Huge Win!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Re: Huge Win!

In Response to Re: Huge Win!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Huge Win! : exactly... and going 20 years without winning a second round matchup says what to you?
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]

20 years 20 years come on will u. what do do any of those teams have to do with years bruins team. is there some sort of carry over from those teams to this years team. u sited the 01 02 bruins 03 04 bruins what do they have to with this years team. nothing. its like your sitting there waiting to pounce on people who believe in this years team. so they they haven't advanced to the conferance finals in 20years so that automatically has to make people keep a regular season road win against the best team in the league in perspective. do u sit there and want them to lose? this team is better than last years team. do they have to get it done in the play-offs no doubt dude but that doesn't mean we have to hate on a good road win.who said that people didn't have this win in perspective? does anyone think cause they are having a great road trip means Stanley cup. i haven't seen that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Huge Win! : exactly... and going 20 years without winning a second round matchup says what to you?

I do agree. It is embarrassing. I define success as making it to the Conference finals. Everything else is gravy. Of course I want to win the cup but so many things outside of just pure skill has to go right for that to happen that it boggles the mind. If there were a surefire template to use to do so there would be more dynasties....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

This was a great win.  The team was outplayed in the first half of the game, but slowly gained momentum against a powerhouse western team.  No reason for Bruins fans to be unhappy with this game.  Hopefully Ference is alright, and hopefully the team has some energy left for a speedy Oilers team tomorrow night. 

It will be tough for the team to keep it rolling in Edminton, regardless of the Oiler's record.  22 hours between starts coupled with travel are a sure recipie for a fatigued team.  The media will be focused on Tyler versus Taylor, but the Bruins need to play a very basic game or they will go from winning against the best team in the league to losing to the worst team in the league in less than 24 hours.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Just a question but...you see the irony in making a big deal of winning a second round series, right?  There's winning a Stanley Cup, and then there's all this other b.s. "data" that the media chucks at the wall to have something to talk about.  I used to love listening to Toronto media talking about making the Finals, that it would be so much better in Laff land if they had just made the Finals once or twice since 67.

They haven't won a second round series in that stretch because for the first ten years, they tried quick fix after quick fix to win with Bourque and injuries (Neely, Iafrate) bad goaltending, and a lack of depth killed them.  The second ten years, they also had injuries (Allison, Samsonov, Thornton), and they tried to build around a guy who just wasn't able to be the foundation.  They had to tear it down.  Five years after dusting the bottom again, they look like a team that can play with anyone.  And now we're up to date.

Point more than anything is you can't win the Stanley Cup in February.  Last night, the Bruins played the best team in the league in their building and won.  That's the kind of thing you have to be able to do to win a Stanley Cup, though, and I think people here are suggesting that it's an encouraging sign to see them do it.  And because, again, it would violate the laws of physics to win a series played in June in February, that's about all they could have accomplished last night.  So quit beyatching.  Or beyachting, which is what spoiled rich kids do while spending their million dollar allowance while waiting for their trust funds.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Great Regular season win... let's put it in perespective shall we... 2009-10   91 points  #6 seed - Lost on home ice Round 2 2008-09 116 points #1 seed - Lost on home ice Round 2 2003-04 104 points #2 seed - Lost on home ice Round 1 2001-02 101 points #1 seed - Lost on home ice Round 1
    You can draw up a similar chart for most teams in the league but I suppose you feel better trashing Boston  whether they win or lose.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The Bruins can not make the playoffs and I will still be watching and cheering.  You sound like a 2004 Red Sox fan.  We don't need you as a fan.  Those that are loyal cheer for their team no matter what.  Problem is when they win guys like you run around swearing you are the biggest fan ever. 

The Habs and Leafs havent won in a while either.  Should their fans just stop cheering on their team?  The Red Sox are my prime example.  How many new fans came outta the wood work after they won.  Problem is they are the worst fans b/c if the team isnt winning they are no where to be seen. 

Last night was a huge win.  Anyway you cut it.  They are on a western swing which is always difficult.  They beat one of the best teams in the league.  Regular season wins don't mean anything in the playoffs other providing confidence/or lack thereof.  This win was big on many fronts.
    Chara- shuts down the Sedins!  Who has done that this year. 
    Lucic- as harsh as I have been he is proving me wrong.  And to be honest I am glad.  Thrilled.
    Bergie- amazing player. 
    DK- when he is on he is unreal.
    Horton- I believe I am wrong on him as well b/c he is a physical beast and will be a good playoff guy.
    Boychuk- played great last night and can be a physical presence
    Kelly- outside of Thomas he was my 1st star last night.  He is exactly what we needed.  Two huge blocks and two huge faceoffs late.  You win with guys like that that will do all the small things to help your team win. He was vital last night.
    TT- MVP and Vezina thank you very much. 

So many good things that its impossible not to smile today.  You are a type of person that loves to stir the pot and to bring people down.  Your "they haven't shown me anything" attitude is boring.  No one can predict the future but you already have them losing.  Hopefully your life is more pleasant than the person you have portrayed on here. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]40, The Bruins can not make the playoffs and I will still be watching and cheering.  You sound like a 2004 Red Sox fan.  We don't need you as a fan.  Those that are loyal cheer for their team no matter what.  Problem is when they win guys like you run around swearing you are the biggest fan ever.  The Habs and Leafs havent won in a while either.  Should their fans just stop cheering on their team?  The Red Sox are my prime example.  How many new fans came outta the wood work after they won.  Problem is they are the worst fans b/c if the team isnt winning they are no where to be seen.  Last night was a huge win.  Anyway you cut it.  They are on a western swing which is always difficult.  They beat one of the best teams in the league.  Regular season wins don't mean anything in the playoffs other providing confidence/or lack thereof.  This win was big on many fronts. Chara- shuts down the Sedins!  Who has done that this year.  Lucic- as harsh as I have been he is proving me wrong.  And to be honest I am glad.  Thrilled. Bergie- amazing player.  DK- when he is on he is unreal. Horton- I believe I am wrong on him as well b/c he is a physical beast and will be a good playoff guy. Boychuk- played great last night and can be a physical presence Kelly- outside of Thomas he was my 1st star last night.  He is exactly what we needed.  Two huge blocks and two huge faceoffs late.  You win with guys like that that will do all the small things to help your team win. He was vital last night. TT- MVP and Vezina thank you very much.  So many good things that its impossible not to smile today.  You are a type of person that loves to stir the pot and to bring people down.  Your "they haven't shown me anything" attitude is boring.  No one can predict the future but you already have them losing.  Hopefully your life is more pleasant than the person you have portrayed on here. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Great post Shupe!When I picked up my girlfriend from work this morning ,even she was excited about the win as she knew the affect it would have on my demeanor.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]So if the Bruins go out in the first or second round again i hope all you SHEEP will be the first ones back here to eat crow. I love how I'm a hater and a troll because of pointing out facts... sorry but I have seen the Bruins regular season act before... alot of you need to grow up Almost 2 decades aka 20 years for you slow ones since the Bruins won a 2nd round series... sorry for those pesky facts again I wil continue to be skeptical until this organization proves they can break the second round barrier

Regular season games can be fun.  Regular season games, of which there are presently 82 of, can be a lot of fun.  Last night was a great game to watch.  It was a lot of fun to be a part of from our couches, our chairs, our living rooms and our bedrooms.    As Bruins fans, we really enjoyed the game and the outcome.

And then you feel the need to try to bring everyone down.

That's why you're a jerk.  Either you're a fan of another team and want to stir the pot, or you're a Bruins fan who wallows in misery and cannot stand when others are happy while you are not.  Contrary points, negative attitudes are expect here.  You are motivated by being a jerk.  There is no room here for you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Huge Win! : Regular season games can be fun.  Regular season games, of which there are presently 82 of, can be a lot of fun.  Last night was a great game to watch.  It was a lot of fun to be a pat of from our couches, our chairs, our living rooms and our bedrooms.    As Bruins fans, we really enjoyed the game and the outcome. And then you feel the need to try to bring everyone down. That's why you're a jerk.  Either you're a fan of another team and want to stir the pot, or you're a Bruins fan who wallows in misery and cannot stand when others are happy while you are not.  Contrary points, negative attitudes are expect here.  You are motivated by being a jerk.  There is no room here for you.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I will second that motion. 

Although you called me a closet Canadian fan and a jerk. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

40Yrs, you are entitled to show your interpretation of support in any manner you see fit but come on, man.  Live in the present with the rest of us, look forward to the rest of the season with some optimism, be it cautious to embrace your own hesitance in the Bruins or otherwise but leave the past behind. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I will third that.  And constantly bringing up a negative at a positive time may be a sign of depression.  You may need help.  Do you also worry about Monday all through your weekend and think about rain on sunny days?

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Huge Win! : I will second that motion.  Although you called me a closet Canadian fan and a jerk. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Huge Win! : 40Yrs, you are entitled to show your interpretation of support in any manner you see fit but come on, man.  Live in the present with the rest of us, look forward to the rest of the season with some optimism, be it cautious to embrace your own hesitance in the Bruins or otherwise but leave the past behind. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

rich i hear that completely. your support is your support and how u interpret is on u, but not for nothing his first post about how the bruins have been great during regular season and managed to blow home ice started not even 5 mins after the game was over. u can check yourself. at 1228am is when bergeron scored the empty net goal. 1230am posted"looks like we have another good/great road team this season. anyone else nervous about being a home seed again in the play-offs this year?(see 08/09 09/10)"and just more of his venom from there on. he was waiting for the game to get over so could just start his stuff.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Huge Win! : Seems alot of hockey people outside of Boston see the Bruins as a cup threat.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Outside of Boston are the key words in your statement.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Newfish Kelly with a big faceoff win b4 the game winner.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Huge Win! : rich i hear that completely. your support is your support and how u interpret is on u, but not for nothing his first post about how the bruins have been great during regular season and managed to blow home ice started not even 5 mins after the game was over. u can check yourself. at 1228am is when bergeron scored the empty net goal. 1230am posted"looks like we have another good/great road team this season. anyone else nervous about being a home seed again in the play-offs this year?(see 08/09 09/10)"and just more of his venom from there on. he was waiting for the game to get over so could just start his stuff.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]

Loyal - I guess to each his own, bro.  Some folks may view a victory over the Canucks, Flyers or any other top club in the league as having more impressive merit or accomplishment than defeating the Sens. 

Perhaps others may see each situation as simply wins regardless of whom the Bruins defeat because they look the same in the standings.  That's cool, too. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Huge Win! : Loyal - I guess to each his own, bro.  Some folks may view a victory over the Canucks, Flyers or any other top club in the league as having more impressive merit or accomplishment than defeating the Sens.  Perhaps others may see each situation as simply wins regardless of whom the Bruins defeat because they look the same in the standings.  That's cool, too. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

its just the delling on the past that gets me but your right who am i to say.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Huge Win! : Outside of Boston are the key words in your statement.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

You're obviously not from Boston.  If you were, you'd be a man and have some pride. You'd go to this thread:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3ab95ec70d-a8fb-47e2-833b-7bf6b7a35997&plckCurrentPage=5

and say, "Yeah, I was totally wrong about that."

Instead, you close your eyes and hum, waiting for it to go away.  It's not going to go away unless you do.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I had the Bruins on one tube and the Celts on another. Both were very nice wins, though I thought that the Bruins were outplayed in the 3rd until they scored the tie breaker. Two W's, Sweet Night!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Huge Win! : Well put, RHO.  Everyone expresses their sense of wining and losing in different ways.  But, everyine can agree that beating the #1 team in the league on their ice is a great W - for 1 game, it is great for Bs fans. Playoff talk is nonsense to me.   No one has a crystal ball.   I know I spout out " we ain't winning a Cup this year " every time we go on a losing streak, but that's just my way of dealing with the frustration of losing.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Not to worry, ipot.  I remember all too well how people would take aim at you for any of your thoughts that they perceived as almost treasonous.  My take was you were simply expressing the passion you had for the Bruins.  It wasn't so much the Bruin losses that irked you but how they lost.  End of story.  How others chose to view them was entirely their business.

Sections
Shortcuts