How to replace Kelley ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

How to replace Kelley ?

Is it time to call Spooner ? Like Peverley-Caron-Spooner, and Paille-Thornton-Campbell ?

I think Caron is reliable enough to play with Pev on center and a baby B.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: How to replace Kelley ?

Peverley slides into center. Caron has the left or right side and either one of Paille or Pandolfo take the last spot....for the short term. Expect a trade soon...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Peverley slides into center. Caron has the left or right side and either one of Paille or Pandolfo take the last spot....for the short term. Expect a trade soon...

Paille deserves the promotion to the 3rd line. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Paille deserves the promotion to the 3rd line. 

I agree. Although, to be fair Pandolfo was not entirely horrible when he played on the third line a couple of games ago. But, again, neither are a long term solution.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Chris Kelly traveling to Pittsburgh

Posted by Fluto Shinzawa, Globe Staff March 11, 2013 10:46 PM

Claude Julien did not issue an update on Chris Kelly’s condition. Kelly appeared to injure his left knee at 0:42 of the second period after colliding with Chris Neil.

Kelly will travel to Pittsburgh instead of returning to Boston. Kelly will be re-evaluated upon the team’s arrival in Pittsburgh.

Julien said Neil’s hit was an accident. Shawn Thornton asked Neil about the hit. The Senator said he didn’t mean to hit Kelly. Thornton accepted Neil’s answer.

---

Oh goodie.  "Enforcer" Thornton asked if he meant it and Neil said that he didn't.  His careless play injured a Bruin, but he didn't mean it, so the Skating Clown was forced to follow the rules and not beat him up for it.

Because that makes sense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Chris Kelly traveling to Pittsburgh

Posted by Fluto Shinzawa, Globe Staff March 11, 2013 10:46 PM

Claude Julien did not issue an update on Chris Kelly’s condition. Kelly appeared to injure his left knee at 0:42 of the second period after colliding with Chris Neil.

Kelly will travel to Pittsburgh instead of returning to Boston. Kelly will be re-evaluated upon the team’s arrival in Pittsburgh.

Julien said Neil’s hit was an accident. Shawn Thornton asked Neil about the hit. The Senator said he didn’t mean to hit Kelly. Thornton accepted Neil’s answer.

---

Oh goodie.  "Enforcer" Thornton asked if he meant it and Neil said that he didn't.  His careless play injured a Bruin, but he didn't mean it, so the Skating Clown was forced to follow the rules and not beat him up for it.

Because that makes sense.

LOL  ... I commented on the homepage .  What did he think Neil would say !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

LOL  ... I commented on the homepage .  What did he think Neil would say !!!

Probably something along the lines of:

"Yeah I did it and I was glad. Glad I tells yah!"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

mckenzie tweeted that original exam indicated no structural damage to knee.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

and what that means is no ACL tear. an ACL tear can pretty much be diagnosed 5 minutes after the injury by a trainer. they never give official word because they want to do an MRI first, but this means he should be back by playoffs. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Neil and Kelly are very good friends off the ice.  Kelly was faking.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I want Lucic to open up Neil like a tomato can again.

No structural damage is good news.  The fact he went to Pittsburgh is really good news.  There's just no reason for him to go to Pittsburgh other than because he's not badly hurt.  He'd either be on his way to Boston or even staying in Ottawa if he needed any kind of surgery.  Here's hoping it's a mild sprain or something and he'll be back in 10 games or so - so by Saturday.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Lots of options for how to play it.  Campbell could centre Caron and Peverley.  Peverley could centre Caron and Paille.  Either option will be reasonably responsible.  Dropping Spooner in the mix would be interesting to see if that line could be more effective on the offensive side, but that won't happen vs. Pitt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Regardless if anyone is injured, Spooner should be brought up for a few games to see if he can spark some more offense on the 3rd line.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Regardless if anyone is injured, Spooner should be brought up for a few games to see if he can spark some more offense on the 3rd line.

I agree with this.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Leave Skinner in Providence. Let him develop. CJ will only play him 4-5 minutes up here anyway which is a waste....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I like JMW 's suggestion of Pandolfo at this time. I was even going to applaud Thorny's hustle in the first period until he reverted to form and took out Paille in the offensive zone. His macho comment with Neil further indicates just how stupid this guy is. Claude is still mesmerized which is a poor judgement on his part. Maybe Kreji should be double shifted all the time, he sure seemed to step it up last night. Marchand is hurting from a few games ago, hope his body recovers soon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Leave Skinner in Providence. Let him develop. CJ will only play him 4-5 minutes up here anyway which is a waste....

Hmm Rutherford traded Skinner to Providence and I didn't even know it, such a shocker.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Hmm Rutherford traded Skinner to Providence and I didn't even know it, such a shocker.

lol....meant Spooner, was looking at Carolina stats when typing that.....:)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GillesGilbert. Show GillesGilbert's posts

I hope they didn't have to give up Cross in the deal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Or Button.  Button is untouchable.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Why is everyone acting like he's done? What is the diagnosis?

Unclear until the swelling goes down....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bstn2k11. Show bstn2k11's posts

Islanders are looking to unload Boyes. He's probably the best 3rd liner out there who can center and play wing. 

Sections
Shortcuts