. Thats what a debate is for.

As you can see I really have no interest in getting in an internet pissing match with you. Am I a Tim Thomas fan? Absolutely not. Not pretending to be. But the guy had one of the greatest seasons I have witnessed in the NHL. Good for him & better for the Bruins. But for me, that does not change the vibe & impression I have of the guy.

Sections
Shortcuts