How's everyone feeling about the B's this offseason?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

How's everyone feeling about the B's this offseason?

I know their has been discussion of signings and who to trade, but how is everyone feeling about this team going forward? If nothing changes, I think the roster will be a little weaker with the loss of Iginla. Just a little.....I dont know much about some of the P Bruins, but Im not sold on Caron moving into a roster spot. I think he has had enough time to make it and just has not shown it. Id definitely like to see someone else brought in for a shot. Anyway, I have mixed emotions about how the team will look and perform this year. Here's to hoping someone else steps in and steps up, like Smith did. No one expected that. And Soderberg had a great year. Hopefully loui can perform better. Anyway, with the STUPID cap situation, its really not helping the B's. Makes for some boring offseason action when there isnt anything to work with. Maybe it will pick up before the season starts, but its all speculation right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: How's everyone feeling about the B's this offseason?

Losing your top goal guy hurts but the team has one of the best goalies, chara and bergie.  Its a defense first team that is sound.  Loui replaces Iggy.  Im betting he takes off next year.  I think Boychuk gets dealt for a cheap young player...likely a rw.  

The team isnt as strong as i had hoped...but its mid july.  Play the kids...lets see what we have...deal Kelly asap.  Wait till deadline and address moves then.  

The Eastern conference just isnt that strong....the team as we see it today is still the best team in the East.  The west is a different story.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Nothing special, obviously, but this was a very good team last season, the best I've seen, and they folded in the clutch.

Losing Iggy hurts, but Loui is here for a reason. It is time for him to step up.

The B's still have a very good core, and IMO once they can beat the Habs in the playoffs, they will have the real monkey off their back. I'm confident in them beating the Pens, Rangers and anyone else in the East.

I have confidence that they can reach the finals this season without a doubt. This is still a very good team. They just didn't play their best hockey at the right time.

Can't wait until fall

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I feel great.   Iggy's gone and the B's drafted a better version of Tyler Seguin who plays wing. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I feel great.   Iggy's gone and the B's drafted a better version of Tyler Seguin who plays wing. 

[/QUOTE]

We drafted a franchise top 5 scorer.  I must have missed this.  I hope you are right.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Fantastic!

You will never find a more wretched hive of SCUM and VILLAINY.

-Obi-Wan Kenobi

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Trying to remember what happened to the all mighty Seguin in the playoffs the past three seasons. How the Bruins offense survived without the irreplaceable Tyler.

Quick Paul Simon write a song about long lost Iggy!

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Losing your top goal guy hurts but the team has one of the best goalies, chara and bergie.  Its a defense first team that is sound.  Loui replaces Iggy.  Im betting he takes off next year.  I think Boychuk gets dealt for a cheap young player...likely a rw.  

The team isnt as strong as i had hoped...but its mid july.  Play the kids...lets see what we have...deal Kelly asap.  Wait till deadline and address moves then.  

The Eastern conference just isnt that strong....the team as we see it today is still the best team in the East.  The west is a different story.  

[/QUOTE]

That's the deal right there!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Since 1978 was I am confident for the 2013 Bruins to go all the way. This year we have to deal with the Cap in a big way and I’m not ready to give away anyone just yet. A give and go Trade seems inevitable at this point.

It’s true we need a RW to come from some ware. The future still looks bright. Lets lick our wounds, regroup with what we have and access things come spring. We should know much more about our young talent by then. Things are still good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Glad to hear from everyone. Seems everyone is still pretty confident in what we have. Dont get me wrong, I still know we have a great team, but was curious how the majority felt. Seems pretty positive. I'll admit its frustrating losing to the Habs always has been always will. But how do they not get past the Rangers after beating the B's. Just annoying the only get up for a B's series. Or at least is just seems that way, because of the rivalry and history between the two teams. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wait till deadline and address moves then.  

[/QUOTE]

Assuming there are deals to be had then. If not....then its Mez/Potter time!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I love the team as it is.  There hasn't been something fun like the signing of Iginla, but at the same time we go into the season knowing Smith is a 20g, 50pt guy when last year he was just a prospect.  It's a lot like '12-13, but Eriksson replaces Horton as a guy coming off concussion hoping for more and we want Smith instead of Seguin to take that next step.  And just like then we've lost some scoring skill from the third line, but that's easy enough to make up.

With Hamilton improving by leaps and bounds and Krug playing like the real deal, I really like the team's defense.  They need to clear some cap space - Bartowski and Kelly are my picks - but other than that I just want them to give a couple prospect forwards a chance and go with what they have.

If Smith gets a little more consistent, Eriksson returns to 70pt form, Soderberg doesn't regress and just one of the prospect forwards grabs his chance and scores some points, this team could be really exciting.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Better ?  you must be joking. we have no idea how he will develop.  Am I missing something ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Better ?  you must be joking. we have no idea how he will develop.  Am I missing something ?

[/QUOTE]

Your rose coloured glasses...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Bruins right now will not be signing any savior that some fans feel they lost .  Sure Iginla was good but he's not going to be better this season .

Bruins are good enough to compete for a good spot during the season. I think Chiarelli makes some moves along the way to make this team even better.  Looking forward to that.

Feeling is good and looking forward to a new season. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Your rose coloured glasses...

[/QUOTE]

and Fruit Loop Bruin PJ's .  I forget whom on here has a pair ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

I like this team, still. One of the benefits of the CJ/PC system is that you don't "need" a sniper, no matter how much everyone clamors for one. They play a d-first, balanced-scoring system and I actually expect this team to be better this season in a few key areas:

1. Defense: Bart, Krug, Miller, Hamilton were all 1st or 2nd year pros last season, and can only have learned and grown with the experience they got playing big minutes. It has been a long, long time since the Bruins have had so many dynamic PMD/offensive-defensemen. I'm really looking forward to the continued development of Hamilton (Doughty in the making?) and Miller (Boychuck lite?).

2. Team speed: addition by subtraction here, as the losses of Iginla and Thornton can't help but speed up the B's. As good as he was for the B's, I thought Iginla really slowed down the first line a lot last season. Lucic and Krejci both seem to benefit from having a speedier winger (Horton wasn't Pavel Bure by any means, but Iginla made Mark Recchi look like a speed demon). 

3. Team consistency and health: despite winning the President's Trophy last season, several Bruins players had sub-par seasons for health reasons (i.e. Eriksson, Kelly, Seidenberg) or sub-par post-seasons (too many to list). Losing to Montreal in the playoffs hurt, a lot, and I fully expect these guys to be more focused next season on finishing the year the way they want to.

I'd love to see one or two young guys step in and add some offense, whether it's Spooner, or Pastrnak, or Fraser/Florek.

I'm looking forward to this season for sure!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ha! there are many, many candidates from which to choose.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

Ha! there are many, many candidates from which to choose.

[/QUOTE]

Ha !  maybe we should start a thread on PJ's , not Stock ,  what type some of our posters have.  Shupe we all know it's either the black or red Spiderman. Dez  it's SpongeBob, I don't even want to imagine BookBoy's PJs.... maybe full of formula's and symbols from the movie a Beautiful Mind.

Nas sleeps naked

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

Ha !  maybe we should start a thread on PJ's , not Stock ,  what type some of our posters have.  Shupe we all know it's either the black or red Spiderman. Dez  it's SpongeBob, I don't even want to imagine BookBoy's PJs.... maybe full of formula's and symbols from the movie a Beautiful Mind.

[/QUOTE]

That is exactly how I pictured it....lol. Pocket protector in tow, scientific calculator in hand, Vivaldi playing in the background....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Right now i dont have alot of confidence this team is any better or for that matter a team that can compete in the eastern conference that everyone seems to think is weak.  Smith if resigned needs to repeat with a better season, his first half a huge surprise but he fell off in the 2nd half, possibly due to marchands inconsistency. Loui needs a health season and score the 30 lost in iggy. The prospects have a chance to show there stuff and be a part of this team, it only takes one to make a difference. Fall outs like lucic and krecji in the playoffs and some of the coaching has to improve, too many mistakes in the playoffs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Seriously, Legion?  You don't want to imagine my PJs but naked NAS just rolls off your fingers?

Are you not entertained?!?!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

And for the record, I just usually pull some old cardboard boxes and newspapers over my parka and sweatpants.  It gets chilly at night here....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seriously, Legion?  You don't want to imagine my PJs but naked NAS just rolls off your fingers?

[/QUOTE]

didn't roll off my fingers... he's Florida, you know ....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is exactly how I pictured it....lol. Pocket protector in tow, scientific calculator in hand, Vivaldi playing in the background....

[/QUOTE]

do we attempt to picture the DR ?  what about SanDog ? 50below I know, it's one of those jump suits with the feet, he and his wife have the matching PJs ;)

Sections
Shortcuts