How would CJ handle Subban?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

How would CJ handle Subban?

I caught the end of the Habs drubbing of Detroit last night and learned that PK was benched for the entire second period for taking a penalty during a Monteal PP.  Post game, Milbury was saying it wasn't enough - suggesting that Cunnyworth should have benched him for the rest of the game if he really wanted to send PK a message. 

The kid needs to grow up, make better decisions on the ice, and put his team well before himself (TT reference unintended).  He's just not getting it, and someone needs to lower the boom.

I think CJ would have kept him out for the remainder of the game, and probably even healthy-scratched him for the next game.  It would be a shame if PK doesn't figure it out - he's fun to watch but such a jerk.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: How would CJ handle Subban?

My guess is that CJ  and the Bruins would not have put up with his antics that last time they played the B's.  That is, laughing and giggling through the 3rd period of a critical game for the team, while they were losing by 2 goals against a bitter rival.  Not to mention the turtling in the fight and continuous taunting.  I think the veteran players on the Bruins wouldn't tolerate that.  You shouldn't be happy when you are losing, and backing down from a fight while laughing doesn't inspire your teammates much.  It's funny because Cunneyworth was a tough, honest player.  I would think this stuff would drive him nuts, but maybe I am just biased because Subban irritates me so much with the antics.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to How would CJ handle Subban?:
    I caught the end of the Habs drubbing of Detroit last night and learned that PK was benched for the entire second period for taking a penalty during a Monteal PP.  Post game, Milbury was saying it wasn't enough - suggesting that Cunnyworth should have benched him for the rest of the game if he really wanted to send PK a message.  The kid needs to grow up, make better decisions on the ice, and put his team well before himself (TT reference unintended).  He's just not getting it, and someone needs to lower the boom. I think CJ would have kept him out for the remainder of the game, and probably even healthy-scratched him for the next game.  It would be a shame if PK doesn't figure it out - he's fun to watch but such a jerk.
    Posted by hangnail

Subban has been benched and he has been scratched from multiple games. Problem in Montreal is he is one of their best players and they are losing a lot.  His elbow after getting hit was just dumb. 
    I think Montreal may trade him.  He would fetch a lot of talent. 
    I will make a trade up and actually thought about it.
    Plekanec/Subban for Carlson/Semin/Perrault. 

Carlson is also having a bad second year.  Perrault and Semin for Plekanec(whos had an off year).  Montreal has had interest in Semin before. 

Love armchair GM.  It does help both teams though

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

Would love to see Semin in a habs jersey. The other two...not so much.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfansince67. Show bruinsfansince67's posts

Wow, less than a year ago many, many members of Bruins nation (oh, it hurts to use that term) wanted to run CJ out of town for overplaying his favorites, remember?  Now, he is (as I always thought he was) the gold standard of coaches who teach their players a lesson when they misbehave (read, Seguin, Marhcand, etc)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Well, Claude's a strategist, so figure he anticipates that once they both have a good grip, he needs to start slow or Subban would just turtle.  Maybe start with a few of those left jabs where he's still hanging on to the jersey, but just getting in Subby's face.  He's just waiting for Subban to try one of those ridiculous cartoon haymakers and as soon as he sees it, I think he shifts his grip, slips the punch, and starts feeding the off-balance Subban rights in the teeth.  Probably get about three or four good ones in before Subban thinks to fall down - and you might even be able to keep him up for a fifth if you have the right grip.

What?  OH!  As a coach?  Pfft.  Who cares, it will never happen.

(Also, Cunneyworth did with PK exactly what Julien does with Marchand to rein him in - wonder where he got the idea?)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

I don't think they will trade Subban - he has been a bright draft pick and their future revolves aroung him. I am not a racist - but if they trade him, half of this city (I live in Montreal) will go up in flames.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I honestly think that if Subban were a Bruins it would never get to this point. Only because of the stability of the front office and the leadership on the ice. His antics long ago would have been addressed by Chara, who i imagine he would have been paired with. That doesnt do it then he gets benched, only on this team he would be held accountable much more and would have to have a sit down with Cam. He's a loose cannon, with a lame duck coach, so that isnt helping..I have a ton of respect for Randy Cunneyworth, Randy Ladoceur, etc.. they were hard nosed players and I'm sure their terrific coaches, it's unfair they were thrown into this whole french speaking or not speaking fire-strom, but the players know they wont be here next year...It's no secret I've admired Subban skill set and am a fan of Carey Price, I also think Cunneyworth and Ladoceur deserve a better fate, so for those reasons i hope they turn it around up there...Like I've said before, it's too bad he continues to act like this, we should be talking about his talents and not his antics....Maybe he'll grow up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm pretty disappointed in Claude Noel right now, so I wouldn't complain if Cunneyworth ended up in the Peg next year.

I agree Kel that on the Bruins, Subban's behaviour would never have reached this point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: How would CJ handle Subban?:
    I honestly think that if Subban were a Bruins it would never get to this point. Only because of the stability of the front office and the leadership on the ice. His antics long ago would have been addressed by Chara, who i imagine he would have been paired with. That doesnt do it then he gets benched, only on this team he would be held accountable much more and would have to have a sit down with Cam. He's a loose cannon, with a lame duck coach, so that isnt helping..I have a ton of respect for Randy Cunneyworth, Randy Ladoceur, etc.. they were hard nosed players and I'm sure their terrific coaches, it's unfair they were thrown into this whole french speaking or not speaking fire-strom, but the players know they wont be here next year...It's no secret I've admired Subban skill set and am a fan of Carey Price, I also think Cunneyworth and Ladoceur deserve a better fate, so for those reasons i hope they turn it around up there...Like I've said before, it's too bad he continues to act like this, we should be talking about his talents and not his antics....Maybe he'll grow up.
    Posted by kelvana33

I will disagree.  And you know why.  Subban and player X have it in their genetic makeup to play that way. 
    Both are great talents.  Both are "that way"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: How would CJ handle Subban? : I will disagree.  And you know why.  Subban and player X have it in their genetic makeup to play that way.  Both are great talents.  Both are "that way"
    Posted by shuperman

And that could be the case as well, might be one of those players who never gets it. ..I wonder how a late 80's early 90's Mike Keenan would handle him?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I seem to remember a few incidents last year where Marchand's face sombered-up quickly after an interaction with Recchi.  Any Canadiens that could do that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I seem to remember a few incidents last year where Marchand's face sombered-up quickly after an interaction with Recchi.  Any Canadiens that could do that?
    Posted by DrCC

Keith Jones said Gill reeled him in a few times last year.  Maybe PK is strongly entrenched in Camellari's camp, has turned a deaf ear, and wants out too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to How would CJ handle Subban? : Subban has been benched and he has been scratched from multiple games. Problem in Montreal is he is one of their best players and they are losing a lot.  His elbow after getting hit was just dumb.  I think Montreal may trade him.  He would fetch a lot of talent.  I will make a trade up and actually thought about it. Plekanec/Subban for Carlson/Semin/Perrault.  Carlson is also having a bad second year.  Perrault and Semin for Plekanec(whos had an off year).  Montreal has had interest in Semin before.  Love armchair GM.  It does help both teams though
    Posted by shuperman

shupe I don't follow the Habs as closely as before...has he been a healthy scratch this season?  If not, when was the last time?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Red, yup on Cunneyworth, a good fit.  Suban in my mind is an excellent player.  Like Marchand, almost to a hyper degree, he has flopped, cajoled, and laughed at the honor of the game with his antics.  The fact is he is 22.  So, yup, CJ with the talent on the Bs team would be able to reign in his poor sportsmanship.  Montreal will not trade him, maybe there is a French Canadien speaking coach (CJ post partem, hahahha) who can make the young man realize that youth has a purpose in the NHL, but not with his antics.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: How would CJ handle Subban? : shupe I don't follow the Habs as closely as before...has he been a healthy scratch this season?  If not, when was the last time?
    Posted by hangnail

Recently...he and Lars Eller under Randy.  Back to back as well I believe.  And you could be right....maybe he wants out. 

Sections
Shortcuts