How To Use The Quote Feature Part 93 (a quick tutorial)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How To Use The Quote Feature Part 93 (a quick tutorial)

There are two elements of the quote feature.  There is the open and the close.

The open looks like this:  [quote]

The close looks very similar, but has the "/" in it.

If you only have one, it doesn't work.

Everything between the open and close gets highlighted and quoted.

Hopefully this helps, because reading these posts is sometimes next to impossible.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Re: How To Use The Quote Feature Part 93 (a quick tutorial)

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

There are two elements of the quote feature.  There is the open and the close.

The open looks like this:  [quote]

The close looks very similar, but has the "/" in it.

If you only have one, it doesn't work.

Everything between the open and close gets highlighted and quoted.

Hopefully this helps, because reading these posts is sometimes next to impossible.

What will be next lesson, cut copy and paste for i can transfer info to my feedback or discussions. Go Bruins. Have a good day NAS.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I don't get it -

can you start over?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

another point,  also try to make the content easier to grasp.

Only include the last response, or the part of the last response you want to respond to.

Why underline only the 1 sentence or 2 you want to respond to?  

Doesn't it flow better if you just delete the lines? as  I've done in this response.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Also delete what your not going to address in the reply so it doesn't take up a whole freakin page please. It only takes a second Shup!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Only include the last response, or the part of the last response you want to respond to.

Doesn't it flow better if you just delete the lines? as  I've done in this response.

Emphasising specific parts is good to avoid giving the impression of taking things out of context.  Here's an example:

[QUOTE]

as  I've done

[/QUOTE]

We don't want to know what you've done.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You can also put words in people's mouths if you know how the system works:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

shuperman is my hero.  I have shuperman underoos.

I KNEW IT!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Emphasising specific parts is good to avoid giving the impression of taking things out of context.  Here's an example:

as  I've done

We don't want to know what you've done.

Agreed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Especially with the long initial posts - For example, if you reply to my post in the realignment thread, please DON"T quote it - it has two lists in it so if everyone quotes and requotes the damn thing, that thread will turn into novel length pretty quickly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I KNEW IT!

Shuperman might be his hero, but he worships me.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I KNEW IT!

But how could they possibly know?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Nite, Shup, SteveGM and bostonfan191646. You are taking up whole pages with your replys, Please Stop. Good grief everyone has gotten it...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Adjusting to ipod.  If it annoys san and nas there is no way i can stop doing it.  its a guilty pleasure of mine now.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I like kane a lot.  Mainly for doing something the bruins couldnt.  His one punch of cooke is just awesome.  

Kane is very young, i think hes very immature.  But i also see a lot of iggy in him.  He can dominate, plays power game, skilled and can flat out fly.  If this offer were even close to being valid i would do it in a heart beat but thats based a lot of my not really being a fan of DK.  

Its not happening.  But i would like to see seguin at center. 

Seguin kane lucic. 

Horton bergie marchand.  

Not happening and i dont want to touch the top 2 lines.  

I want sarich and jackman from calgary.  And i want chimera for the 3rd line. 

if you want seguin at center why do you have him listed at left wing? and do you want a whole new team while you're at it?

Just stop it.  I named the 6 fwds.  And news flash.  Its the nhl.  Players at fwd position can play other positions especially switching wings.  i dont want horton on the lw either.   did i mention stop it.  Ok good. 

No.  Not a new team.  I want chimera on the 3rd.  Presently a vacant spot there.  I want jackman for the 4th line bc he can play and can fight when the need arises.  ST to the bleachers, hes just a bad player and no longer fights.   And i want sarich for depth.  I dont trust AF this year and should there be any type of injury he can fill in and in my eyes is an upgrade back there.   

do you think the bruins are gonna have the current lineup when the playoffs start?  A 3rd line winger and a depth dman is a must in my eyes.  Not immediately, but prior to deadline. 

3rd line winger and a depth d man? absolutely reasonable. 3rd line winger, 4th line winger, d man, trading your leading scorer and top center for a winger, and then moving a winger to center to accomodate the move? not reasonable. 

You need to read better.  Ive said two times that i dont think this trade happens.  I would love it to happen.  But not gonna. I dont think we need a major upgrade which is why i continue to mention small upgrades on the bottom 6 and 7th def.  

right. i understand that. but you said that is what you would "like" to happen. and i'm just confused as to why you want so much turnover on what is a really good team.

Simply put.  We are a two line team at the moment.  We are winning so i understand patience waiting until teams fall out.  3rd line winger.  We need one to help kelly and pev.  4th line grit.  I like jackman bc he can kill some penalties and pot the occasional goal.  He also is willing to drop the gloves.  

i think we need another dman.  I dont like the way AF has been playing and depth on the backend is needed in a long playoff run.  I mentioned sarich bc he has a friendly cap hit of 2 million and can do what AF does, he also is a gritty hard hitting playoff type dman.  If AF wants too much he can go.  

Its not a lot of turnover.  Its adding to 3 areas that i see as a weakness. I think this team can win it all with some tweeks.  I dont think a move of any of the top 6 is nec.   I said i would do a dk for kane move in a minute.  I dont think it happens.  

This team wont win with 2 lines.  

so, if you could wake up in the morning and have DK gone with Kane, and the 3 other players you suggested added, you would approve? and we'll just say for arguments sake we have to give up 1 good prospect, 2 mid level prospects, and a mid level pick to get it done

Yes.  

If i could wake up tomorrow with kane, chimera, jackman and sarich for dk and what you offered. Yes.  as quickly as i could make it happen.  

I however dont think dk for kane will happen.  And i am content with upgrading the areas of weakness which are 3-4th line depth and another veteran dman for a long playoff run.  

my point is why would you want that kane deal? you said it yourself the top 6 is carrying this team right now. why mess with it?

Bc kane is a stud young player with a mountain of potential and is stuck in winnipeg.  Bruins fans would love him.  I dont like dk.  Im very content with the top 6 but if any offer improves the team short and long term i do it.  i wouldnt trade anyone from thje bergie line or lucic.  If the right offer came for horton or dk i would do it.  Y

This stupid, annoying and lazy nothing more. We don't even know who or what you are replying too...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That one was killing me!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

That one was killing me!

I will do my best from this point forward.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I like kane a lot.  Mainly for doing something the bruins couldnt.  His one punch of cooke is just awesome.  

Kane is very young, i think hes very immature.  But i also see a lot of iggy in him.  He can dominate, plays power game, skilled and can flat out fly.  If this offer were even close to being valid i would do it in a heart beat but thats based a lot of my not really being a fan of DK.  

Seguin kane lucic. 

Horton bergie marchand.  

if you want seguin at center why do you have him listed at left wing? and do you want a whole new team while you're at it?

Just stop it.  I named the 6 fwds.  And news flash.  Its the nhl.  Players at fwd position can play other positions especially switching wings.  i dont want horton on the lw either.   did i mention stop it.  Ok good. 

No.  Not a new team.  I want chimera on the 3rd.  Presently a vacant spot there.  I want jackman for the 4th line bc he can play and can fight when the need arises.  ST to the bleachers, hes just a bad player and no longer fights.   And i want sarich for depth.  I dont trust AF this year and should there be any type of injury he can fill in and in my eyes is an upgrade back there.   

do you think the bruins are gonna have the current lineup when the playoffs start?  A 3rd line winger and a depth dman is a must in my eyes.  Not immediately, but prior to deadline. 

3rd line winger and a depth d man? absolutely reasonable. 3rd line winger, 4th line winger, d man, trading your leading scorer and top center for a winger, and then moving a winger to center to accomodate the move? not reasonable. 

You need to read better.  Ive said two times that i dont think this trade happens.  I would love it to happen.  But not gonna. I dont think we need a major upgrade which is why i continue to mention small upgrades on the bottom 6 and 7th def.  

right. i understand that. but you said that is what you would "like" to happen. and i'm just confused as to why you want so much turnover on what is a really good team.

Simply put.  We are a two line team at the moment.  We are winning so i understand patience waiting until teams fall out.  3rd line winger.  We need one to help kelly and pev.  4th line grit.  I like jackman bc he can kill some penalties and pot the occasional goal.  He also is willing to drop the gloves.  

i think we need another dman.  I dont like the way AF has been playing and depth on the backend is needed in a long playoff run.  I mentioned sarich bc he has a friendly cap hit of 2 million and can do what AF does, he also is a gritty hard hitting playoff type dman.  If AF wants too much he can go.  

Its not a lot of turnover.  Its adding to 3 areas that i see as a weakness. I think this team can win it all with some tweeks.  I dont think a move of any of the top 6 is nec.   I said i would do a dk for kane move in a minute.  I dont think it happens.  

so, if you could wake up in the morning and have DK gone with Kane, and the 3 other players you suggested added, you would approve? and we'll just say for arguments sake we have to give up 1 good prospect, 2 mid level prospects, and a mid level pick to get it done

Yes.  

If i could wake up tomorrow with kane, chimera, jackman and sarich for dk and what you offered. Yes.  as quickly as i could make it happen.  

I however dont think dk for kane will happen.  And i am content with upgrading the areas of weakness which are 3-4th line depth and another veteran dman for a long playoff run.  

my point is why would you want that kane deal? you said it yourself the top 6 is carrying this team right now. why mess with it?

Bc kane is a stud young player with a mountain of potential and is stuck in winnipeg.  Bruins fans would love him.  I dont like dk.  Im very content with the top 6 but if any offer improves the team short and long term i do it.  i wouldnt trade anyone from thje bergie line or lucic.  If the right offer came for horton or dk i would do it.  Y

This stupid, annoying and lazy nothing more. We don't even know who or what you are replying too...

What's troubling you Sir?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Nothing now that I know "Imafan"s post was removed . Nice reply!                  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Seguin kane lucic. 

Horton bergie marchand.  

Yes.  

What's troubling you Sir?

I will not change for you or nas.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The ignore button feature works great for this problem.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In all honesty.  I apologize.  The reply feature is easy.  Im having major ipad issues.  I will address by name and go from there. 

obviously the ignore feature doesnt work that well. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In all honesty.  I apologize.  The reply feature is easy.  Im having major ipad issues.  I will address by name and go from there. 

It's just that posters would really hate to miss anything from this riveting thread.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You don't have to apologize but do I come here to read the replys and watch you fumble with your new found toy :D

Sections
Shortcuts