How to Demoralize Young Players- By Claude Julien (2010 Edition)

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: How to Demoralize Young Players- By Claude Julien (2010 Edition)

Wow...cactus Tony throwin it down

C'mon guys -you gotta respect the energy

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan76. Show bruinsfan76's posts

dont sugar coat it cactus tell us how you really feel!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

My biggest Problem with Julien is that Veterans can make the same mistakes or worse that Rookies/young players make and they dont get punished.

This is not hating/bashing Thomas by any means, but it seems like if Rask loses a game, he doesnt get see another start for another 6-8 games. If Thomas loses a game, he just keeps getting the next game over and over again. Look at the Montreal game 2 weeks ago. Im not saying they lost that game cause of TT, but Thomas wasnt exactly at his best neither. He still gets the next start. He then loses to Anaheim which once again, he wasnt the reason they lost, but he wasnt really stellar either. He gets the next start. Julien is pretty much setting Rask up to fail by startting him once every 3 weeks

As for Seguin, the same concept holds true. Seguin will make a defensive mistake, and will be benched for 90%of the period, while guys like Ryder just coast and take a lot of shifts off. Other guys make mistakes too, but only guys like Seguin and Caron get punished for their mistakes

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duckeggs. Show duckeggs's posts

Agree completely. If the plan is to use Seguin so sparingly, why not let him play at the World Juniors? Lots of ice time and a chance to gain some much needed confidence. Tukka Rask is the future in Boston. Remember how long it took CJ to finally recognize Rask as #1 last year. Why not cut Rask some slack??

On another note it is great to see TT prove all the doubters wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: How to Demoralize Young Players- By Claude Julien (2010 Edition):
    [QUOTE]My biggest Problem with Julien is that Veterans can make the same mistakes or worse that Rookies/young players make and they dont get punished. This is not hating/bashing Thomas by any means, but it seems like if Rask loses a game, he doesnt get see another start for another 6-8 games. If Thomas loses a game, he just keeps getting the next game over and over again. Look at the Montreal game 2 weeks ago. Im not saying they lost that game cause of TT, but Thomas wasnt exactly at his best neither. He still gets the next start. He then loses to Anaheim which once again, he wasnt the reason they lost, but he wasnt really stellar either. He gets the next start. Julien is pretty much setting Rask up to fail by startting him once every 3 weeks As for Seguin, the same concept holds true. Seguin will make a defensive mistake, and will be benched for 90%of the period, while guys like Ryder just coast and take a lot of shifts off. Other guys make mistakes too, but only guys like Seguin and Caron get punished for their mistakes
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

Are you serious on Thomas/Rask..

Thats a simple call, the bruins are winning with thomas in net, thomas is winning and playing better, the team is battling for a position, you go with the player who is playing best..

Thomas hands down.. 18-4
    rask is 2-7..

if thomas starts to cool off, you play rask, till that happens you play the winner.. All these fans are crying for rask cause the hope is if he plays well the bruins can then turn around and trade thomas.. The fact is, which no one wants to admit, is that thomas at $5m per is a deal this season..

He is playing great, ride him out, if he needs a rest, and you can put rask in against a weaker opponent go for it, but I am not about to sacrifice wins to help build rask confidence back...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Dues.  It's that simple.  Julien can forgive a veteran making a mistake because:
    a) he knows the vet knows what he did wrong
    b) the vet has an established rep as a known quantity so the mistake is taken as an aberration
    c) you aren't trying to teach vets or, to the same degree, build career habits.

Coach knows what to expect from Vets, warts and all.  Rookies, he hopes for better no matter what he gets.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: How to Demoralize Young Players- By Claude Julien (2010 Edition):
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How to Demoralize Young Players- By Claude Julien (2010 Edition) : Are you serious on Thomas/Rask.. Thats a simple call, the bruins are winning with thomas in net, thomas is winning and playing better, the team is battling for a position, you go with the player who is playing best.. Thomas hands down.. 18-4 rask is 2-7.. if thomas starts to cool off, you play rask, till that happens you play the winner.. All these fans are crying for rask cause the hope is if he plays well the bruins can then turn around and trade thomas.. The fact is, which no one wants to admit, is that thomas at $5m per is a deal this season.. He is playing great, ride him out, if he needs a rest, and you can put rask in against a weaker opponent go for it, but I am not about to sacrifice wins to help build rask confidence back...
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

I'm totally with you on this one roler. You tell em. Good post !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

And complaining about ryder as a coaster, and yet calling for more tiem for seguin?? Some one show me a highlight hit from seguin?  Ryder leads the team in PPG, GWG and is on pace for 55 points.. He certainly deserves to be on the ice at this point.. He is giving the bruins exactly what they expected when they signed him, and exactly what they paid for..

For everyone complaining about demoralizing a player.. You ever played  a sport? I am sure Seguin is looking at the fact that he made a solid NHL roster as an 18 year old, he beat out several players who are in providence and older them him, and is playing on a playoff team in his first year..

He didnt come in thinking things were going to be easy or handed to him, and I am sure he knows there are lots of holes in his game, if he doesnt, hes not going to learn, and not amount of ice time is going to fix that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to How to Demoralize Young Players- By Claude Julien (2010 Edition):
    [QUOTE]Destroy the confidence of both Rask & Seguin by overplayingThomas & everyones favorite player - Danny Paille..Danny boy- will you ever find the back of the net again Paille? This Bruins coach is a JOKE! Have the #2 pick sit up in the booth while your boring team defense system lulls all the fanbase to sleep. Burn out your old goalie during the meaningless season while your 'goalie of the future' rots away on the pine void of confidence. Way to go you idiot Claude.. I have decided that no matter if the Bruins finish 1st in the Adams division or fail to make the playoffs, you are ONLY here by the grace of Dave Lewis..you outta kiss his butt because you owe him your salary. By the way Claude..can you ever learn how & when to call a strategic time out ? YOU S U C K Can't wait for the next 0-0 game..I need some sleep and sominex is too expensive ..
    Posted by cactusTony[/QUOTE]
    #1 in the Adams division..........terrific!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I'm thinking CactusTony is a troll. Must be a Habs fan.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

yeah, the habs have been so dominant that during the bruins worst stretch of the season, while people are talking about "firing the coach" or trading the palyers/captain of the team to shake things up, the mighty habs couldnt win enough games to even pull ahead of the bruins..

Last time I checked the bruins were 7-4 against the habs in the past 2 play off series...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

TT has played more games because he is and has proven he is the starter. Last year Rask steopped up because TT had a physical ailment none of us knew about. Rask IMO is trade bait now because yes hes a starter with about 24 teams in this league. What the return will be and should be is what the Bs need to GOOO ALLL THE WAYYYY.
    Dont rip my guys but i certainly think TT can carry this team no matter who the backup is and how much he plays. Theres at least 6 teams needing a goaltender they think will  put them where they wanna be, deep or in the playoffs and willing to pay for it.
    Advantage ? PC

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

First off, Thomas is SO MUCH BETTER than Rask at this point, period.  People might not want to admit it, but its the truth.  And if you compare stats, which Ive done DOZENS of times on this site, you cant refute the stats that back up that fact.  Rask is a pipe-dream at this point.  Having a great goals against and save percentage for HALF a season does NOT make you the second coming of Patrick Roy and if you believe that it does, youre clueless about hockey and goalies in general. 

Second, Seguin is an 18 year old KID!  Not man, KID!  He has played 33 games in his professional tenure, so for crying out loud, get over it.  Its a LONG learning process/curve for MOST players.  There are the RARE exceptions, but Seguin isnt one of them and NO ONE with half a brain thought he was.  Give him a couple years and THEN we'll talk about it, but until then, Id like to see more than half a season or less to judge ANY player.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to How to Demoralize Young Players- By Claude Julien (2010 Edition) : #1 in the Adams division..........terrific!
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]

Yup,  that's when he lost me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Hey people !!!  There is no merrit to CactusTony's post. He's a troll. He's a Hab fan and a troll. Place on ignore.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Take a look at the league leaders for goalies and you will see that Thomas is:

1st in the NHL in SV%, 1st in GAA, tied for 1st in shut outs
    2nd in the NHL with 18 wins while Price at 19 wins has played 8 more games, Howard also with 19 wins played 1 extra game.

What you won't see Thomas leading is games started, Thomas has 26, which puts him tied for 18th spot for starting goalies the 20th spot has 25 starts.  A few on the list were injured and still have more starts then Thomas.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Go ahead and silence the critic of  this moribound team that is headed nowhere.. I have been watching AND rooting for them since Bobby, I can tell you all that this team has NO CHANCE. Thomas will be burnt out by February, Rask will become a malcontent and justfilly so, Claude WILL BE FIRED, and the Bruins will be out in Round 1. Too bad, I had high hopes for this team, but the stubborness of a coach who's system is a turn off for the playoffs will doom another year ..
    Posted by cactusTony[/QUOTE]

Crystal ball logic.... don't disagree with the intent of you words but please don't speak in absolutes.  BTW I agree that Thomas is playing too much and the system is too ridgid for the offensive play, and the team is not Stanley Cup caliber at this point.  But NO Chance, ahhhh many said the same of Philly last year in December, Round 1 out... could be but not if the Bs can beat teams like they did last night!  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: How to Demoralize Young Players- By Claude Julien (2010 Edition):[QUOTE]My biggest Problem with Julien is that Veterans can make the same mistakes or worse that Rookies/young players make and they dont get punished.This is not hating/bashing Thomas by any means, but it seems like if Rask loses a game, he doesnt get see another start for another 6-8 games. If Thomas loses a game, he just keeps getting the next game over and over again. Look at the Montreal game 2 weeks ago. Im not saying they lost that game cause of TT, but Thomas wasnt exactly at his best neither. He still gets the next start. He then loses to Anaheim which once again, he wasnt the reason they lost, but he wasnt really stellar either. He gets the next start. Julien is pretty much setting Rask up to fail by startting him once every 3 weeksAs for Seguin, the same concept holds true. Seguin will make a defensive mistake, and will be benched for 90%of the period, while guys like Ryder just coast and take a lot of shifts off. Other guys make mistakes too, but only guys like Seguin and Caron get punished for their mistakes
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

Great post SCO as Thomas looked tired last night at times and Rask does not stay sharp on the bench while his confidence goes down. Tuukka needs to get some starts not none to stay sharp.

Julien if still here next September will have to deal with departures of Ryder and Recchi with Caron, Sauve and Knight pushing so his dealing with Seguin now must improve because the left over money "ye ol wingers out" will be used for a #2 Dman.

Claude refusing to deal with rooks properly might be his biggest demise rather than wins and loses. The question to a scout or former coach would be is Tyler Seguin being used properly with the Bruins this year ? The answer is No!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Last time I checked the roster there were three other rookies on the team as well.

Brad Marchant, Adam McQuaid and Steve Kampfer.  Can't say that CJ doesn't have faith in rookies as he has Kampfer playing PP mins. and Marchant is one of the NHL leaders in short handed goals. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Tony, I agree with you that Julien isn't the best coach.  He needs to hold some guys more accountable than he does (I'm looking at you Ryder).  Other than that, you're complaints have nothing to back them up.  Seguin is 18, and as much as I hate when Claude benches him, he's trying to form career habits for the kid. As for Caron, there was no room for him on the squad after Savard came back, so why let him rot in the press box?  He's better off going to Providence and seeing ice time.  Rask vs Thomas?  I hate to say it, but Thomas has outplayed Rask so far, despite the fact that the Bruins don't score when Rask plays. 

My thing about Julien is that he's a good coach, but he's only going to get you so far.  He's perfect for a team that's rebuilding or on the playoff bubble, but not for a team like the Bruins who have the potential to be a legitimate cup contender.  His defense first system has gotten old, and he refuses to mix things up.  He's stubborn and likes to stick to the system, which is good sometimes, but not anymore.  Plus, he doesn't really know how to inspire a team.  Anywhere else he would've been fired after the collapse, but for some reason Chiarelli decides he wasn't responsible (not fully, but partially).  Replace him with Millbury and this team will be whipped into shape faster than you can say "Fire Julien".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

How come rask is so brittle he will just "lose confidence" on the bench.. I don't remember anyone complaining when the bruins rode rask into the play offs last season, and our vezina winner was a backup and being tossed around in trade rumors..

Thomas has earned the time and deserves to be playing, rask should be preparing and staying sharp, if he cant do that he wont have a very long career in the NHL. 

The fact is, people just want to see rask play so they can talk up the "trade thomas" talk again.. Last year he was an "over paid backup"

Now hes the best goalie in the league, and "we're playing him to much, and hurting rask development"..

Boohoo..

Rask will play when he deserves to play, just like last season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

All my opinions:

1) Julien has had no problem playing rookies as pointed out by winexpos.
    2) Overplaying someone who is a candidate for MVP of the league is a good thing no matter what position he plays.
    3) Ryder has outplayed Seguin and Caron.

My conclusion , SCAO's post is full of _ _ _ _ !

Sections
Shortcuts