How to defend a 2 on 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

How to defend a 2 on 1

Can someone tell the Bs defenders that when you defend a 2 on 1 you have to make sure the pass does not get through.  It is no normal that the Pens could pass it 2 times and Chara could not prevent any of those 2 passes.  This is not the first time i see that.  It is just basic defending to slide with your body on the ice!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: How to defend a 2 on 1

the way I play it is I (defenseman) takes the shooter and the goalie watches for the pass.

I REALLY didn't like the way Boychuck pinched to create that.

I don't like the way Chara played that.

I REALLY didn't like the way TT played that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Bs are not having a good game overall and i am starting to loose my cool with our PP.  It is time for the PP to generate some offense!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: How to defend a 2 on 1:
    [QUOTE]the way I play it is I (defenseman) takes the shooter and the goalie watches for the pass. I REALLY didn't like the way Boychuck pinched to create that. I don't like the way Chara played that. I REALLY didn't like the way TT played that.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    I agree, I would have played Stall if I was Chara. But I'm not getting paid millions to make that decision so I'll leave it to the guys that do.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Basics is the goalie worries about the shot but one way or the other Chara did not play neither one.  He did not take the shot and he did not take the pass!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

It's a 2 on 1 from the far blue line against professional players.......it happens.If Chara had broken it up it would've taken an outstanding play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You'd think, with the amount of money they are paying him, that he'd never make a mistake for the rest of his life.

Chara's a bum.

They should send him to the AHL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Actually, watching the replay, Chara played it better than I originally thought.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Chara is not what you think he is. Slightly above average but not worth what he makes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

The only poor defensive decision was made by Boychuk deciding to pinch.  Chara is much, much better than anyone here gives him credit for.  He is one of the best 5 defensemen in the league.  He dominates in the corners, anchors our powerplay, and his ability to move the puck out of the zone/passing is very underrated.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Yeah, lucaoo, usually the Dman favours the non-puck carrier - leaving the shooter for the goalie.

Chara played it too much down the middle and he did get a piece of it I think.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

dman has the non-shooter.  Goalie has shooter.  But it also depends on the players involved but hockey 101 thats how you are taught

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: How to defend a 2 on 1:
    [QUOTE]Chara is not what you think he is. Slightly above average but not worth what he makes.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

Right on cue Beavis.  Nice job.